Page 246 of 2234 FirstFirst ... 1461962362422432442452462472482492502562963467461246 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 33508
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    how was Halloween Eve?
    Nothing ground-breaking, but it was fun. I liked the art more than the story TBH.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You first. You like your thread, go there, stay, be small and don't think out of your own box. You are such a hypocrite, and fool but enjoy that. Enjoy that and have fun. I wish you well. Please start to examine the small minded way you look at things you will grow more when you do.

o
    That's probably advise you'd do well to adhere to yourself.

You're so quick to call everyone else names and then have the audacity to complain that you're being picked on.

Talking about other people being "small minded" and being incapable of "thinking outside of the box" when you're one of the biggest examples of the very thing you're falsely accusing Genki Sudo of being.

You've repeatedly come into nearly all incarnations of the Black Panther Appreciation threads to tell everyone (repeatedly) how much you hated the fact that Storm and T'Challa were married citing what you percieved as bad writing on the part of Reginald Hudlin and in many cases, falsely accused Hudlin of writing Storm as a doormat to T'Challa's machismo even going as far as to continously describe the marriage of the two characters as the "joke of the century".

The fact that posters such as myself and more than a few others made it quite clear to you that we didn't appreciate what you were saying did not in anyway deter you from continuing down that derogatory path so you really don't have a leg to stand on now crying about how some posters choose to address Storm in the wake of AvX and the crap way in which he's now being portrayed as a background character whilst Psycloke gets her shine on.

Always making so much noise about how much of a "bad husband" the fictional T'Challa was supposed to be and then crying like a baby because a few posters accurately describe how Storm is being made to look cheap canoodling with Wolverine so soon after her marriage was annulled.

And you actually have the temerity to call Genki a hypocrite?

Take a look in the mirror.

Does any of the above look like Hudlin writing Storm as a stooge?

But at the end of the day, you have Storm back within the X-fold playing second fiddle to the likes of Psycloke inbetween sucking Wolverine's tongue so you should be more than happy now.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-04-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Sup' Froggy!?

Tales From The Hood was the bomb when it came out and still resonates today.

They sure don't make movies like that anymore.

I'm really happy for Kendrick Lamar.
    I always thought it was cool that DMX used lamont bentley's scene in his intro for it's dark and hell is hot

and yeah, kendrick lamar is doing big things, doing big thiiiiings for the west coast. RESURRECTION BRUH, RESURRECTION

i'd still think blaster knuckle could be a movie if django unchained is one
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I always thought it was cool that DMX used lamont bentley's scene in his intro for it's dark and hell is hot

and yeah, kendrick lamar is doing big things, doing big thiiiiings for the west coast. RESURRECTION BRUH, RESURRECTION

i'd still think blaster knuckle could be a movie if django unchained is one
    No doubt.

Blaster knuckle would be totally off the chain.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Tales From the Hood worked both on its own merits and as a homage to flims like Trilogy of Terror (70's horror classic starring Karen Black).

My favorite segment is the one will the little voodoo doll thingees. :)

I remember hearing about Watson & Holmes a while back, but never got around to actually reading the comic.

Here are some links for people who haven't heard of the series:

http://comicsbeat.com/sherlock-holme...igital-series/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/...rick-leonardi/

http://ifanboy.com/articles/preview-watson-holmes-1/

looks like its worth a purchase. Anyone who's bought the comic please feel free to give us your impressions
    Why am I just hearing about this? Seriously how have I missed this?

how was Halloween Eve?
    I really enjoyed it, great fun read with equal great art in it

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Why am I just hearing about this? Seriously how have I missed this?

could of sworn we talked about it on here like 2 months ago or more

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    I really enjoyed it, great fun read with equal great art in it
    so you recommend picking it up

That's probably advise you'd do well to adhere to yourself.

You're so quick to call everyone else names and then have the audacity to complain that you're being picked on.

Talking about other people being "small minded" and being incapable of "thinking outside of the box" when you're one of the biggest examples of the very thing you're falsely accusing Genki Sudo of being.

You've repeatedly come into nearly all incarnations of the Black Panther Appreciation threads to tell everyone (repeatedly) how much you hated the fact that Storm and T'Challa were married citing what you percieved as bad writing on the part of Reginald Hudlin and in many cases, falsely accused Hudlin of writing Storm as a doormat to T'Challa's machismo even going as far as to continously describe the marriage of the two characters as the "joke of the century".

The fact that posters such as myself and more than a few others made it quite clear to you that we didn't appreciate what you were saying did not in anyway deter you from continuing down that derogatory path so you really don't have a leg to stand on now crying about how some posters choose to address Storm in the wake of AvX and the crap way in which he's now being portrayed as a background character whilst Psycloke gets her shine on.

Always making so much noise about how much of a "bad husband" the fictional T'Challa was supposed to be and then crying like a baby because a few posters accurately describe how Storm is being made to look cheap canoodling with Wolverine so soon after her marriage was annulled.

And you actually have the temerity to call Genki a hypocrite?

Take a look in the mirror.

You big meanie

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zsqx44.jpg
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2naig5l.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/j0w7du.jpg

Does any of the above look like Hudlin writing Storm as a stooge?
    A reminder of what could have been, I can't remember the last time I've seen her that strong and in charge in a x-book. I liked the team up she had with Gambit during the vampire days drawn by Bachalo but in that she pretty much was like a noob and was what she has been for a good time since I guess the golden days of Claremont, I know it's one thing to have a character unsure of themselves but for a woman who they make a point to say she's had her battle with Dracula and is a master thief who is arguably above Gambit himself in that area does very little sneaking, no expert h2h combat she's been praised to have and continues the "I have a weak stomach for killing" mantra placed on her( funny that during her mohawk days she did kill and that style is worshiped yet the ignore the killing part ).

All of that gets praised but everything Hudlin did that showed how great she is get's buried and trashed because it didn't happen in a precious x-book, she at the time was married to the character that shatters the "fantasy" and she was on the verge of having a bigger profile in the entirety of the Marvel U but some folks would rather go for the crab in a bucket syndrome of she can't outshine any of the other x-characters combined with her being more loved in the role of a new age "Mammy"

But at the end of the day, you have Storm back within the X-fold playing second fiddle to the likes of Psycloke inbetween sucking Wolverine's tongue so you should be more than happy now.
    QFT

could of sworn we talked about it on here like 2 months ago or more
    How did I miss that, where was I during that time, oh well going to pick it up

so you recommend picking it up
    I really do, it won't set the world on fire but it really is a fun read and Amy Reader is DC's loss and the indy world's gain

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...is-her-mask-on

What was the point of that??

His reasoning-minorities don't sell. So they need to keep their mask on. They just post anything over there don't they?
    To be honest..I would love for marvel to create a character keep his or her mask on for a year..then show that they are a minority just so I can gauge the reaction of readers.

Who say all they want is good stories and plots and they would support a minority hero..

as proof I would use sales of the books when race wasn't disclosed compared to afterwards. If they dipped then the industry has some serious comic book race issues. (PUN INTENDED)

My theory is the..I will support a Minority book when well executed is a fraud....a hypocrisy pillow for those with prejudices to sleep well.

RED HULK
    RED SHE-HULK
    etc. are proof..no one in their right mind could argue that RED hulk sold because of Loeb. There are more than a few crap books that sale well. That even fans of those books wont defend the quality of writing.
    Last edited by RolandJP; 11-04-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

What do you guys think of race bending for comic book movies..i think its a COP OUT. Jaime FOX as the SHOCKER.

Elba as THOR doorman. When Luke Cage. Black Panther. Shang Chi. Misty Knight, Collen Wing, Amadeus Cho, and a host of others are all usable.

I say Marvel should keep their Projects like their comics..Minority Free..just like the books. With Token representation. The movie going Audience needs to see what they are supporting.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    To be honest..I would love for marvel to create a character keep his or her mask on for a year..then show that they are a minority just so I can gauge the reaction of readers.

Who say all they want is good stories and plots and they would support a minority hero..
    IN other words pull a Thunderbolts. Just don't reveal anything until the end. Priest sort of did that with X (some name I JUST forgot) back in 1997-98. The guy was black but dressed as a white guy when he was in costume.

What do you guys think of race bending for comic book movies..i think its a COP OUT. Jaime FOX as the SHOCKER.
    I would leave the comic like it's source material.

Unless I had to change it.

Marvel wise they really don't need to-aside from War Machine, Miles, Battlestar & Falcon-you can introduce Luke and the others without their white counterpart of who they are linked to.

For guys like Batman, Superman, WW, Flash & Aquaman-who lack minorities in their peanut galleries. I would do a new character and eventually introduce them in the comics.

I didn't need a black Pete Ross in Smallville-I'm pretty sure that town as lily white in real life. It wouldn't offend me.

Lets look at Batman-who says Robin has to be Dick Grayson? Tim Drake? Damian Wayne? Why couldn't he be a Virgil Hawkins? Jaime Reyes? Jason Rusch? Stephanie Brown?

It's just a movie that will make millions no matter what. A few bigots will whine but KIDS will NOT care. We almost had a black one.

I don't view Fox's casting as a cop out-this is just another guy taking over a villain role. How many Venoms have we had? We seen other Rocket Racers & Prowlers of both races.

I would do Prowler and if he should mention a nephew named Miles and we see a spider numbered 42. That just heats up the desire for Spider-Man 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post

Elba as THOR doorman. When Luke Cage. Black Panther. Shang Chi. Misty Knight, Collen Wing, Amadeus Cho, and a host of others are all usable.

I say Marvel should keep their Projects like their comics..Minority Free..just like the books. With Token representation. The movie going Audience needs to see what they are supporting.

I don't see the problem as long as the end product is good.

That being said I would have liked to see the other characters you mentioned introduced as well. But now that Disney has Star Wars and Marvels already got 6 or 7 viable franchises to go with not sure if these characters will ever see the Big screen in the next 15 years.

Elba does a good job in his limited role, een though Marvel's Heimdal is a lame character to begin with cause marvel's Norse mythology only prioritizes 3 characters: Loki, Thor and Odin.

I already mentioned earlier I don't want to see Fox as Electro, cause he is just a weak character. And I guarantee that Electro would get embarrassed badly if he ever appeared in a Spider-Man movie.

...I don't want to spoil things.

But the end has come for a controversial character tonight. Yes, it is related to this thread.
    You just have to be cool about it...

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C-Cool View Post
    ...I don't want to spoil things.

But the end has come for a controversial character tonight. Yes, it is related to this thread.
    Oh you can spoil it, it's not like the character was that important.

Everyone, T-Dog's dead.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com