Page 240 of 2237 FirstFirst ... 1401902302362372382392402412422432442502903407401240 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 33544
  1. #3586
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,978

    Default

    Ninja Assasin was okay calm down. The Plot wasn't that inspired, like it was adapted from a generic manga or something. But the cinematography was good. The work they did with the shadows was very nice. Overall it was better than my expectation.

    Naomi Harris basically had to carry the movie in terms of acting, which isn't a bad thing she can really act. Pirates of the Carribean, Ninja Assasin now the new Bond. You go Naomi. But the acting wasn't bad.


  2. #3587
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Ninja Assasin was okay calm down. The Plot wasn't that inspired, like it was adapted from a generic manga or something. But the cinematography was good. The work they did with the shadows was very nice. Overall it was better than my expectation.

    Naomi Harris basically had to carry the movie in terms of acting, which isn't a bad thing she can really act. Pirates of the Carribean, Ninja Assasin now the new Bond. You go Naomi. But the acting wasn't bad.

    Don't forget the godfather of ninja movies Sho Kosugi, why him and his sons aren't more known over here is mind boggling( not really but they should be more known )

  3. #3588
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Don't forget the godfather of ninja movies Sho Kosugi, why him and his sons aren't more known over here is mind boggling( not really but they should be more known )
    yeah he is a boss. Didn't mean to disrespect him. He was awesome in that movie how could I forget. Without him the story wouldn't have been nearly as stron


  4. #3589
    Veteran Member Omegastorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Never called her a whore and you know it, go and find a post where I did, I'll wait
    You didn't but others have and they just came to Storm thread to do it. But we will get to that.

    Bloody hell you're dense as you missed the part of my post where I mentioned alternate reality shenanigans
    We will get to that in a second.

    Really, it had no baring on the story arc that happened after it where Frenzy still reeling from it left Utopia because she didn't want to be near Cyclops because in that reality they were lovers? It had no baring on O because she immediately had her memory of it erased so that she would be written as not having to own up to it? I see your reaction to defending all of that besides ignoring it is to falsely say myself and others are calling her a slut and other names( with no evidence ). You can ignore the two facts I've pointed out( one was even addressed in a ongoing arc ) but they are there no matter how much you want to ignore it
    Actually she did own up to it that's why she and Namor had them erased. They were memories from another dimension that had no bearing on this one. Do you want her to to own up to it or not?
    What we can't say how she's being written even though there's proof right there on the page, you yourself just said you called BP a bad husband even though you where shown proof that he is not, myself and others have pointed out when BP has been written badly in relationships but yet we can't do so for her? You can't have it both ways in your grand pursuit to paint her as the patron saint of all things good in a comic page. I don't have a excuse I see her being written like one of the ladies from a reality show and I point it out that she's being written that way and make it a point to say the writers need to be taken to task, all you see is me being mean because I'm not being positive about the back handed way she's being written. I see her "fans" being more then happy that is happening because now she's "free" of that bad BP character who's been holding her back and now she can be herself again in the arms of a flagship character because they've been written as flirting here and there while ignoring that she hasn't even been divorced for nothing but a hot minute but hey people love Wolverine and he's more known then that king from a fictional country and is from the same franchise who's had more women then damn near Tony Stark. That's not a double standard or anything
    For the record I am responsible for my posts and the two or three Storm fans on this board that support her being with Logan are not me. I don't want them together in a relationship. I am not a Rolo, them being together is yuck. I don't want her with a child murderer. I just don't.


    She hasn't even done anything close to that in any x-book not written by Brian Wood, I didn't see her strategize on how to stop the Avengers during AvX yet I don't see you mentioning that in fact all I ever see you and your running buddies do is put all the blame on BP. I have seen her strategize with him in McDuffie's F run as well as being BP's equal and then some under Priest's pen, in the BP's books I've seen her save his life more then once and even strategize on how to take out Kraven The Hunter before she had to be taken away because she was need apparently in the x-books......where she wasn't used other then to just be wallpaper but I never see you or anyone in the x-boards say anything about that, just complaints about how BP has wronged her so much
    I realize you don't frequent the Storm board but after Gillen's dismal and pathetic rendition of her people there don't like him. Considering she was out feeding the world and did not know about avengers, why would I want her to strategize for that? She was against fighting them the whole time. I blame Bp for invading Utopia first, and I do blame Storm for Aaron's abysmal fight scene in AvX 5. That fight between them was stupid. We all complain about Fraction and his wack ass writing. We gave Gillen a chance and he did alright at first and then flamed out. Aaron has been writing her poorly since the Black Panther SI issues. McDuffie's run in FF isn't a black panther book and he did a great job. My posts haven't included him because this is about two camps Panther and X. The FF were great and he did a great job.

    We both know that's you not me
    No not really.

    I'm sure in your mind you did but you didn't really, I don't recall any of you trolling any Hercules thread or even going to voice this displeasure in the main marvel board as you have done continuously if it involves BP. Hell until now that has never been brought up
    You can't have it both ways. I did complain about it and just because I did not go to his board doesn't negate that. I am the one that brought it up to complain about it. I get your point that my criticism wasn't as intense for Hercules. But that doesn't mean there was none.

    For a day after that it was back to BP bashing as usual for you folks
    I wonder why?

    That is character damaging? That is a lame argument and you know it.....wait no you don't
    The reason it's a character issue is because it points to competence, her ability to... nevermind.



    Of course he was the only one out of the x-writers to use her in a remotely positive light( while good it's arguable as a whole if his run is actually good or boring ) so you all rested your hopes on him and got dashed for it
    I didn't get dashed at all. His Storm was excellent, and he's not quite done yet.

  5. #3590
    Veteran Member Omegastorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,885

    Default

    He's not but it again shows how narrow minded you fans are if all you can recall of her being written in a positive light is if the book has a big X on it as myself and others have pointed out when she's been written very well in books outside of that but you refuse to acknowledge that unless you begrudgingly have to
    I have acknowledged McDuffie's great contribution. Hudlin even had some great moments with her but when you throw in all the mistakes ranging from her not knowing how to use her powers in space, to killing indiscriminately with no thought or consequences to her voice being diminished by Aaron and others it's easy to see where other folks are coming from.




    Seems you missed what I said about it, not surprised

    False and I've said that more then once but again you have heard what you wanted to hear so to speak so I'll say it again( even though I know I've told you this before on multiple occasions before yourself and like minded bashers like you made me leave her appreciation thread ). I like her but since the x-office has no plans to use her in any form of a positive way other then as a "white male fantasy" tool there's no point in me buying a book to support that just because a character I like is in it but it's easier to take that as me saying I don't like her isn't it.
    Right? Whose white male fantasy? How? Please back this up a little. It's better when she's a black male fantasy? I want her to have her own fantasies apart from the concerns of black or white men. It's weak sauce that this about you perceiving her as a fantasy object when she's really a subject and that's all about you. It's not about her. The fact is you won't see it.

    Given the current track record in the x-books fate has not been kind to her but hey keep hope alive as Messy Jessie( Jessie Jackson )
    Hudlin killed that hope for me during that ridiculous proposal and never restored it.
    It's funny as you ignored what Bendis did to her during the short Avengers run in favor of just pumping your chest to say she is a Avenger( and toss shade on BP for being the voice to recommend her as good or bad as that was ) and will also ignore Aaron as right now he is also one of the ones who wrote her in a great way and being a strategist before he wrote what you all wanted in the versus issue( a scene from it was even your avatar ) but then him saying he wants to deal more with the marriage would strike fear in a marriage hater as well and opt to ignore that book huh
    This is where it starts for you. The whole pulling stuff out of your butt. I did the opposite of what you were saying. I always reticent of Bendis writing her and said so quite a bit. Only after a few days of saying that over and over and over again did I relent and decide it's a good thing. That did not mean that I trusted Bendis to do anything as a matter of fact I never trusted him. I thought from the beginning that he would screw it up and he did.




    It fit how she was being written, if a character is being written as a douche bag( Stark for example ) people have said he's being written as so. It was deemed calling her that was inappropriate but it's obvious despite all that you're still holding a grudege and can't let it go ignoring yourself and others calling BP far worse( even calling out his fictional manhood )
    It's not that big of a grudge. I haven't ignored anything that anyone has called Bp, but since I we are having this discussion the worst thing I have ever said is calling him a bad husband. That's it.



    Again false, no one has called her that, it may have been said she's written like one but since so far the solicits point to her doing that and we haven't seen it no one has called her that......other then yourself
    Drook did and so did Franscisco. he evens says he hates her. All of those posts have been deleted by mods so I can't post them. But let's keep going here, Kid K and others have questioned her blackness and he will actually admit to it. Flex Hectic called her a door knob repeatedly. So what are you talking about?

    False and I've pointed it all out already. If anyone has had free reign in calling another character names it has been yourself and others from the x-boards which I've pointed out already( that's not even including the implied stuff you all were trying to get to )
    Unlike you I can own to other people calling the panther names. They did and sometimes they are funny. I shouldn't encourage them and I should stick up for him more.



    Seeing as how we've had to put up with you and your perceived false slight I have asked a lot of the mods of how you and others are still able to post with all the negativity and trollish behavior you've all done when I'm not being told to play nice in the continued effort to coddle you, must be nice to be high on that horse with a air of obliviousness surrounding you
    Perceived right? Look I get this has been on your mind for a while now so you are finally expressing what you feel. Questioning Storm's blackness was stupid. There was no reason to do it. I am so grateful for you coddling me. Please notice my sarcasm. It's kind of funny how that obliviousness you say I live in doesn't apply to you when it's been shown repeatedly that Hudlin did a poor job with Storm's characterization from having her strip butt naked and play the goddess to killing indiscriminately to distoriting her character to fit into his style of writing. The funny thing is I really enjoyed his take on her during House of M. That lulled me into a false sense of security where I thought he was capable of actually writing a decent Storm. He had his moments of writing Storm well and those were fleeting. But enjoy your back issues of the house wife, I am glad that's over. I look forward to Storm continually challenging the men in her life and not putting up with their crap. You don't, I don't get that but ok. If that's your idea of a white male fantasy figure you really don't get Storm at all.

    o
    Last edited by Omegastorm; 11-03-2012 at 12:18 AM.

  6. #3591
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You didn't but others have and they just came to Storm thread to do it. But we will get to that.
    You just claimed I did also they didn't. All they did was ask questions mainly about what's with the animosity you and others have for not only BP but fans of BP( when you weren't claiming we have to hate her because we're fans of BP ) only to be greeted by more animosity from the usual suspects of that board before a mod actually showed up to do something to break everything up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Actually she did own up to it that's why she and Namor had them erased.
    That's not owning up to it, that's running away from it. That's like me killing someone and then covering up the evidence then walking away whistling like nothing happened while doing everything possible to avoid getting caught

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    They were memories from another dimension that had no bearing on this one.
    Yes they did, there was a whole character arc with Frenzy about it in Legacy as Rouge asked her why did shecome to the academy and she said it was because of what happened in AoX with her and Cyclops. How is it a character with less of her history( and less notoriety ) is able to be written better then her and not a single fan who swears they are fan #1 of her's says a damn thing about it other then trying to sweep it under the rug by saying that tired line of "it was a alternate reality" while Frenzy fans praise that arc like I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Do you want her to to own up to it or not?
    YES! She should have been written as owning up to it since she's suppose to be this great big moral compass according to some fans, I know for a fact some of the crew you chat with on a regular bases have more then once took shots at BP by saying he has the Dora there as possible wives and have crucified him for it but Storm actually commits adultery and instead of trying to talk it out with her husband takes the cheap way out and gets her memories erased and you guys applaud, I said that made her look weak and if I was a so called hard core Storm fan I would feel embarrassed to even go along with that bs instead of going all in after Marvel

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    For the record I am responsible for my posts and the two or three Storm fans on this board that support her being with Logan are not me. I don't want them together in a relationship. I am not a Rolo, them being together is yuck. I don't want her with a child murderer. I just don't.
    Cool, I will no longer put you in with them


    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I realize you don't frequent the Storm board but after Gillen's dismal and pathetic rendition of her people there don't like him.
    Means nothing as I see them more then happy to see her play second fiddle to Psylocke while also ignoring the whole "Storm" doesn't kill mantra they've been going on for the past couple of years as she's put on a kill squad

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Considering she was out feeding the world and did not know about avengers, why would I want her to strategize for that?
    The P5 were feeding the world along with Magneto and yet they still found time to hunt down Avengers, kinda sad one of the great big leaders of the X-Men was never around for those meetings

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    She was against fighting them the whole time.
    No she wasn't, like otehr characters she was m.i.a alot

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I blame Bp for invading Utopia first
    Of course you do, everyone does but no one ever blames her for leading known killers onto Wakandan soil betraying her kingdom and then confiding in these same people that her husband "beat" her and refused to talk to her( it's impossible to miss it as people on the x-boards cheered Rachel "fighting" him and swearing vengance after reading those panels )

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I do blame Storm for Aaron's abysmal fight scene in AvX 5. That fight between them was stupid.
    No comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    We all complain about Fraction and his wack ass writing.
    Never saw that, I have seen others say he wrote her better then Hudlin and that is flat out laughable

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    We gave Gillen a chance and he did alright at first and then flamed out.
    Hard to tell since you all kicked him to the curb only when Wood showed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Aaron has been writing her poorly since the Black Panther SI issues.
    No he hasn't, feel free to admit you don't like it because it all happened in a BP book as your cohorts have at least begrudgingly admitted to that since any feats done outside of a x-book apparently to you guys don't count

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    McDuffie's run in FF isn't a black panther book and he did a great job.
    Which you always begrudingly admitt to and only after people started posting pics from it, it wasn't that long ago before you ignored it flat out and never mentioned it

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    My posts haven't included him because this is about two camps Panther and X. The FF were great and he did a great job.
    Panther belongs to the Marvel camp which is also where the FF reside since that is where he got his debut and has most of his history there, his editors have always been the same group of editors that edit that book as well as any other book not associated with the Avengers/Spidey/X-office. It's been a known fact that X fans have loved being in their own little corner with no interference from the outside world until her getting married shattered that illusion and yourself and others have been hell bent on bringing the status quo back for a good while

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    No not really.
    It is, no matter how much you want to deflect it is all you

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You can't have it both ways.
    You sure do, we can talk about BP's fauilts all day every day but we can't do the same for Storm, unless it's positive it can't be spoken

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I did complain about it and just because I did not go to his board doesn't negate that.
    Yeah it does as you have no problem coming into BP's thread to air out your so called grievances so why do we have the unfortunate honor to have to deal with you and they get off scott free?

  7. #3592
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I am the one that brought it up to complain about it. I get your point that my criticism wasn't as intense for Hercules. But that doesn't mean there was none.
    Yeah it does because you kept it to yourself and your little friends but if BP does something wrong then the whole damn board hears about it

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I wonder why?
    Cause you all seem to have so much fun throwing dirt on BP, I don't know why you all continue to bash BP with the marriage being over we had hoped you all would stay in your own area but nope you all keep on just trolling and trolling and no one can answer why but you and your little group. So why do you all do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    The reason it's a character issue is because it points to competence, her ability to... nevermind.
    Yes it's never mind because you know full well outside of Wood she hasn't been written as a competent hero outside of the BP writers and Yost



    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I didn't get dashed at all.
    Yeah it did, I saw the cries with each new x-book announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    His Storm was excellent, and he's not quite done yet.
    He's done since one of you step foot in the Ultimate threads

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I have acknowledged McDuffie's great contribution
    Barely

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You didn't but others have and they just came to Storm thread to do it. But we will get to that.
    You just claimed I did also they didn't. All they did was ask questions mainly about what's with the animosity you and others have for not only BP but fans of BP( when you weren't claiming we have to hate her because we're fans of BP ) only to be greeted by more animosity from the usual suspects of that board before a mod actually showed up to do something to break everything up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Actually she did own up to it that's why she and Namor had them erased.
    That's not owning up to it, that's running away from it. That's like me killing someone and then covering up the evidence then walking away whistling like nothing happened while doing everything possible to avoid getting caught

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    They were memories from another dimension that had no bearing on this one.
    Yes they did, there was a whole character arc with Frenzy about it in Legacy as Rouge asked her why did she come to the academy and she said it was because of what happened in AoX with her and Cyclops. How is it a character with less of her history( and less notoriety ) is able to be written better then her and not a single fan who swears they are fan #1 of her's says a damn thing about it other then trying to sweep it under the rug by saying that tired line of "it was a alternate reality" while Frenzy fans praise that arc like I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Do you want her to to own up to it or not?
    YES! She should have been written as owning up to it since she's suppose to be this great big moral compass according to some fans, I know for a fact some of the crew you chat with on a regular bases have more then once took shots at BP by saying he has the Dora there as possible wives and have crucified him for it but Storm actually commits adultery and instead of trying to talk it out with her husband takes the cheap way out and gets her memories erased and you guys applaud, I said that made her look weak and if I was a so called hard core Storm fan I would feel embarrassed to even go along with that bs instead of going all in after Marvel

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    For the record I am responsible for my posts and the two or three Storm fans on this board that support her being with Logan are not me. I don't want them together in a relationship. I am not a Rolo, them being together is yuck. I don't want her with a child murderer. I just don't.
    Cool, I will no longer put you in with them


    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I realize you don't frequent the Storm board but after Gillen's dismal and pathetic rendition of her people there don't like him.
    Means nothing as I see them more then happy to see her play second fiddle to Psylocke while also ignoring the whole "Storm" doesn't kill mantra they've been going on for the past couple of years as she's put on a kill squad

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Considering she was out feeding the world and did not know about avengers, why would I want her to strategize for that?
    The P5 were feeding the world along with Magneto and yet they still found time to hunt down Avengers, kinda sad one of the great big leaders of the X-Men was never around for those meetings

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    She was against fighting them the whole time.
    No she wasn't, like otehr characters she was m.i.a alot

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I blame Bp for invading Utopia first
    Of course you do, everyone does but no one ever blames her for leading known killers onto Wakandan soil betraying her kingdom and then confiding in these same people that her husband "beat" her and refused to talk to her( it's impossible to miss it as people on the x-boards cheered Rachel "fighting" him and swearing vengeance after reading those panels )

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I do blame Storm for Aaron's abysmal fight scene in AvX 5. That fight between them was stupid.
    No comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    We all complain about Fraction and his wack ass writing.
    Never saw that, I have seen others say he wrote her better then Hudlin and that is flat out laughable

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    We gave Gillen a chance and he did alright at first and then flamed out.
    Hard to tell since you all kicked him to the curb only when Wood showed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Aaron has been writing her poorly since the Black Panther SI issues.
    No he hasn't, feel free to admit you don't like it because it all happened in a BP book as your cohorts have at least begrudgingly admitted to that since any feats done outside of a x-book apparently to you guys don't count

  8. #3593
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    McDuffie's run in FF isn't a black panther book and he did a great job.
    Which you always begrudgingly admit to and only after people started posting pics from it, it wasn't that long ago before you ignored it flat out and never mentioned it

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    My posts haven't included him because this is about two camps Panther and X. The FF were great and he did a great job.
    Panther belongs to the Marvel camp which is also where the FF reside since that is where he got his debut and has most of his history there, his editors have always been the same group of editors that edit that book as well as any other book not associated with the Avengers/Spidey/X-office. It's been a known fact that X fans have loved being in their own little corner with no interference from the outside world until her getting married shattered that illusion and yourself and others have been hell bent on bringing the status quo back for a good while

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    No not really.
    It is, no matter how much you want to deflect it is all you

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You can't have it both ways.
    You sure do, we can talk about BP's faults all day every day but we can't do the same for Storm, unless it's positive it can't be spoken

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I did complain about it and just because I did not go to his board doesn't negate that.
    Yeah it does as you have no problem coming into BP's thread to air out your so called grievances so why do we have the unfortunate honor to have to deal with you and they get off scott free?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I am the one that brought it up to complain about it. I get your point that my criticism wasn't as intense for Hercules. But that doesn't mean there was none.
    Yeah it does because you kept it to yourself and your little friends but if BP does something wrong then the whole damn board hears about it

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I wonder why?
    Cause you all seem to have so much fun throwing dirt on BP, I don't know why you all continue to bash BP with the marriage being over we had hoped you all would stay in your own area but nope you all keep on just trolling and trolling and no one can answer why but you and your little group. So why do you all do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    The reason it's a character issue is because it points to competence, her ability to... nevermind.
    Yes it's never mind because you know full well outside of Wood she hasn't been written as a competent hero outside of the BP writers and Yost



    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I didn't get dashed at all.
    Yeah it did, I saw the cries with each new x-book announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    His Storm was excellent, and he's not quite done yet.
    He's done since one of you step foot in the Ultimate threads

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Hudlin even had some great moments with her but when you throw in all the mistakes ranging from her not knowing how to use her powers in space, to killing indiscriminately with no thought or consequences to her voice being diminished by Aaron and others it's easy to see where other folks are coming from.
    No it's not as every single x-writer has written her badly and you all let them get off scott free except for Hudlin because he was writing BP and since all of you already had you hate caps on for BP all you need was one thing and you all ran with it, Bendis had her drooling on the floor and yet I see several of you more then willing to purchase his x-book just because she's in it just like you did his Avengers book despite all the complaining meanwhile Hudlin writes her well but naw it's in a BP book and that can't be right




    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Seems you missed what I said about it, not surprised
    I missed nothing, I saw you deflecting which you're still doing

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Right? Whose white male fantasy? How? Please back this up a little.
    There's no need to back it up as you know full well what I'm talking about from her being that exotic dark skinned woman with the flowing white mohawk and the leather outfit in that she also calls herself a goddess and a queen without actually acting like one except for that time she married that african but the less that's talked about the better. You can see that post in ever other post in the Storm thread except it will be masked under various forms of code words which you yourself have took part in more then once and you know it but you'll deny that as it's easier then to accept the truth

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    It's better when she's a black male fantasy?
    Wouldn't know as she's never been written as one and when it was thought that she was you all got together to crucify Hudlin for it which you all still do

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I want her to have her own fantasies apart from the concerns of black or white men.
    Which is impossible since she's a black character written mainly by white men who have basically been using her as a white fantasy except for a couple who later had to be self exiled( Preist/McDuffie ) or was told he couldn't use her( Liss ) all the while you guys cheered or ignored it all together

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    It's weak sauce that this about you perceiving her as a fantasy object when she's really a subject and that's all about you.
    No what's weak is that you are blind to it but that is not shocking to me since you believe she's a subject when if she is she's a terrible one but then I'm not shocked you just veered off the road here

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    It's not about her. The fact is you won't see it.
    It is very much is it's just that YOU refuse to see it in favor of false pursuits and so called slights

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Hudlin killed that hope for me during that ridiculous proposal and never restored it.
    He did but since you refuse to believe it I'm not shocked you have the blinders on but is more then willing to accept whatever nonsense a x-writer will do

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    This is where it starts for you. The whole pulling stuff out of your butt.
    Nope, I saw you more then once jumping for joy Bendis took over with screams of she made it to the big leagues and kept that whole speel rolling, it was hard to miss in the Storm threads

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I did the opposite of what you were saying.
    No you didn't

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I always reticent of Bendis writing her and said so quite a bit.
    Nope

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Only after a few days of saying that over and over and over again did I relent and decide it's a good thing.
    Of course because according to you it's not Hudlin and has no BP in sight so that's a plus

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    That did not mean that I trusted Bendis to do anything as a matter of fact I never trusted him.
    Now you're contradicting yourself, if Hudlin's writing rubbed you wrong and you're more then willing to point out non stop how bad it is then by all means don't change that because it's Bendis, if you're going ride on Hudlin then you damn well better ride on Bendis instead of turning tail and letting him off. That just shows you're a fair weather fan and is doing the exact same back handed fan stuff you accuse other posters of doing but nope you're more then happy to troll BP threads

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I thought from the beginning that he would screw it up and he did.
    Wouldn't know as you never curse his name like you do any BP writer not named Priest


    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    It's not that big of a grudge.
    It must be as you said BP fans have been throwing insults her way and have kept you from saying what you really want to say in his thread all while throwing dirt on him and his fans in the Storm threads, that doesn't look like a small grudge to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I haven't ignored anything that anyone has called Bp
    Of course not as you've joined in with them, even admitted to it earlier

  9. #3594
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    but since I we are having this discussion the worst thing I have ever said is calling him a bad husband. That's it.
    You still joined it but it's ok if you do it but nobody can to it Storm? Can't have it both ways



    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Drook did and so did Franscisco. he evens says he hates her.
    And was told to stop and both only did it after yourself and others came in trolling, funny you'll always bring up what otehrs have done to wrong you but you will never bring up what you and that running group of yours did to kick all of that up( selective memory? )

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    But let's keep going here, Kid K and others have questioned her blackness and he will actually admit to it. Flex Hectic called her a door knob repeatedly. So what are you talking about?
    Cause she is a hero of color and was once the queen of a african country as well as worshiped by a african tribe, you can want to throw on the blinders all you want but being a woman of color is a part of Storm's make up and it has been shown more then once any time someone points that out you all get real nervous and love to ignore the whole racial diverse similarities the X-Men have more then once stood for( even the almighty Claremont you all love to use as the bench mark of writers who've used her pointed out you can't talk about the X-Men with out race relations allegories ), that's what we're talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Unlike you I can own to other people calling the panther names.
    I've owned to it just because I didn't call her a whore like you had hoped doesn't mean I haven't called her a name and said exactly why, I call her O.Snooks because she's being written like one of those women from the reality show Jersey Shore, I even called her a Tyler Perry vixen because in the versus issue she was written like a sassy black chick from a Tyler Perry movie, called her a bad wife because she was written as just that in the x-books. Unlike yourself who wants to make me believe a bad husband is all you've called BP which we both know is false

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    They did and sometimes they are funny. I shouldn't encourage them and I should stick up for him more.
    They weren't but you encouraged them while living in double standards as they can do that towards BP but no one can to it towards Storm



    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Perceived right?
    Did I stutter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Look I get this has been on your mind for a while now so you are finally expressing what you feel.
    No it hasn't, with the marriage over I no longer think about Storm but I do have to put up with you constantly trolling the BP threads and I would be more then happy if you just stayed in the Storm threads with the others

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Questioning Storm's blackness was stupid.
    No it isn't for the reasons I've stated above, the fact you believe it's not( all the while referring to her as a goddess which since you claim her blackness isn't in question then since she isn't a goddess you have no right to call her that or anything other then her name/codename/mutant )

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    There was no reason to do it.
    There is but not surprised you can't see it with the blinders on

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I am so grateful for you coddling me. Please notice my sarcasm.
    Trust me I won't any more, if I get banned for no longer treating you with kid gloves then so be it since this is how you like to work since you got Umbra banned with your constant trolling

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    It's kind of funny how that obliviousness you say I live in doesn't apply to you when it's been shown repeatedly that Hudlin did a poor job with Storm's characterization from having her strip butt naked and play the goddess to killing indiscriminately to distoriting her character to fit into his style of writing.
    I've pointed all that out and then some and even shown how great he's written her while you on the other hand just focus on the bad and never once praise the good unless you have no other choice but to, it's even more shocking as you love to revel in her being a "goddess" yet the moment Hudlin did it suddenly it's a bad thing( oh those double standards you bask in )

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    The funny thing is I really enjoyed his take on her during House of M. That lulled me into a false sense of security where I thought he was capable of actually writing a decent Storm.
    Only because you had to and only until Maj and Flex pointed that out with scans as before then it was Hudlin bashing as usual from you, don't try to fake the funk because it just makes you look worse then you already do

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    He had his moments of writing Storm well and those were fleeting.
    More then those x-writers you love to fall back on but you will always give them the benefit of the doubt since they write x-book

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    But enjoy your back issues of the house wife
    If being treated as a equal and not a drooling wallpaper second banana at a third rate school is a house wife then damn she had it rough

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I am glad that's over.
    We know, now it you'd keep your trolling self out of the BP threat to constantly remind us we'd be more then happy to never mention her name again

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I look forward to Storm continually challenging the men in her life and not putting up with their crap.
    Keep waiting cause from solicits it looks like what you want is a pipe dream but good luck to your trolling ass

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You don't
    I sure as the hell don't, I no longer give two turds about the entire x-franchise and that is all thanks to the x-office and so called fans like you

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I don't get that but ok.
    Said why more then once, not my fault if you're too dense get it

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    If that's your idea of a white male fantasy figure you really don't get Storm at all.

    o

    I do but you don't but again not surprising with your blinders and high horse

  10. #3595
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,789

    Default

    ....I feel compelled to note that a Jumpoff is a casual sex partner, a fuck-buddy. Not a whore.

    If people are gonna get offended by terminolgy it would help if everybody knows what the words actually mean.

  11. #3596
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    ....I feel compelled to note that a Jumpoff is a casual sex partner, a fuck-buddy. Not a whore.

    If people are gonna get offended by terminolgy it would help if everybody knows what the words actually mean.
    indeed....wall of text, wall of text, wall of text
    Support your local roller derby league

  12. #3597
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    31,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    ....I feel compelled to note that a Jumpoff is a casual sex partner, a fuck-buddy. Not a whore.

    If people are gonna get offended by terminolgy it would help if everybody knows what the words actually mean.
    It might also help if they (a) stop treating fictional characters like real people who need to be Internet White Knighted and (b) leave their own sexual hangups at the door when they read their funnybooks.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

  13. #3598
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wakanda, NY
    Posts
    14,912

    Default

    So No Doubt, a HUGE favorite of mine, released their most recent video. There's already reports and people calling out the video as being offensive to Native Americans while some feel they're more so celebrating Native American culture. I actually watched it first before seeing the comments on youtube and reading some stuff online and I wasn't too sure what to think of the video. I looks beautiful and it has some great imagery, but I'm not sure how the style of music and the lyrics relate to what the video seems to be about. And I'm not sure their intention was to be offensive, I sort of see this video like kids younger playing "Cowboys and Indians" but I dunno. Overall I'm not too entirely sure what I think.

    What about you guys?

    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

    Free Umbra!

  14. #3599
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    13,771

    Default

    To throw myself back into the whole "why is everyone hating on Storm thing."

    My issue with Storm isn't actually a Storm issue. It's an X-Men issue, a mutant issue. My "questioning her blackness" was really a question on how the X-writers, the VAST majority being white males, interpreted her as a character, and other minority mutants. To make it seem like their minority status means nothing under the mutant flag, when in reality, it would still mean a lot. WAY more than they have portrayed it to.

    In other words, my "issue with Storm" isn't that she's an Oreo. I didn't start or instigate that trend, because I know not to use that term (I used to be called that when I was younger. Well, more Uncle Tom, but yeah). I also have never called her a whore or anything of the sort. I'm one of the last guys you will ever see slut-shamming these days.

    My issue is that the X-Franchise is becoming or already is the comic book symbol of whitesplaining the minority struggle, of colorblindness, with a whole lot more fighting dragged in. When you watch it history, and how it interprets civil rights, it really lampshades how few minority writers, or at least sociologically conscious writers, there have been. It's concept is dated, and we should have moved on when it was a sales killer to write minority heroes...

    Unfortunately, it still is. And I think failing to challenge the comic book audience in the past enough have led to this whitewashed present. And I partially blame X-Men for that due to it's "catch all minority" Mutants.
    Last edited by Double 0; 11-03-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."


    - Stanisław Jerzy Lec

    http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

  15. #3600
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,789

    Default

    ^^^
    It's iffy.

    I'm fairly certain the video is intended to be a homage to Westerns with an opportunity for Stefani to prance around in Native gear (which she looks great in).

    How it may come off to others, I'm not sure.

    Native women may very well be sick of this kind of thing.

    You could make a case that this is no different from people wearing ethnic costumes on holloween.

    And problematic for the same reasons (or not).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •