Page 239 of 2236 FirstFirst ... 1391892292352362372382392402412422432492893397391239 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 33534

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm gonna check "Iron Fists" out.

Thing is, movie going is different now than in RZA's day. Or mine.

You don't get as many packs of dudes seeing action flick every week for giggles as you did back in the day.

The movies are too expensive for that now. So folks go less often and with the S.O. when they do go.

I think that most of this flicks target audience is gonna wait for this to drop on video.

On the bright side, this flick WILL clean up when the DVD drops.
    Thing is, it doesn't work as an action film. I've seen better fight scenes in DTV. Now that said, I've seen some pretty awesome DTV fight scenes. You ever want to watch an awesome fight movie, see Ninja. This was no Ninja. This was sub-Ninja Assassin, which I only being up because Rick Yune was in that too.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    It really is since we know he's a life long martial arts fan and practitioner so one would assume a guy who has access to the key talent in any stunt team around the world there should be no reason for boring fight scenes

As for his acting well given his track record I wasn't expecting a lot in that department
    Me neither. But maybe, you know you're not the world's greatest actor, you don't give yourself the pivotal key role?

For that matter, his martial arts weren't that great either. No one's were, but not his.

And really, you can get away with bad acting in a movie like this if the action holds it together. If anything, you're almost making a kind of statement with the bad acting. But the action wasn't there. Every time a fight scene started, I kept thinking oh boy, this is going to be the one that turns it around. And then I was wrong every single goddamn time. It probably didn't help I had some level of expectations for this film. But it just didn't work.

Plus, for a movie that mostly takes place in a whore house, a disturbing lack of titties.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Me neither. But maybe, you know you're not the world's greatest actor, you don't give yourself the pivotal key role?
    That is true, he should have stepped aside for that one. Michael Jai White was busy?

For that matter, his martial arts weren't that great either. No one's were, but not his.
    sigh you mean a movie with at least a couple of known martial artist and martial art movie actors don't look good doing something that by now should be coming naturally!? This is like getting the world's best singer on you song and having her only rap on it

And really, you can get away with bad acting in a movie like this if the action holds it together. If anything, you're almost making a kind of statement with the bad acting. But the action wasn't there. Every time a fight scene started, I kept thinking oh boy, this is going to be the one that turns it around. And then I was wrong every single goddamn time. It probably didn't help I had some level of expectations for this film. But it just didn't work.
    Sounds like me and episode 1

Plus, for a movie that mostly takes place in a whore house, a disturbing lack of titties.
    WHAT!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    my day is going okay

i'm on track to graduate and become the coolest amphibian this side of kermit
    That's great news guy.

Please tell me the soundtrack is good though.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

This is disappointing news. I was looking forward to RZA's Iron Fists film.
    Oh well, Bond is coming soon. Can't wait.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

That's great news guy.
    I'm getting positive reviews frommy instructors and all that good stuff

that and for my homework in one class i get to use a picture of cousin skeeter and post "bitch i'm bill bellamy"
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Thing is, it doesn't work as an action film. I've seen better fight scenes in DTV. Now that said, I've seen some pretty awesome DTV fight scenes. You ever want to watch an awesome fight movie, see Ninja. This was no Ninja. This was sub-Ninja Assassin, which I only being up because Rick Yune was in that too.
    Didn't see Ninja.

Saw Ninja Assassin, but that movie was so poorly shot that I couldn't tell if the fights were any good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Please tell me the soundtrack is good though.
    Soundtrack is pretty good.

-Expletive Deleted

Soundtrack is pretty good.
    That it is, it got me to like Whiz song, you hear that guys there's a Whiz song on my ipod

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    That is true, he should have stepped aside for that one. Michael Jai White was busy?

sigh you mean a movie with at least a couple of known martial artist and martial art movie actors don't look good doing something that by now should be coming naturally!? This is like getting the world's best singer on you song and having her only rap on it
    Y'know... not really? Gordon Liu is in it, but in a non-fighting role. Rick Yune, Byron Mann, they're not exactly Donnie Yen. Lucy Liu was good in Kill Bill, but it's the only place she's done it. They're people who know martial arts, they aren't for the most part people who have built their careers on it. And like Cung Li, great martial artist in real life, but that doesn't mean it translates into good on-screen martial arts.

Actually, one of the better people in the movie was Dave Bautista, for whatever that's worth.

-Expletive Deleted

Didn't see Ninja.

Saw Ninja Assassin, but that movie was so poorly shot that I couldn't tell if the fights were any good or not.
    You saw the wrong ninja movie that came out that year.

Seriously, see Ninja. Probably wrong place to post this, but best white ninja movie since the original American Ninja. Scott Adkins is pretty incredible, and the whole thing is basically the action of a Power Rangers show, if Power Rangers was a hard R. Which makes sense, since a lot of the people on it worked on various incarnations of Power Rangers. I don't know a single person who has seen it who hasn't loved it. Granted, I know like four people who have seen it.

-Expletive Deleted

Y'know... not really? Gordon Liu is in it, but in a non-fighting role. Rick Yune, Byron Mann, they're not exactly Donnie Yen. Lucy Liu was good in Kill Bill, but it's the only place she's done it. They're people who know martial arts, they aren't for the most part people who have built their careers on it. And like Cung Li, great martial artist in real life, but that doesn't mean it translates into good on-screen martial arts.

Actually, one of the better people in the movie was Dave Bautista, for whatever that's worth.
    ........sigh

Seriously, see Ninja. Probably wrong place to post this, but best white ninja movie since the original American Ninja. Scott Adkins is pretty incredible, and the whole thing is basically the action of a Power Rangers show, if Power Rangers was a hard R. Which makes sense, since a lot of the people on it worked on various incarnations of Power Rangers. I don't know a single person who has seen it who hasn't loved it. Granted, I know like four people who have seen it.
    I saw Ninja on netflix, words can't say how much I hated it and actually prefer Ninja Assassin over it and I didn't like that one much either

Both Ninja Assassin and Ninja sucked ass... Ninja Assassin sucked a bit less but still.

Seriously, see Ninja. Probably wrong place to post this, but best white ninja movie since the original American Ninja. Scott Adkins is pretty incredible, and the whole thing is basically the action of a Power Rangers show, if Power Rangers was a hard R.
    Which makes sense, since a lot of the people on it worked on various
    incarnations of Power Rangers. I don't know a single person who has seen it
    who hasn't loved it. Granted, I know like four people who have seen it.
    "Best White Ninja movie since the original American Ninja?"

Hey, works for me. I saw American Ninja(s) 1-3. I don't remember which of them I liked the best though. Those movies kind of blur together over time.

It doesn't help that I also saw action flicks with Mike Dudikoff and Steve James as solo action heroes. Pretty much if it involved a dude getting kicked in the head, I saw it.

"A hard R Power Rangers?"

Now I HAVE to see this thing.