Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Garth View Post
    Also being discussed, largely with revulsion here: http://forums.comicbookresources.com...rst-X-Men-quot

To summarise - the concept sucks, the story sucks, the dialogue sucks, the art sucks. Hopefully will utterly die on its arse & dissuade Marvel from putting out any more crap like this.
    I agree. They couldn't just leave well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Wait until you see the rest of the trilogy. The prequel to this prequel will be X-men Resurrection when we find out that Jesus was in fact Wolverine who after drinking some special wine at the Last Supper fell into a drunken stupor and while in that stupor was beaten and crucified. He then came out of the stupor 3 days later not knowing where the hell he was and then walked out of the tomb and was like WTF.

The prequel to that prequel and the final act in the trilogy will me X-men Iliad where we find out that prior to his powers manifesting, Wolverine was in fact a young Greek warrior named Achilles. Afer he as presumably killed, he was cremated but his powers manifested and he regenerated his body from his burnt ashes and was found by a young boy named Romulus and they spend the next few years as sworn brothers wondering the world. Now going by the name Remus, they venture to Italy and after a quarrel Remus Wolverine pops his claw for the first time and accidentally kills Romulus. He then founds the city of Rome naming it after Romulus and over time the story gets confused. He then establishes the Roman Empire which lays the foundation for all of Western Civilization. What a guy.
    You forgot about the reason why Remus Wolverine popped his claws. He found Romulus "training" a young Asian/Black/ethnic minority girl with red hair, he rather fancied. Remus Wolverine, a day earlier had given the little girl a doll made of straw and cow dung, to which Remus Wolverine believed married him to her. So Remus Wolverine got jealous and sadly, this caused a schism.

Quote Originally Posted by trajikflp View Post
    You forgot about the reason why Remus Wolverine popped his claws. He found Romulus "training" a young Asian/Black/ethnic minority girl with red hair, he rather fancied. Remus Wolverine, a day earlier had given the little girl a doll made of straw and cow dung, to which Remus Wolverine believed married him to her. So Remus Wolverine got jealous and sadly, this caused a schism.
    Haha, classic.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy Lad View Post
    It came out?
    Yes and interesting enough Marvel (or whoever sends out their books) sent some comic book stores in my too many copies. So many that some stores are giving it out for free. I bought a bunch of back issues of books and got a free copy.

Looking at the responses to this comic I'm really glad I didn't buy it. I was tempted, really tempted. But went for Hawkeye instead, a character I don't care about, especially compared to some people in this mini. Think I may have made the right decision there
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    It means Xavier plagiarized his whole shtick from Logan. He wrote numerous books about peace and harmony right? Did he credit Logan for giving him the ideas? I don't think so.
    Now Xavier is the Gilderoy Lockhart of the X-Men, too.

Pick another pinata, Marvel writers, oh my god :((((

Quote Originally Posted by chetes View Post
    Now Xavier is the Gilderoy Lockhart of the X-Men, too.

Pick another pinata, Marvel writers, oh my god :((((
    Who's that?

If I was on Twitter I would start some kind of #SAVEXAVIER movement.

Just ridiculous. He wasn't this much of a useless jerk when he was made out to be big bad Onslaught. What gives?

That page of Kitty proclaiming "Professor Xavier is a jerk!" must be prominently displayed somewhere in the X-Office.
    Captain Universe is not Monica Rambeau. Monica Rambeau is not in Avengers.

From the other thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Garth View Post
    Pleasantly surprised to see the majority of posters negative on this - I had thought the Adams fans would be all over this. I agree with the points above - I hate the way this is being retconned in X-history, but my main complaint, based on the preview, is that Adams is doing the same crap he gets away with time after time: characters that change size randomly from page to page, weird facial poses, ridiculous anatomy etc. To take a couple of concrete examples - Wolverine's mouth like an ape trying to cope with having 25 extra teeth; he is drawn the size of a Colossus or Thing rather than the small man he is supposed to be; and in the aftermath of the explosion, suddenly his legs are twice the size of his head & torso.
    The chimp-faces-with-plastic-vampire-teeth thing started to make me weary about halfway through, along with Wolverine being the tallest man in the city besides vampire chimp Sabretooth. I'm usually fine with pointless retcons, I don't really care normally, I like The Sentry books a lot and have never cared much about the various Jean retcons, but wowww this sucked.

Am I understanding the posts here and in the other thread correctly, that this somehow makes sense or is enjoyable to "X-Men First Class" movie fans?
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · O5
    Magik—Nightcrawler—Marrow—Elixir—X-23—Iceman—Emma

Honestly I was actually tempted to give it a shot. That's how little Marvel's been impressing me lately.

Sounds like it was bad though. Would give it a shot for free but I would not pay for it now.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i like Gage so i'm going to pretend that this series doesn't exist. and wtf were they thinking with that art?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Eeew. The guy who slaughtered Native Americans and was a Nazi spy encouraged Xavier about unity and tolerance and get his lazy ass out of that wheelchair. Gross.

I think Marvel is overestimating the vocal internets dislike for Cyclops (and Jean) and Logans popularity by making Wolverine the first X-Man. We really need the rolleyes smiley to return if this keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Seriously, who did Xavier piss off in the X-office? It is like there has been a concerted effort to destroy everything the character stood for over the years. I mean not only have they made him a douche in the recent books. Now someone decided to have as a premise for an entire new book, let's go back in time and turn Xavier into a douche whose contribution to the world was stolen from Wolverine, lol.

Someone in a wheelchair ran over Quesadas foot?
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 08-02-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Call me Ollie or OJ OJSlaughter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    I think Marvel is overestimating the vocal internets dislike for Cyclops (and Jean) and Logans popularity by making Wolverine the first X-Man. We really need the rolleyes smiley to return if this keeps up.
    'We are happy to announce 'First X-Men,' it stars Wolverine...'

Wolverine

Arrogant Opinionist

Yeah horrible retcon LOgan shouldnt meet mags and xavior this freakin early i bought it to try it this was lame
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

Quote Originally Posted by OJSlaughter View Post
    'We are happy to announce 'First X-Men,' it stars Wolverine...'

Wolverine

Wolverine is my favorite x-man but i do hate them turning him into x central
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky