Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default All-New X-Men Q&A with Brian Bendis on Marvel.com

Bendis answers the questions you've been asking about All-New X-Men:

http://marvel.com/news/story/19161/m..._all-new_x-men

We’re not getting a version of Jean, we’re getting the real thing.
    Saying it every interview doesn't actually make it true.

Brian Bendis: There’s a line in my script, I think Bobby says it: “We used to remember ‘Days of Future Past’ being this mutant apocalypse, and on some level, other than the Jean Grey School, this is worse than what we thought it was going to be.”
    How do the O5 have any knowledge on what DoFP is? That run didn't happen til after Jean died and none of them were on the team. And so it begins. . . .
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Saying it every interview doesn't actually make it true.
    Agree. Out of the 3 or 4 interviews I've read on the All Old X-Men, this line gets recycled in everyone.

Still a terrible idea.

Retired

I didn't feel even the slightest spark of excitement reading this. It's genuinely depressing.

As X-Men fans you should always remember that the X-Men are about acceptance and tolerance. I know that this idea is scary, but embrace Professor Xs ideas and be a bit more accepting and tolerant of the ideaand stop yelling at me. [Laughs].
    Not scary, just bad and done to death. See New Mutants: Truth or Death, the current arc on New Mutants, Future Franklin and Valeria in Fantastic Four, etc.

Better to leave now than people going "Ugh, leave."
    We're saying that now, and it hasn't even started yet. Take the hint BMB.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    How do the O5 have any knowledge on what DoFP is? That run didn't happen til after Jean died and none of them were on the team. And so it begins. . . .
    That was my reaction when this was first announced. What they heck would they know about DoFP.

My X-Men fan level is exactly the same as my levels for Spider-Man and the Avengers. I’ve been reading them religiously and I probably have more issues and trades of X-Men than anything else in my collection.
    What a bunch of BS. He's stated he never read much X-Men before.

As X-Men fans you should always remember that the X-Men are about acceptance and tolerance. I know that this idea is scary, but embrace Professor X’s ideas and be a bit more accepting and tolerant of the idea—and stop yelling at me. [Laughs]
    No, Prof. X's beliefs were about equality for mutants and for them not to be judged simply because they're mutants. I'm judging you based your previous works, most of which I think is crap.

And they were all friggen dead in DoFP. With Xavier! And most superheroes! And the mansion was destroyed. How is that worse than coming back and finding Scott, Beast, Angel (I guess) and Bobby still alive?
    Last edited by Daithi; 08-01-2012 at 12:37 PM.

I miss Gillen already.

"If it aint broke, don't fix it"

I assumed that would be said by adult Bobby, getting a bit of a reality check by seeing his more innocent teen self.
    Captain Universe is not Monica Rambeau. Monica Rambeau is not in Avengers.

Egotistical Meglomaniac TJKernan's Avatar

With all the references to Pleasantville, i really wish he would have gone off and written a sequel to that rather than screw up the X-Men. He seems to have a serious fetish there...
    Bring back my DC! In the meantime, make mine Marvel and Image!

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    And they were all friggen dead in DoFP. With Xavier! How is that worse than coming back and finding Scott, Beast, Angel (I guess) and Bobby still alive?
    And don't forget they are NOT living in concentration camps.

The present state of mutants is in no way shape or form, worse that DoFP. Not. Even. CLOSE.

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Yep. Any doubts I have about maybe getting this? DONE. Will anyone actually edit this guy rather than just let him do anything he wants?
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    That was my reaction when this was first announced. What they heck would they know about DoFP.
    I am guessing (hoping) that he meant present-day Bobby. Or am I giving him too much credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I am guessing (hoping) that he meant present-day Bobby. Or am I giving him too much credit?
    Even if it's Adult Bobby, what does he know about DoFP anyway? Kitty knows more. Friggen Capt Britain knows more!

They're not living in concentration camps. Sentinels don't rule the world. They're not being chased by Hounds. Most mutants (and superheroes, DoFP wasn't just mutants) are alive.