Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Silly beyond belief Sillia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    354

    Default

    It always bugs me when writers read some sort of physics concept, then only apply it selectively while conveniently ignoring the other cases where it should apply. Trying to use the square-cube law to explain a malfunctioning rocket pack when you ignore giant growing woman and spider-man right there just made me facepalm.

    --S

  2. #32
    Senior Member Darthfury78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    LOL, I'd buy that in a minute. Those spider pheromones should work for Pete! And what did he really whisper?
    "It's twelve, Boo."
    I thought that he whisper to Carol that he thought that she and Jessica Drew were an item?

  3. #33
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillia View Post
    It always bugs me when writers read some sort of physics concept, then only apply it selectively while conveniently ignoring the other cases where it should apply. Trying to use the square-cube law to explain a malfunctioning rocket pack when you ignore giant growing woman and spider-man right there just made me facepalm.

    --S
    Conversely seeing that in the preview made me smile. "Square Cube Law!" I said to my lonesome.

  4. #34
    Like a boss E. Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillia View Post
    It always bugs me when writers read some sort of physics concept, then only apply it selectively while conveniently ignoring the other cases where it should apply. Trying to use the square-cube law to explain a malfunctioning rocket pack when you ignore giant growing woman and spider-man right there just made me facepalm.

    --S
    Since Robyn is a robot, couldn't her internal mechanics be hypothetically strong enough to support 8x mass?

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Enjoyed this 2 part arc (maybe 3, since Peter hangs with Aunt May next issue?). I enjoy Avenging a lot more than Amazing these days. This is just a fun little book. Hopefully when Yost takes over it keeps the same "team-up" concept with shorter arcs?

  6. #36
    Silly beyond belief Sillia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Since Robyn is a robot, couldn't her internal mechanics be hypothetically strong enough to support 8x mass?
    Only if she was severely limiting her strength when she is human sized (which makes no sense at all - what reason would a runaway robot that wants to destroy a bank have to hold back?). Also, the "proportionate strength" of a spider is entirely because of the square-cube law as well. Spider-Man himself is a walking contradiction that the mentioning shines a pretty bright spotlight on.

    The more you have to find an explanation, the less sense it makes. Why would a bank spend a ridiculous amount of money to build a super strong, size-changing robot to infiltrate the occupy wall street movement? It'd make plenty of sense if it was a defense contractor whose project went haywire. But... a bank? Really?

    --S

  7. #37
    Like a boss E. Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillia View Post
    The more you have to find an explanation, the less sense it makes. Why would a bank spend a ridiculous amount of money to build a super strong, size-changing robot to infiltrate the occupy wall street movement? It'd make plenty of sense if it was a defense contractor whose project went haywire. But... a bank? Really?

    --S
    The bank was formerly known as "Mendel Stromm Savings and Loan". We already established that.

  8. #38
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Have you seen the shit banks do with money in real life? Let alone the Marvel U, building a Bio-mechanical AI to infiltrate some upset kids isn't even close to the worst way to spend money. I mean hell JJJ spent millions making super villains to bug Spider-Man.

  9. #39
    Junior Member psynetrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Spider-Man and Captain Marvel are such a fun pair. He's funny, she rocks; he's smart, she rocks; he's kinda cute, she rocks. I had much fun with this team-up and want to see more of these two.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoverASM.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	98517

    .
    Please check my mini-reviews of DC and Marvel comics at:

    http://myhumblereview.blogspot.com

    Comments and feedback are always welcome!

  10. #40
    Like a boss E. Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    There are three people in that picture, not two. =P

  11. #41
    Jabbroni albone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psynetrix View Post
    Spider-Man and Captain Marvel are such a fun pair. He's funny, she rocks; he's smart, she rocks; he's kinda cute, she rocks. I had much fun with this team-up and want to see more of these two.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoverASM.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	98517

    .
    I agree! Maybe squeeze Spider-Woman in there too?
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

  12. #42
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Week late, but wanted to say I really liked this issue.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •