Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It always bugs me when writers read some sort of physics concept, then only apply it selectively while conveniently ignoring the other cases where it should apply. Trying to use the square-cube law to explain a malfunctioning rocket pack when you ignore giant growing woman and spider-man right there just made me facepalm.

--S

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    LOL, I'd buy that in a minute. Those spider pheromones should work for Pete! And what did he really whisper?
    "It's twelve, Boo."
    I thought that he whisper to Carol that he thought that she and Jessica Drew were an item?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillia View Post
    It always bugs me when writers read some sort of physics concept, then only apply it selectively while conveniently ignoring the other cases where it should apply. Trying to use the square-cube law to explain a malfunctioning rocket pack when you ignore giant growing woman and spider-man right there just made me facepalm.

--S
    Conversely seeing that in the preview made me smile. "Square Cube Law!" I said to my lonesome.

--S
    Since Robyn is a robot, couldn't her internal mechanics be hypothetically strong enough to support 8x mass?

Enjoyed this 2 part arc (maybe 3, since Peter hangs with Aunt May next issue?). I enjoy Avenging a lot more than Amazing these days. This is just a fun little book. Hopefully when Yost takes over it keeps the same "team-up" concept with shorter arcs?

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Since Robyn is a robot, couldn't her internal mechanics be hypothetically strong enough to support 8x mass?
    Only if she was severely limiting her strength when she is human sized (which makes no sense at all - what reason would a runaway robot that wants to destroy a bank have to hold back?). Also, the "proportionate strength" of a spider is entirely because of the square-cube law as well. Spider-Man himself is a walking contradiction that the mentioning shines a pretty bright spotlight on.

The more you have to find an explanation, the less sense it makes. Why would a bank spend a ridiculous amount of money to build a super strong, size-changing robot to infiltrate the occupy wall street movement? It'd make plenty of sense if it was a defense contractor whose project went haywire. But... a bank? Really?

--S

The more you have to find an explanation, the less sense it makes. Why would a bank spend a ridiculous amount of money to build a super strong, size-changing robot to infiltrate the occupy wall street movement? It'd make plenty of sense if it was a defense contractor whose project went haywire. But... a bank? Really?

--S
    The bank was formerly known as "Mendel Stromm Savings and Loan". We already established that.

Have you seen the shit banks do with money in real life? Let alone the Marvel U, building a Bio-mechanical AI to infiltrate some upset kids isn't even close to the worst way to spend money. I mean hell JJJ spent millions making super villains to bug Spider-Man.

Spider-Man and Captain Marvel are such a fun pair. He's funny, she rocks; he's smart, she rocks; he's kinda cute, she rocks. I had much fun with this team-up and want to see more of these two.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoverASM.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	98517

Please check my mini-reviews of DC and Marvel comics at:

http://myhumblereview.blogspot.com

Comments and feedback are always welcome!

There are three people in that picture, not two. =P

Quote Originally Posted by psynetrix View Post
    Spider-Man and Captain Marvel are such a fun pair. He's funny, she rocks; he's smart, she rocks; he's kinda cute, she rocks. I had much fun with this team-up and want to see more of these two.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoverASM.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	98517

I agree! Maybe squeeze Spider-Woman in there too?
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

BANNED

Week late, but wanted to say I really liked this issue.