Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Great first issue in my opinion. Love the (possible?) nod/insult to the new show Arrow. Very indie comic like in my opinion. Even teared up near the end. Also, does anyone know where I can find this soundtrack to Hawkeye #1, and if any other comic writers/artists are as awesome enough to do this?

You can use Spotify! =) It's got all sorts of cool music, even this. ( 's what I did)

http://www.spotify.com/se/blog/archi...-spotify-here/

Otherwise, youtube+google is your friend

There's been a bunch of other comics that gave a suggested listening. Phonogram I think is like nothing BUT this, and then you have the original Earth X trade had a suggested soundtrack. Just off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni Squirrel View Post
    Really liked the issue. Definitely the Fraction I enjoyed from Iron Fist. I like the small scale feeling of the book, and Clint's character felt spot on.

I always enjoy Aja's art and it suits this story perfectly; my one issue is that Clint almost looks like a clone of Aja's Danny Rand from his time on Iron Fist. Still Fraction's voice and the way Aja handles his movements mostly alleviate the problem.
    I enjoyed the issue and thought the same thing. Clint looked just like Aja's Danny Rand from the Immortal Iron fist series.

I loved this issue. It seems that those that are expressing a strong dislike of it are fans who have very fixed ideas of what a Hawkeye comic should be and that this didn't match THEIR Hawkeye comic meant that it sucked or wasn't true to the character.

Funnily enough, reading through this thread, the Hawkeye comic(s) that those fans envisioned do not appeal to me one bit.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

I liked it a lot, both art and script.
    I don't very much like the idea of Hawkeye being good at using anything as a throwing weapon, we have bullseye for that.

Quote Originally Posted by odde View Post
    I don't very much like the idea of Hawkeye being good at using anything as a throwing weapon, we have bullseye for that.
    I hope they portray him as being decent at it, but he doesn't need to be bullseye. Especially since this books seems like it's going to be more street level, him not being bullseye is another reason for him to actually be challenged. I'm okay with the lack of bow use as long as some time in the near future we have Clint facing down way too many enemies for him to beat and then one of his neighbors runs in and tosses him bow / quiver. Then we have a double spread of Aja showing that there is BIG difference between fighting clint barton and fighting hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    I hope they portray him as being decent at it, but he doesn't need to be bullseye. Especially since this books seems like it's going to be more street level, him not being bullseye is another reason for him to actually be challenged. I'm okay with the lack of bow use as long as some time in the near future we have Clint facing down way too many enemies for him to beat and then one of his neighbors runs in and tosses him bow / quiver. Then we have a double spread of Aja showing that there is BIG difference between fighting clint barton and fighting hawkeye.
    Clint has to be more than just his bow if he is going to face anything besides guys with guns. On his own he is the main target he can't get his shots in while the bad guys are focusing on other avengers. He has to face abad guys up close and hand to hand on his own so he is going to have to showcase skills beyond being just a great shot.

you can certainly work in the bow often but he is going to need to be the capable fighter he has shown himself to be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    Clint has to be more than just his bow if he is going to face anything besides guys with guns. On his own he is the main target he can't get his shots in while the bad guys are focusing on other avengers. He has to face abad guys up close and hand to hand on his own so he is going to have to showcase skills beyond being just a great shot.

you can certainly work in the bow often but he is going to need to be the capable fighter he has shown himself to be as well.
    Oh he's definitely more than his bow. Really based off of his time as Ronin, Clint should stomp any set of generic bad guys, but I can understand why they're playing his h2h skills down, given this setting. But when a real threat comes up I hope he uses his bow, as it should be what he's most dangerous with.

I'm just saying there's a difference between being able to pick anything up and use it as a weapon (Hawkeye) and being able to pick up anything and use it as a weapon with 100% pinpoint accuracy (Bullseye), and that as far as threat level goes, Clint without a bow should be a fair few notches below Clint with a bow.

I thought it was great. This is exactly what I want in a comic. A very human book. I am looking for story. I am not always looking for "superheroics"... sometimes the word even bores me to tears. I want a human hero, which is what Hawkeye is, just a guy with some skills and training (extraordinary skills to be sure, but just skills nonetheless) trying to live his life.

reading this episode makes me wanna see a Hawkeye tv series, the street setting and lack of super cosmic stuff (at least so far) would make it possible to do it on a relatively small budget, also, with the avengers movies, it would be great to have a tie-in to see on tv!

reading this episode makes me wanna see a Hawkeye tv series, the street setting and lack of super cosmic stuff (at least so far) would make it possible to do it on a relatively small budget, also, with the avengers movies, it would be great to have a tie-in to see on tv!

Given the upcoming Arrow series I doubt another network would do the exact same type of hero.

i think some people miss the point that he couldn't really do much against the goons because he's still recovering from being thrown off the building

Quote Originally Posted by spursevere View Post
    i think some people miss the point that he couldn't really do much against the goons because he's still recovering from being thrown off the building
    Was about to chime in with the exact same thing! He just spent six weeks in a wheelchair, it's understandable that he wouldn't be at full strength yet.

I loved this issue! It had vibes of the previous Fraction/Aja Iron Fist but, due to the outstanding pacing and use of fractured timeline/panel symmetry, quickly becomes its own book. The bit with the playing card was also neat - notice that Clint focuses on stiffening up the cards as he shuffles so he can throw them easier. Also neat that he essentially steals Bullseye's schtick after Bullseye stole his a couple years ago during Dark Reign.

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Well the fact that he failed to break the bottle on the roof shows he's not Bullseye, which I like. He won't be Bullseye level defying physics and stuff, but the worlds greatest marksman surely has skills besides just a bow.

I listened to Gillen's podcast (which I highly recommend btw) where Fraction says that he intends to show Clint as more than just the arrow guy because once you have arrows as his only skill it limits him. You can't do a story where Clint is just on the subway and happens to stop a crime. Its not like he can just waltz onto a train with his compound bow and a thigh quiver.

Ultimate Hawkeye does have those skills.

It seems 616 Hawkeye is becoming more like Ultimate Hawkeye by the minute. First his appearance and now also his skill set