Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I have not read it, please tell me with a x 23 until all the okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Only reason I say that is that she really doesn't have much of a purpose to the overall team. She helped Striker come out...and that's kinda it. She doesn't seem to have her own story arc right now and seems to tag along with what Striker is doing. Hell, I think she prevents Striker from interacting with the other kids. Just saying, don't notice her having any relevance at the moment.

White Tiger I'm giving a pass because they are still establishing her. We got her backstory and we even saw her go crazy. That at least adds mystery to her.
    I think her point is to be an example. She's been a superhero for years, since before she even hit puberty. She fought in an intergalactic war. She actually killed someone in a fight. She's probably lost track of how often she's nearly died. But she's still very well-adjusted.

So she can help keep the other kids balanced.

Anyway, none of the Power Pack kids are going to die for at least 20 more years, when writers who don't remember the '80s start taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolento View Post
    She's still alive. But her healing factor is currently disabled.

Quite loved this issue. Good work Gage!

Will *gasp* Striker save the day? Who of us saw this coming? Also is Finesse becoming more in tune with her emotions?
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Will *gasp* Striker save the day? Who of us saw this coming? Also is Finesse becoming more in tune with her emotions?
    You know, is that plot point about one of Striker's future bodies being brought back to the past and dying still on the tables? Not saying I want Striker to die, but that's a plot line I forgot about.

Well, he needs to grow that thin mustache and goatee first

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    She's still alive. But her healing factor is currently disabled.
    I wonder if they will remember that without the healing factor her claws are poisoning her?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I wonder if they will remember that without the healing factor her claws are poisoning her?
    Yes. Jeremy flat-out said she'll get adamantium poisoning without her healing factor. However, considering Wolverine was able to last weeks without a healing factor at one point (Sinister had turned off all mutant powers) when his entire skeleton was lined with it, and was at least able to last a couple days without his healing factor when captured on Genosha, I don't think her six claws will do much to Laura in the timeframe of this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    Yes. Jeremy flat-out said she'll get adamantium poisoning without her healing factor. However, considering Wolverine was able to last weeks without a healing factor at one point (Sinister had turned off all mutant powers) when his entire skeleton was lined with it, and was at least able to last a couple days without his healing factor when captured on Genosha, I don't think her six claws will do much to Laura in the timeframe of this arc.
    Yeah, but getting attacked by Big Zero plus the poisoning probably put her down for a while, or at least until Finesse and/or Stryker can lead a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Yeah, but getting attacked by Big Zero plus the poisoning probably put her down for a while, or at least until Finesse and/or Stryker can lead a comeback.
    Nah. The poisoning shouldn't affect her in the timeframe of this story, unless it takes place over at least a few days. And she wasn't really attacked hard enough by Big Zero to do any serious damage. Plus, she's an expert assassin. She's trained to ignore pain. So she should be fine to keep going for a while, once she recovers from the explosion and fall.

Considering no one talks about Penance except me, I'm going to assume it's safe to say no one's brought this up, but...

Oh geez, think about the far-reaching consequences of this mandatory "cure" for all of mutantkind!! It's No More Mutants, forever! This guy's gotta be stopped! :P

Of course, Penance/Hollow would actually have a chance to be normal... that would be amazing. :o

BANNED

I think Hazmat might die. Reason? Look at the issue with Santa Pym. After Reptil changes things, Hazmat stops appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolento View Post
    After skimreading someone's copy found the whole issue to be fantastic! Looks like she is dying of adamantium poisoning thanks to Briggs. After Googling the issue don't recall this scene with her
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6976567_savageland.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	98355
    found here:
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/jeanne-foucault
    so I may have to beg, borrow, or buy a copy to see if Brainchild hurt her too...

Not sure how Finesse crashes 'em all by cutting a wire either...

Things should get better now that Jocasta's logic circuits are thankfully working properly again. :)

BANNED

Yeah, I'm very certain that Hazmat is going to be the one who has the big thing happen to and Mettle has to live with the consequences.

My bet.

EDIT: I'm almost wondering if the Football game is going to be a flashback or not.

EDIT EDIT: You know, if an Avengers Academy student dies, do they get a statue at Avengers Mansion?
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 08-04-2012 at 04:16 PM.