Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    WWH hulks prime driver was Stark kidnapping Hulk and expecting it to work, even when tolkld is would not, As Namor said the Hulk Came back as he aways f does and he came back mad.
    The Hulk's prime drive was Miek blowing up his planet and killing his wife. Which Miek cleverly blamed on the Illuminati who had nothing to do with it.

The CW would not be have been half as bad idf Tony had at least tried to act withing the bounds of morality and Law while enforcing an evil law that is hard but not impossible.
    It is extremely inconsistant from book to book. Stark's position in Civil War was the only sane one, which some writers like JMS chose to portray as naziesque for some weird reason.

Dark Reign comes directly from Tony fighting with the government to be able to use Super-villians to hunt Heroes. Without that action from him and Reed there would have been no Dark Riegn
    Whatever... It wasn't Stark that oppointed Osborn king of the world.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

World War Hulk is a really weird one...

The story of Planet Hulk was that the Illuminati needed to deal with the Hulk. He was not curable, not containable, probably not killable (which they didn't want to do anyway) and he kept on killing bunches of people every time he clobbered an enemy with a building or whatever. So they exiled him.

The story of World War Hulk was that the Hulk, who had never hurt a fly in his life, had been exiled by those dastardly Illuminati for no reason at all.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    World War Hulk is a really weird one...

The story of Planet Hulk was that the Illuminati needed to deal with the Hulk. He was not curable, not containable, probably not killable (which they didn't want to do anyway) and he kept on killing bunches of people every time he clobbered an enemy with a building or whatever. So they exiled him.

The story of World War Hulk was that the Hulk, who had never hurt a fly in his life, had been exiled by those dastardly Illuminati for no reason at all.
    I agree, I think Marvel might want to hire someone to edit books they don't seem to have anyone doing that now
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by MrStytch
    Tony's not responsible for the Dark Reign. That was [fixed }Quesada and BENDIS {fixed ].
    Can't wait for them to finally Retcon Age-of-Bendis and fix the mess that's been happening from Disassembled to Siege. We did get 2 good things out of Siege though, Tony in an old junk armor hacking Goblins Patriot suit and the death of the Sentry....too bad he had to bone Rouge before he left the building.

The Hulk's prime drive was Miek blowing up his planet and killing his wife. Which Miek cleverly blamed on the Illuminati who had nothing to do with it.
    Hulk woud never have been there if The Illuminati had not kidnapped him then ignored what happened to him like he was a piece of garbage
    It is extremely inconsistant from book to book. Stark's position in Civil War was the only sane one, which some writers like JMS chose to portray as naziesque for some weird reason.
    sane only if you consider the US Constitution toilet paper and human rights disposable.
    Whatever... It wasn't Stark that oppointed Osborn king of the world.
    Stark just got him out of jail and provided an army. If Osborn was in jail like he was until Stark got him out then there would have been no Dark Reign. Stark was the idiot that thought getting villains to Hunt down heroes was a good idea.

Stark just got him out of jail and provided an army. If Osborn was in jail like he was until Stark got him out then there would have been no Dark Reign.

Marvel needs to Retcon Age-of-Bendis, its been DREADFUL. Goblin even in the Ironman Patriot suit ever being a threat to Tony Stark was a laughably pathetic story. Ironman has a few top class stories over the yeas, Demon in a Bottle, the Knauf and Busiek run, Extremis, Armor Wars.
    Ironman has some good stories in the past ten years but mostly in recent years it was just monkeys in front of a type writers blowing stuff up so people like Stark can act totally out of character and 'cool' characters like Jessica Jones, Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, Sentry etc can all hang out in the Avengers mansion and have really interesting conversations

Hulk woud never have been there if The Illuminati had not kidnapped him then ignored what happened to him like he was a piece of garbage
    That isn't really relevant.

sane only if you consider the US Constitution toilet paper and human rights disposable.
    The version of the US constitution they use in the Marvel Universe likely has an amendment or two or three dealing with the rights of people who shoot lasers out of their eyes or mind-control every single elected official at the same time.

I agree, I think Marvel might want to hire someone to edit books they don't seem to have anyone doing that now
    A lot of this applies to the many supposed crimes of Tony Stark as well. It seems really weird to keep on blaming him for the occasional spoot of bad writing.

A lot of this applies to the many supposed crimes of Tony Stark as well. It seems really weird to keep on blaming him for the occasional spot of bad writing.
    Since IMO he was nothing but a villain in any of the CW books I find that hard to do.

I guess that depends on whether you think some people should not have basic human rights and should be treated a chattle (weapons) instead of being treated as people

Since IMO he was nothing but a villain in any of the CW books I find that hard to do.

I guess that depends on whether you think some people should not have basic human rights and should be treated a chattle (weapons) instead of being treated as people
    Iron Man by JMS

Iron Man by Millar

One of them has to be a Skrull.

By the way, what do you normally do in America with people who can kill a thousand people per second just by thinking about it?
    Last edited by carabas; 08-01-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Iron Man by JMS

Iron Man by Millar

One of them has to be a Skrull.
    Or a liar, Planet Hulk proved that honesty is not something Stark values
    By the way, what do you normally do in America with people who can kill a thousand people per second just by thinking about it?
    we call the Submarine commanders and pay them very well with great benefits. Others work at the CDC and get paid even better.

We

Or a liar
    Eh, he's talking to the same guy in both panels. That's Peter Parker, Spider-Man.

we call the Submarine commanders and pay them very well with great benefits. Others work at the CDC and get paid even better.
    Very funny, but I seem to notice that whenever anybody asks you this question, you dodge or ignore it.

What does America you do with a bunch of random, untrained civilians who can kill hundreds or thousands of people per minute, and don't even need any fancy equipment to do it, just their brains, eyes, or bare hands.

I'm just guessing here, but I bet mikekerrIII has been quite upset by the fact that the Iron Man movies, along with Avengers have been so much more popular than any X movie. Probably keeps him up at night. Venting continuously about how evil Stark and the Avengers are and how wonderful the X-Men are, its all he's got.

Well, I will put it simply, for me at least:

*Avengers Disassembled: Wanda and Doom if you believe him in CC.

*House of M: Pietro. He manipulated his insane sister because he is too obsessed with her

*Decimation: Wanda and Magneto. It was Magneto attacking Pietro who puts Wanda on the edge and saying those unlucky words.

*Planet Hulk: The Illuminati and SHIELD, specially Maria Hill. She went to Stark with an information and then the Illuminati didn't confirm anything.

*Civil War: Walter Declun, Nitro and the pathologically and ungrateful Civilians of the Marvel Universe.

*World War Hulk: Miek. One had to be cinicall to blame anyone except this pathetic alien.

*Secret Invasion: The Skrulls and Wanda. Yes, I put her because the great path for the invasion was depowering all the mutants.

*Dark Reign: Again the stupidity of the Marvel Civilians.

*Siege: Loki. He manipulated Osborn and anyone to his whims, well except Doom because he is Doom.

*Fear Itself: Odin and Sin. I don't think there should be a discussion in this one.

*X-Men VS Avengers: Both Scott Summers and Steve Rogers. They lack the dialogue part. Only allow they egos and browling about whose dick is bigger.

Eh, he's talking to the same guy in both panels. That's Peter Parker, Spider-Man.
    I didn't say he was a good liar. He apprrenely is at c good at lying is a he is a computer security
    Very funny, but I seem to notice that whenever anybody asks you this question, you dodge or ignore it.
    Not funny a simple fact

What does America you do with a bunch of random, untrained civilians who can kill hundreds or thousands of people per minute, and don't even need any fancy equipment to do it, just their brains, eyes, or bare hands.[/QUOTE] What does that have to do with people like Gorilla Girl, Cloud 9, Luke Cage or Amadeus Cho? Who in the books did Stark go after that was capable of killing thousands or hundreds of people per minute? The folks who were capable of doing that got free passes from Stark.

Why would working for the scum-bags that run the government in the MU make anyone safer? Did you see who they had "training" them
    Last edited by mikekerrIII; 08-01-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Why would working for the scum-bags that run the government in the MU make anyone safer??
    Like say for example, Cyclops, who is doing a bang up job trying to control the whole planet and if you disagree, you are toast. What a role model.
    Last edited by gforce99; 08-01-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: quotes