Default World of Warcraft and/or MMORPG Withdrawal

Oddly, I don't see any threads for WOW here, so I suppose this will be its own thread. I had to take a step back from World of Warcraft because it was taking up all my time (and, at the moment, I can't afford it very well, so this is a good time to take a break from it).

Anyone else play WOW? Alternately, has anyone else had to take a break from a MMORPG for similar reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    Oddly, I don't see any threads for WOW here, so I suppose this will be its own thread. I had to take a step back from World of Warcraft because it was taking up all my time (and, at the moment, I can't afford it very well, so this is a good time to take a break from it).

Anyone else play WOW? Alternately, has anyone else had to take a break from a MMORPG for similar reasons?
    I only take breaks when I am burned out and something new and shiny shows up. I don't play to excess. I play about 45 mins a day except for Fridays where I play from 8pm to 4am. I'm married with child so I don't play while my kid is awake.

Its all about moderation because in the end you are just sitting in a chair pushing the 1 2 3 & 4 key over and over again for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeskies View Post
    I only take breaks when I am burned out and something new and shiny shows up. I don't play to excess. I play about 45 mins a day except for Fridays where I play from 8pm to 4am. I'm married with child so I don't play while my kid is awake.

Its all about moderation because in the end you are just sitting in a chair pushing the 1 2 3 & 4 key over and over again for hours.
    Absolutely. I've pondered some sort of daily time limit for when I return -- or perhaps a weekly one, in which I'd have, say, seven hours a week to spread out how I wish, like an hour per day, or a couple of hours a few times a week, or the like.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

I played WoW from Vanilla to the Firelands expansion.

Played Rifts for about a year.

The Old Republic for several months.

On every single one of those games I mained a healer. Because healing is awesome.

It's the only thing I really miss about MMO's. PvP healing is an amazing thing because someone else...another person.....a human being is trying to accomplish something. The something in this case being "make that green bar empty" but they can't. They hit their buttons....wiggle the mouse....and it's all futile.

Thanks to me. I literally make the actions of another human meaningless. Once you start to enjoy that it's hard to let go of.

On ToR my first character was a sith healer....second was an operative healer....third was a bounty hunter healer.

God I miss healing.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and I have recently taken a 4-5 month break because I wanted to get away from it. To try other MMO's but now I'm back into WoW but mainly just for PvP which allows me to play by my work schedule and not someone elses for 3-4 hours. Also SW:ToR is going F2P
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

I've played Wow since the beta and I've only now recently taken a break and that is mostly due to my guild taking a break from raiding since April. I've already go MoP pre-ordered and I'll probably go back to playing WoW when 5.0 hits just so I'm totally lost with the new talent changes in MoP.

That said a friend of mine recently got me into playing Star Trek online and its interesting. I gave it a few hours at first and was bored but my friend kept badgering me to give it another shot and I've been playing it for a few hours every day ever since. It's also at the very awesome price of free. Also its not the kind of F2P where if you don't fork over cash you can't get the best of everything. You can it just take a really long time. As it is im currently working my way to earning myself a capital ship.

I might go back to ToR since its going F2P in november but from what I've seen of their list of stuff you can do with the F2P model I might pass. Since apparently in their F2P model dungeons and pvp is limited to a certain number of matches you can que up for in a week. =/

Took 6 months off towards the end of Firelands to give TOR a try, then went back to WoW to run Dragonsoul, going to give Mists a try if for no other reason that it'll be the first time I've not had to come in late to an expansion(basic training, Iraq, and Afghanistan all managed to coincide right smack during new expansion releases). Been playing since 2005.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-01-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Played wow for 6 years, 3 of them in a hardcoreish raid guild that for 2 years got horde firsts on every boss in the game, normal and hardmode. After 2 years of being office in the guild explaining raid strats, tweaking them, logging on at a certain time 4 days a week for 4 hours a night (minimum), doing recruitment, picking raid groups, me and my 7 or so best buddies in the guild got horrificly burnt out somewhere around hardmode nef progression, we stuck around to see the firelands content, then quit. With us gone the guild sort of fell apart and none of us came back for more than the free 2 weeks blizzard offered. Most of the guys are playing league of legends and diablo 3 now.
    I also had a kid in there, when he was around 6 months and starting doing more than sleeping and rolling, and i was in my last semester of university, decided it would be a great time to quit.
    If anyone has problems quiting, i heartily encourage you too get in a really hardcore raid guild, try to get an officer spot, you will burn yourself out soon enough.

Speaking of wow, i played it a bit this week.

Mostly because in this part of the world i live in we currently are experiencing one of the most rainy summer in history but also, you know, haven't played in years, what's new ? what's up ? And also of course because i tried Star Trek Online first and that the bitch dared to crash 5 times in less than one hour, which seriously pissed me off.

And that's fun. Well, at least from my extremely casual player point of view.

Good game.

I signed up for some contest blizzard was doing for a MoP beta key, and for some reason tehy sent me two.
    So, if anyone wants it, first person to pm me gets it.
    I haven't had an active account for so long it's taken me ages to even download, but i made a panda, he's fluffy.
    Oh, and when i give you the code, im giving you two because i forget which one i used.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I signed up for some contest blizzard was doing for a MoP beta key, and for some reason tehy sent me two.
    So, if anyone wants it, first person to pm me gets it.
    I haven't had an active account for so long it's taken me ages to even download, but i made a panda, he's fluffy.
    Oh, and when i give you the code, im giving you two because i forget which one i used.
    I have gotten like 6 of them. I've already played the beta several times, but they keep popping up in my email.. I'm at the point where I'm deleting them.
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6