Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks for the info PAD, the next few issues of X-factor are sure to be exciting ones.

BANNED

X-Factor would side with the Avengers, except, of course, they're attacking them.

Oh man, I hope the New Mutants appear. I'd even be cool with Dani, Doug, Magma and Nate Grey's torso sticking around.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et aot 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

BANNED

Ugh, Keep the New Mutants away. They are DEATH! Anyway, i love that this title is such a throw back to the 90's of X-Force, Excalibur and X-Factor in so many ways. It's my FAVORITE book because I get so many great characters who we don't get to see and I don't have to bother with Wolverine/Cyclops/Etc.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Oh man, I hope the New Mutants appear. I'd even be cool with Dani, Doug, Magma and Nate Grey's torso sticking around.
    As Doug is now, I don't want him in the book, but PAD is the only person I trust to salvage him at this point. He wrote a story in one of the New Mutants annuals where Rahne goes to visit Doug's grave and he watches on as a ghost. Magma would also be a fine addition, and if Monet were to leave, Dani is the only possible substitute I'd accept. Even then, she's but a shadow of M.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

I read Peter David's current run up to issue 30. It was good. Not my favorite group of character but Peter's work on this book has been consistent. Meet the guy once at a small sci-fi/fantasy convention back in 2001 he was the head liner. Class act it was a shame the lesser known authors couldn't follow his example.
    When ambition ends, happiness begins. Thomas Merton

Is X-factor any good right now? I've never read it, but this interview has kindve gotten me interested in it. Would now be a good time to jump in?
    "Ready When You Are" - Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I love how well he clearly knows the characters, to be able to give such valid answers to all of these questions. He knows who they are, what drives them, and I'm guessing how they'd act in any given situation.
    THIS
    and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    It's my FAVORITE book because I get so many great characters who we don't get to see and I don't have to bother with Wolverine/Cyclops/Etc.
    THIS!

1. What interests you in Lorna as a character?

Strong Guy's soulless existence will continue to be explored in future issues of "X-Factor"
    Cover art by David Yardin
    Honestly, Justin, one of the big reasons is that, due to multiple writers all having their own take on her, her character has been kind of all over the place for years now. I consider that kind of character to be a challenge: to look at all that's been done and see if there's a way to weave it all together so that the next developments with her seem organic and reasonable, rather than just deciding to zig where the previous writer zagged. We should be seeing character evolution, not a progression that seems like it was spawned by the Monty Python argument clinic ("She's Magneto's daughter!" "No, she's not." "Yes, she is! He said so!" "It was an android." "Was not!"

2. Given the Avengers and the X-Men are now merging, will we see more Avengers characters like Quicksilver with prior links to X-Factor showing up?

It would certainly seem that an appearance by Pietro would be inevitable, but only if I can make it seem a natural development rather than, "We've got Quicksilver for an issue!"
    This is gold. I'm really impressed.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nsiops View Post
    Is X-factor any good right now? I've never read it, but this interview has kindve gotten me interested in it. Would now be a good time to jump in?
    X-factor is always pretty good. The latest couple of issues have been one-shot character study type deals, so yes, good time to start.

I love the PAD interviews! Favourite quote:
    "I've known a few people in my life, AG, who I truly believe are devoid of compassion, caring and social graces. I pretty much based him on them."

PAD remains one of the most consistent X-writers in addition to having one of the longest tenures at Marvel. It's nice to have a book like X-Factor that deals with characters you don't see too often in the other X-books. This way we know they're not forgotten and are written well under PAD's pen. But given the recent revelation that Havok will be part of the Uncanny Avengers cast, I would be very surprised if he and Polaris don't break up at this point. It seems to have been brewing for a while now. Now I like the Polaris/Havok relationship, but I won't be completely put off by them breaking up so long as it's done right. And usually PAD is good at doing these sorts of character moments right. So I have high hopes for X-Factor and the changes ahead.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    I think they had casual XSE.
    I desperately need a way to "like" or "+1" this.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

I wonder if Monet will leave.
    After whatever shenanigans are going to take place betwixt her and Guido, maybe she'll call it quits and join up with the Uncanny Avengers.

Remender did say he'd be adding 2 additional cast members, outside of those already revealed, and one of the additions will be a former X-man.
    Hmm.

Also: I LOVE Leonard Kirk's art.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

I can see PAD writing her out but I'd be surprised if anyone requested her. She's just not that big a name. I hope she stays under PAD's pen. No one except Lobdell has written her this well.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

X-Factor is the best comic being published today, by far.