Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    Well, it's not really "finished" any more than 616 or the Ultimate universe are. And for 616, there are thousands and thousands of issues of that universe that could hinder a new reader--and yet somehow they don't... ;)

A "new" Spider-Girl per se would be in yet another universe, which would defeat the purpose of her being the MC-2 one altogether.

Now jumping her to college age, especially if it were by Tom DeFalco, would be cool.
    With regards to a new Spider-Girl, I think that Galina Tsarfin could handle that role quite well. And the sticking point is that she was bio-engineered from the DNA blood samples of Spider-Man and The Black Widow. She could cross over to Earth-616 from her alternate future timeline, as Lyra has done. Here is a link to her history:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Galina_Tsarfin_%28Earth-1078%29

All Marvel has to do is retconned her origin to exclude the 123 kids that she was impregnated with. From there, have her sent into the past on a covert mission to save her future timeline.

Here is a link that talks about her:

http://spidermancrawlspace.com/wwwbo...php?f=4&t=9397

Ah. Yes, she might be interesting but the one I would love to see more of would be the MC-2 May Parker. :)

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    Ah. Yes, she might be interesting but the one I would love to see more of would be the MC-2 May Parker. :)
    I got no problems with MC2 Mayday Parker. Although, what is your impression on the Earth-X Mayday(Venom) Parker?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Although, what is your impression on the Earth-X Mayday(Venom) Parker?
    Well, the whole thing seemed to be rather depressing, especially the whole universe she comes from--not just that things went in various ways in the future, but were revealed to have always been that way (Kurt being Belasco was really the tip of the iceberg). The whole Celestial egg thing, the way the Norse gods were, etc. I found it ickily existentialist... So all of Earth-X was really rather grim for me in the long run once I finished reading it, despite my love of Alex Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphy View Post
    How would you guys feel if they fleshed out the Spider-Family a bit more like the Bat-Family? By that, I mean give each character an on-going series.

Spider-man - Batman
    Spider-girl - Batgirl
    Black Cat - Catwoman
    Venom - ???
    ??? - Red Hood
    Scarlet Spider - Nightwing?
    ??? - Batwoman
    Madame Web - ???
    If I were to follow how you have it set up it would probably go like so;

Amazing Spider-Man = Batman (Main book)
    The Spectacular Spider-Man = Detective Comics
    Avenging Spider-Man = Batman the Dark Knight
    Spider-Girl = Batgirl
    Black Cat = Catwoman
    Venom = Redhood and the Outlaws
    Scarlet Spider = Nightwing
    Spider-Woman = Batwoman
    Jackpot = Batwing
    Web of Spider-Man or Spider-Man & Friends= Batman & Robin (Maybe)
    Madam Web = Birds of Prey or Oracle
    Norman Osborn = Talon (Or any other villain you believe is big enough to have his/her own book)
    Spider-Man Family = Batman Incorporated
    Spider-Man 2099 = Batman Beyond

And since Justice league somehow counts than;
    New Avengers = Justice League

I think if you wanted to go against the Bat Family these would be the following. Or at least that is how I could see it going down. But to me the Batman books there are just too many. And I like only having ASM, Venom, Scarlet Spider and Avenging Spider-Man going on. Not too much to buy. So if Marvel did go this big well...wow is all I could say to that.
    Last edited by atlasjj; 08-04-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    If I were to follow how you have it set up it would probably go like so;

Amazing Spider-Man = Batman (Main book)
    The Spectacular Spider-Man = Detective Comics
    Avenging Spider-Man = Batman the Dark Knight
    Spider-Girl = Batgirl
    Black Cat = Catwoman
    Venom = Redhood and the Outlaws
    Scarlet Spider = Nightwing
    Spider-Woman = Batwoman
    Jackpot = Batwing
    Web of Spider-Man or Spider-Man & Friends= Batman & Robin (Maybe)
    Madam Web = Birds of Prey or Oracle
    Norman Osborn = Talon (Or any other villain you believe is big enough to have his/her own book)
    Spider-Man Family = Batman Incorporated
    Spider-Man 2099 = Batman Beyond

And since Justice league somehow counts than;
    New Avengers = Justice League

I think if you wanted to go against the Bat Family these would be the following. Or at least that is how I could see it going down. But to me the Batman books there are just too many. And I like only having ASM, Venom, Scarlet Spider and Avenging Spider-Man going on. Not too much to buy. So if Marvel did go this big well...wow is all I could say to that.
    There is one more comparison:

Copycat(Vanessa Carlysle)= The Huntress
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-05-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Finally, at least someone mentioned it,SPIDER-MAN 2099. Seriously when is Marvel going to bring out even a one-shot comic for this? The 2099 world was crap though but him as a character is a gem. When Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 meet up,continues to be one of the best in house company crossover. This is when Peter David was at his best. If ever they fit him in the 616 universe, I've always thought that he will fit well with the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    There is one more comparison:

Copycat(Vanessa Carlysle)= The Huntress
    NOooo...she is not a Spider-Character...

*Sigh* next thing I know it, you'll be declaring Rogue, Moonstone, Songbird, Deathcry, Tigra, and Monica Rambeau, Spider-Characters...

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    NOooo...she is not a Spider-Character...

*Sigh* next thing I know it, you'll be declaring Rogue, Moonstone, Songbird, Deathcry, Tigra, and Monica Rambeau, Spider-Characters...
    Well, Monica Rambeau debuted in a Amazing Spider-Man Annual, so....

All Marvel has to do is retconned her origin to exclude the 123 kids that she was impregnated with.
    She was a one page joke character and that was the joke. You want to take away the only real thing she had going for her?

Here is a link that talks about her:

http://spidermancrawlspace.com/wwwbo...php?f=4&t=9397
    You're jlredline, aren't you?
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    She was a one page joke character and that was the joke. You want to take away the only real thing she had going for her?
    Lyra started out as a one page character also. All the initial creator has to do is bring her over to the mainstream MU in the same manner as they have done with Lyra by the way of time travel. And make her related to Spider-Man x Black Widow from the creation of their DNA blood samples respectively. For example, Thundra used the Hulk's DNA sample and combined it with hers to create Lyra. And she has no regrets about what she did.

I think that Galina Tsarfin could be an interesting character as part of the Spider-Family. She might have made for an interesting Spider-Girl if she was used to the fullest extent under a good writer who is passionate about the character and is able to connect her to the reader's interest.

And give her the following costume and you'll get some real interest with the character:

Galina would certainly be of interest to The Black Widow(Natasha Romanoff) who would certainly be her mentor, and eventually establish a mother/daughter bond relationship. So much better than Natasha being a mentor to X-23. But that's just me.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-06-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    I'm optimistic, really, but....I've been hurt before. :P
    I agree. Especially with the Spider-Woman solo series. I think that Jessica's solo book might work better if she is integrated into Spider-Man's world with some of his rogue galleries of villains and allies become a part of her world. Especially with Peter Parker on a mutual friendship level as he has with Carol Danvers. I think that if she is a part of the Spider-Family, Jessica Drew might finally find a voice among the readers. How I would love to see Spidercide vs. Spider-Woman for example. Those are the sort of underused rogue characters that could work with Spider-Woman, in addition to the Prowler.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spidercide_%28comics%29

Quote Originally Posted by DIMO View Post
    Finally, at least someone mentioned it,SPIDER-MAN 2099. Seriously when is Marvel going to bring out even a one-shot comic for this? The 2099 world was crap though but him as a character is a gem. When Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 meet up,continues to be one of the best in house company crossover. This is when Peter David was at his best. If ever they fit him in the 616 universe, I've always thought that he will fit well with the Fantastic Four.
    I'm surprised he hasn't made a comeback considering he's been in two Spidey games now, one written by Dan Slott no less. Still hoping Spider-Men sells well and the sequel has other Spider-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by DIMO View Post
    Didn't they reboot the entire 2099 universe a couple of times...once in Exiles and another in a mini taken place in 2009 ?