Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default AVX COMMENTARY TRACK: Fraction On Issue #7, Plus Bonus Features

After a brief hiatus, the AVX COMMENTARY TRACK returns! Today, writer Matt Fraction joins CBR for some insight into the pivotal pages of issue #7. Plus, our traditional "making of" feature!

Full article here.

BANNED

No mention of Transonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    No mention of Transonic.
    I have a feeling that they worked backwards with 7 and 8. I think they wrote 8 with Namor attacking Wakanda, and then had Fraction set up why. Because of that, Transonic ended up being more of an after thought.

BANNED

all i have to say is........... DAT ART!!!!

Matt Fraction's page of script is missing.

I really can't see Magik being angry towards Scarlet Witch about the M-day incident. Magik has never been the one to be pro-mutant in the same level of Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I really can't see Magik being angry towards Scarlet Witch about the M-day incident. Magik has never been the one to be pro-mutant in the same level of Cyclops.
    I feel the same way. She's always been more of an outsider. She's close to some people, like the New Mutants and her brother, but it's more a personal and familial bond then one of a larger group, like identifying with a community. Really, she's been closer to being a demon then a mutant, for most of her life (lives?). Emma, hell yes. Illyana, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    To my knowledge, Scarlet Witch just erased some mutants' powers while causing no new X-genes to appear right? Even if Magik isn't super pro-mutants, she could have easily been one of those who lost her powers. Also she does have mutant "friends" so I can see how she would be pissed with Scarlet Witch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    all i have to say is........... DAT ART!!!!
    The whole series should have just been Hickman and Coipel. If they can't pump out an issue every 2 weeks, just give them more lead time. This series has been in planning for the last 10 years right?

Quote Originally Posted by Selphy View Post
    To my knowledge, Scarlet Witch just erased some mutants' powers while causing no new X-genes to appear right? Even if Magik isn't super pro-mutants, she could have easily been one of those who lost her powers. Also she does have mutant "friends" so I can see how she would be pissed with Scarlet Witch.
    She was actually dead at the time, I think. Or in a hell dimension. So, it's not really something she experienced. She didn't rejoin the X-Men until the moved out West. Plus, loss of her mutant owers would be a drop in the pond for her. Most of her strength comes from her magical abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    The whole series should have just been Hickman and Coipel. If they can't pump out an issue every 2 weeks, just give them more lead time. This series has been in planning for the last 10 years right?
    I doubt it. I'd say seven, at the most, for the X side. For the Avengers, they probably made the decision sometime last year when they realized they needed an idea for a crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    She was actually dead at the time, I think. Or in a hell dimension. So, it's not really something she experienced. She didn't rejoin the X-Men until the moved out West. Plus, loss of her mutant owers would be a drop in the pond for her. Most of her strength comes from her magical abilities.
    Okay for sure. But if she lost her teleportation powers, would she even be able to go back to limbo where he power really flourishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Selphy View Post
    Okay for sure. But if she lost her teleportation powers, would she even be able to go back to limbo where he power really flourishes?
    She taught Pixie a teleportation spell. So, she could probably replicate the ability using magic. Sort of like how Polaris replicates her powers with Celestial tech. I would say it may lose a bit of its edge, as Pixie's doesn't seem to be at quite that level. But, Magik is far more talented, so that could be a factor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    I doubt it. I'd say seven, at the most, for the X side. For the Avengers, they probably made the decision sometime last year when they realized they needed an idea for a crossover.
    Eh, that's still enough of a lead for a single creative team to get out all twelve issues, right? I mean, from the commentary it sounds like the issues are actually being produced concurrently, so there's just about no way everything could make sense beyond just the basic outline they came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Eh, that's still enough of a lead for a single creative team to get out all twelve issues, right? I mean, from the commentary it sounds like the issues are actually being produced concurrently, so there's just about no way everything could make sense beyond just the basic outline they came up with.
    True. If they made it every three weeks, or just cut it down a couple issues (is twelve really necessary?), they could do it with one team. But, that's with proper planning, which I...well, I don't see a lot of it when it comes to this sort of stuff, tbh.