Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Earth 2 #4 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...th-2-4-preview

Gotta say I'm not a fan of military-esque characters, I find them boring to read and can't really relate to them at all. I hope there isn't too much Atom in this issue and it's mostly Alan / Jay / Hawkgirl.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Veteran Member

Default Earth 2 #4 Preview

The first appearance of Al Pratt as the Atom and I'm already loving its premise.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

The first appearance of Al Pratt as the Atom and I'm already loving its premise.
    Oh My LORD GODDESS!!!
    That was...interesting...to say the very least. I cannot wait!
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Veteran Member

I especially like how Robinson is treating all the Earth 2 characters as uber competent badasses. The Flash is the only one who does'nt fit in that category but it's only because he's supposed to represent the everyman.

Still it's pretty obvious the love and knowledge that Robinson has for these heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post

Gotta say I'm not a fan of military-esque characters, I find them boring to read and can't really relate to them at all. I hope there isn't too much Atom in this issue and it's mostly Alan / Jay / Hawkgirl.
    I love it. The story from Robinson is going great guns. I can't remember the last time he wrote a story I loved this much.

Wish we were getting more of Nicola's art this issue, but Pansica's pencils aren't half-bad. Frankly, I'm simply thrilled at how enjoyable, fast-paced and thrilling Earth 2 has been. I actually love the whole cast of characters! For the first time in my life, I'm a Justice Society fan.

I really love that on Earth 2 they call their heroes "Wonders". It just sounds fantastic.

Great looking preview. Not too sure if I like the look of the soldiers suit things, but whatevs, it'll probably grow on me.

Bored with Post Life Jason456701's Avatar

Looks good cant wait to pick this up the comic has been great so far.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    I love it. The story from Robinson is going great guns. I can't remember the last time he wrote a story I loved this much.

Wish we were getting more of Nicola's art this issue, but Pansica's pencils aren't half-bad. Frankly, I'm simply thrilled at how enjoyable, fast-paced and thrilling Earth 2 has been. I actually love the whole cast of characters! For the first time in my life, I'm a Justice Society fan.
    I did not even realise it wasn't Nicola's art.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    I did not even realise it wasn't Nicola's art.
    Apparently, they split the issue. Not sure how many pages between the two of them. But I'm not complaining. I love Earth 2 and this issue looks to be another solid chapter in what is shaping up to be Robinson's best run on any title in years.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Preview looks great as usual, this book has officially become my favorite team book and the team isn't even assembled yet!
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Great preview. This book continues to be one that I look forward to every month so once again I can't wait.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

This looks amazing. I cannot wait for this. Earth 2 has quickly jumped into my top ten. It's just so crazy damn good!
    Top DC: Wonder Woman
    Top Marvel: X-Men, Hawkeye, All New X-Factor, Ms. Marvel

RIP I, Vampire

Twitter!

A need for a thread merge alert! This thread already exists and has been posting: http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ion-(Spoilers)
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Great preview. This book continues to be one that I look forward to every month so once again I can't wait.
    It just comes across as super heroes with a purpose as a team, as opposed to the current (IMO) squabbling mess of tantrumers over in the JL.
    Pull list:

I'm just wondering who left that huge handprint in the Atom origin page. Looks like someone laid a smackdown on that nuke the Al's platoon was ferrying around.