Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW/Discussion: "Detective Comics" #12

DC Comics has released a preview for "Detective Comics" #12, written and drawn by Tony S. Daniel. The issue goes on sale August 1.

Full article here.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

This is pretty much the same character over in Worlds' Finest right now, but that duo's version is 10X more dangerous.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Does anyone know if this will be the end of a story arc? When vol. 2 of Tec comes out will it include #7-12? I am really wondering if John Layman is starting with a new story arc or if he will be finishing Daniel's work with the 13th issue.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I really like that design for the armored flight suit.

Since when has Alfred started referring to Bruce as 'Batman'?

Quote Originally Posted by dvader View Post
    Does anyone know if this will be the end of a story arc? When vol. 2 of Tec comes out will it include #7-12? I am really wondering if John Layman is starting with a new story arc or if he will be finishing Daniel's work with the 13th issue.
    Yes, this is the end of this arc. #0 is a one and done written by Gregg Hurwitz, and Layman is starting a new arc.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Yes, this is the end of this arc. #0 is a one and done written by Gregg Hurwitz, and Layman is starting a new arc.

Don't forget the annual! That and this issue finally bring Tony's run to a close.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I'm going to wait until #0, but preview-wise, you can't go wrong with Batman with a jetpack.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Don't forget the annual! That and this issue finally bring Tony's run to a close.
    I don't think the annual has anything to do with this arc. It sounds like a done in one story.

I don't think the annual has anything to do with this arc. It sounds like a done in one story.
    *Shrugs* WEll since it was written by him, I figure it would be a part of the arc or at least a story that took place within it at some point.

If anything, it'll just follow up on Black Mask from issue #9 (the Night of the Owls tie in) rather than this current Hugh Marder/Mr. Toxic story.

James Tynion just tweeted that he wrote the back up in this week's issue. Hooray! No more Two Face story.

I believe you're right. Still, it's part of Daniel's tenure on the title and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't included in the second collected edition.

James Tynion just tweeted that he wrote the back up in this week's issue. Hooray! No more Two Face story.
    Yeah, that already ended, didn't it?
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Default Detective Comics issue 12 Back Up Discussion

So in case any of you don't know, the man who has been doing the backups for Batman and has co written Batman Annual 1 with Scott Snyder, and has is also starting a new series called Talon this fall wrote the back up for this issue! And trust me, it is worth buying the issue! I's a death of the family prelude that deals with a rookie cop having to watch over Joker's old face, creepiness ensured...
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

I was really happy to see the backup teasing at the upcoming joker story

overall it was a pretty decent story, definitely the best detective backup yet

if I had one complaint, it would be that I think tynion was trying to make the 'farmer in the dell' story really creepy, and it just came off as kind of silly

all psycho, not enough funny
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks