Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by xheight View Post
    At Last, at last I can look forward to some change. I have no, zero, zilch, nada experience with Gillen's work and Land's photo-ref is already inured with us and Larroca. Yet I am bubbling with relief! Memo to Marvel - building super weapons for your country and world security is not a sin, crime or even something to be ashamed of. Tony and this redemption BS has been a wet noodle so whether the new direction is sci-fi, espionage or even romance drop the whine that Fraction brought to the book from the movie. I n fact the less movie the better.
    When Tony Stark's origin is inevitably moved to more modern times, what are the odds that Stark Industries will have built Predator Drones?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    QFTFT. Movies should never dictate comics.
    bullseye would agree with you.

Damn Iron Man always get photocrap artists. Granov-Larroca-Land. We need some fun back into the look of Iron Man.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

I'm interested in seeing what Gillen does with the book, and what he does with the villains. Land on art though, eh, I'm not happy about that, but I guess I'll wait for some art previews.

Gillen is hugely underrated. And as I can't make heads or tails of last few issues of Fraction's run, I'm looking forward to a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    QFTFT. Movies should never dictate comics.
    Hmm... Land to trace RDJ? Heh.
    Current Pulls:
    Iron Man, Batman, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Daredevil, East of West, Iron Patriot, Mass Effect: Foundation, Moon Knight, New Avengers

Kieron Gillen! Woohoo! :-D

Greg Land....*vomits* Oh well, ya take the bad with the good, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Really annoys me that people will buy this book knowing the artist literally traces. He's a thief.
    I am getting at least the first issue of Iron Man.
    And it being illustrated by Land is a no issue to me,i have never read many comic books illustrated by him,and the few recent stories i read with his art which were from Uncanny X-Men story arcs during the Fear Itself read were quite well illustrated.
    Granted i have not read many stories illustrated by him,the few stories i read were cool in the art department.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

I'll give this a chance, its a bad idea to praise or trash-talk the comicbook before we see what the new team brings forward