Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Ι would love a Golden Age Batman.An urban vigilante in 40s.I would follow Burton's root and not presenting an origin and Batman would be an established crime fighter who cornered Gotham's organised crime.As a first opponent,i would use Hugo Strange as a genius master planner who can challenge Batman's wits and skills.Sort of like Game of Shadows,with Strange as Batman's Professor Moriarty.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Batman and the outsiders.

BANNED

Basically make him like the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes. So he's a detective genius and fights analytically. Use the costumes and cinematic style of Watchmen.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Less realistic themes, like Poison Ivy, Killer Croc stuff like that. Or Scar Face, that would be cool.

I just think, putting someone in a Bat suit and then trying to keep everything realistic is not realistic at all. It just makes Batman look silly. It was the one problem I had with the last set of Batman movies.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

BANNED

Except not everything was realistic. The League of Shadows borderlined on mysticism, Lucius Fox designed unrealistically advanced gadgets a la James Bond, the plots were heightened far beyond reality. They kept the tone grounded, but that's how people were able to from there buy into the unrealistic parts (ie Batman's suit). It's the same approach Donner did with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Except not everything was realistic. The League of Shadows borderlined on mysticism, Lucius Fox designed unrealistically advanced gadgets a la James Bond, the plots were heightened far beyond reality. They kept the tone grounded, but that's how people were able to from there buy into the unrealistic parts (ie Batman's suit). It's the same approach Donner did with Superman.
    Again I said less realistic, Christopher Nolan said at some point (not sure where) that he was going for a more realistic Batman, and would not be using un realistic villains. He wanted them to be humans with weapons. Which is what he did, and I love it. But I did not try to say that the whole film was realistic, I mean come on its a Batman movie. Its just him trying to make it more realistic just seemed a little silly to me. Plus I love the unrealistic villains better. But this is just my opinion.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I want the next Batman films to borrow the detective stuff from those new Sherlock Holmes movies. That's all I know. Because I daresay I want to see film Batman be a detective (Nolan disagreed apparently).
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Again I said less realistic, Christopher Nolan said at some point (not sure where) that he was going for a more realistic Batman, and would not be using un realistic villains. He wanted them to be humans with weapons. Which is what he did, and I love it. But I did not try to say that the whole film was realistic, I mean come on its a Batman movie. Its just him trying to make it more realistic just seemed a little silly to me. Plus I love the unrealistic villains better. But this is just my opinion.
    That's fine, obviously Nolan didn't introduce zaniness or super-powers. But I'm responding to the latter part of your post. The fact that he wore a Batsuit was no more unrealistic than several other aspects of this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by jgiannantoni05 View Post
    I want the next Batman films to borrow the detective stuff from those new Sherlock Holmes movies. That's all I know. Because I daresay I want to see film Batman be a detective (Nolan disagreed apparently).
    He was a detective, the plot just didn't focus on it.

I don't think anyone is going to out-Nolan the Nolan Trilogy, so I'd take Batman the opposite direction away from 'realistic urban commando' and head into 'spooky creature of the night' territory. With strong detective elements and more of a Gothic horror vibe. That's the movie I'd love to see. The Batman movie that Hammer Films would have made in the early 1970s, maybe.

And no ensemble cast of villains, splitting the screen time and thus making sure none of them get any kind of adequate development. I hate that.

That's fine, obviously Nolan didn't introduce zaniness or super-powers. But I'm responding to the latter part of your post. The fact that he wore a Batsuit was no more unrealistic than several other aspects of this universe.
    I get what you are saying, sorry for the mix up. But I just feel in a world that was mostly real. A person who wants to get justice and fight bad guys or whatever would not just see a Bat and make a suit into one. They would just wear a normal looking suit and mask. The less real stuff did not come up really till after he was making the Bat suit I think. (other then the bond type of gadgets) and I guess the League of Shadows can be seen as unrealistic though to....maybe I am just crazy lol XD

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to out-Nolan the Nolan Trilogy, so I'd take Batman the opposite direction away from 'realistic urban commando' and head into 'spooky creature of the night' territory. With strong detective elements and more of a Gothic horror vibe. That's the movie I'd love to see.
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes! This is what I want too lol XD
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

1. Leather gimp masks. Hard, black, sculpted-rubber codpieces. Batarangs ripping blood from punctured orifices. EXTREME.
    2. Batman should have a bat that sits on his shoulder and he talks to it. This would show that he's unstable and not your granddaddy's superhero.
    3. An extended scene of Alfred and Batman smoking opium in the cave and discussing how the city is corrupt and hopeless and how he's the damned, hell-bound soul who has to save it. But, in a shocking scene toward the end of the movie, it's revealed THERE IS NO ALFRED.
    4. When the villain of the movie defeats Batman midway through, and Bruce has to retreat and regroup, he goes up into the mountains to ride horses and spend some time at the Wayne farm. This would be a full half-hour of the movie, with Bruce riding horses and wrestling with dogs in the mud.
    5. Geordi LaForge should make a brief background cameo.

This is a great thread. Awesome thought into the OP and then heaps of great responses.

I'd love to see Harley and Deadshot appear in future movies. Hell, maybe even Hush. Why not. (hahah stirring the pot over here).

But on the point of Harley - I'd hope for the sexy Harley - not the comical jester Harley.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I agree w/ the "no origin" sentiments. I say make the Morrison epic in to a Batman movie trilogy

1st movie - Batman and Son, Final Crisis
    2nd movie - Batman & Robin, Return of Bruce Wayne
    3rd movie - Batman, Inc

if that can all be condensed somehow. Even I left out Black Hand, RIP, etc...
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Motherboy View Post
    1. Leather gimp masks. Hard, black, sculpted-rubber codpieces. Batarangs ripping blood from punctured orifices. EXTREME.
    2. Batman should have a bat that sits on his shoulder and he talks to it. This would show that he's unstable and not your granddaddy's superhero.
    3. An extended scene of Alfred and Batman smoking opium in the cave and discussing how the city is corrupt and hopeless and how he's the damned, hell-bound soul who has to save it. But, in a shocking scene toward the end of the movie, it's revealed THERE IS NO ALFRED.
    4. When the villain of the movie defeats Batman midway through, and Bruce has to retreat and regroup, he goes up into the mountains to ride horses and spend some time at the Wayne farm. This would be a full half-hour of the movie, with Bruce riding horses and wrestling with dogs in the mud.
    5. Geordi LaForge should make a brief background cameo.
    This sounds great! Especially, 3-5.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Basically make him like the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes. So he's a detective genius and fights analytically. Use the costumes and cinematic style of Watchmen.
    Pretty much this.