Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 164
  1. #106
    Hail Hydra Nefarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    3,628

    Default

    Ι would love a Golden Age Batman.An urban vigilante in 40s.I would follow Burton's root and not presenting an origin and Batman would be an established crime fighter who cornered Gotham's organised crime.As a first opponent,i would use Hugo Strange as a genius master planner who can challenge Batman's wits and skills.Sort of like Game of Shadows,with Strange as Batman's Professor Moriarty.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

  2. #107
    A member of the X-men Zak213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ny, Ny
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Batman and the outsiders.

  3. #108
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Basically make him like the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes. So he's a detective genius and fights analytically. Use the costumes and cinematic style of Watchmen.

  4. #109
    Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Encinitas, CA
    Posts
    2,228

    Default

    Less realistic themes, like Poison Ivy, Killer Croc stuff like that. Or Scar Face, that would be cool.

    I just think, putting someone in a Bat suit and then trying to keep everything realistic is not realistic at all. It just makes Batman look silly. It was the one problem I had with the last set of Batman movies.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

  5. #110
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Except not everything was realistic. The League of Shadows borderlined on mysticism, Lucius Fox designed unrealistically advanced gadgets a la James Bond, the plots were heightened far beyond reality. They kept the tone grounded, but that's how people were able to from there buy into the unrealistic parts (ie Batman's suit). It's the same approach Donner did with Superman.

  6. #111
    Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Encinitas, CA
    Posts
    2,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Except not everything was realistic. The League of Shadows borderlined on mysticism, Lucius Fox designed unrealistically advanced gadgets a la James Bond, the plots were heightened far beyond reality. They kept the tone grounded, but that's how people were able to from there buy into the unrealistic parts (ie Batman's suit). It's the same approach Donner did with Superman.
    Again I said less realistic, Christopher Nolan said at some point (not sure where) that he was going for a more realistic Batman, and would not be using un realistic villains. He wanted them to be humans with weapons. Which is what he did, and I love it. But I did not try to say that the whole film was realistic, I mean come on its a Batman movie. Its just him trying to make it more realistic just seemed a little silly to me. Plus I love the unrealistic villains better. But this is just my opinion.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

  7. #112
    Senior Member jgiannantoni05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Arkham, Mass.
    Posts
    3,636

    Default

    I want the next Batman films to borrow the detective stuff from those new Sherlock Holmes movies. That's all I know. Because I daresay I want to see film Batman be a detective (Nolan disagreed apparently).
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

  8. #113
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Again I said less realistic, Christopher Nolan said at some point (not sure where) that he was going for a more realistic Batman, and would not be using un realistic villains. He wanted them to be humans with weapons. Which is what he did, and I love it. But I did not try to say that the whole film was realistic, I mean come on its a Batman movie. Its just him trying to make it more realistic just seemed a little silly to me. Plus I love the unrealistic villains better. But this is just my opinion.
    That's fine, obviously Nolan didn't introduce zaniness or super-powers. But I'm responding to the latter part of your post. The fact that he wore a Batsuit was no more unrealistic than several other aspects of this universe.

    Quote Originally Posted by jgiannantoni05 View Post
    I want the next Batman films to borrow the detective stuff from those new Sherlock Holmes movies. That's all I know. Because I daresay I want to see film Batman be a detective (Nolan disagreed apparently).
    He was a detective, the plot just didn't focus on it.

  9. #114
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,664

    Default

    I don't think anyone is going to out-Nolan the Nolan Trilogy, so I'd take Batman the opposite direction away from 'realistic urban commando' and head into 'spooky creature of the night' territory. With strong detective elements and more of a Gothic horror vibe. That's the movie I'd love to see. The Batman movie that Hammer Films would have made in the early 1970s, maybe.

    And no ensemble cast of villains, splitting the screen time and thus making sure none of them get any kind of adequate development. I hate that.

  10. #115
    Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Encinitas, CA
    Posts
    2,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    That's fine, obviously Nolan didn't introduce zaniness or super-powers. But I'm responding to the latter part of your post. The fact that he wore a Batsuit was no more unrealistic than several other aspects of this universe.
    I get what you are saying, sorry for the mix up. But I just feel in a world that was mostly real. A person who wants to get justice and fight bad guys or whatever would not just see a Bat and make a suit into one. They would just wear a normal looking suit and mask. The less real stuff did not come up really till after he was making the Bat suit I think. (other then the bond type of gadgets) and I guess the League of Shadows can be seen as unrealistic though to....maybe I am just crazy lol XD

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to out-Nolan the Nolan Trilogy, so I'd take Batman the opposite direction away from 'realistic urban commando' and head into 'spooky creature of the night' territory. With strong detective elements and more of a Gothic horror vibe. That's the movie I'd love to see.
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes! This is what I want too lol XD
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

  11. #116
    XXX Motherboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    144

    Default

    1. Leather gimp masks. Hard, black, sculpted-rubber codpieces. Batarangs ripping blood from punctured orifices. EXTREME.
    2. Batman should have a bat that sits on his shoulder and he talks to it. This would show that he's unstable and not your granddaddy's superhero.
    3. An extended scene of Alfred and Batman smoking opium in the cave and discussing how the city is corrupt and hopeless and how he's the damned, hell-bound soul who has to save it. But, in a shocking scene toward the end of the movie, it's revealed THERE IS NO ALFRED.
    4. When the villain of the movie defeats Batman midway through, and Bruce has to retreat and regroup, he goes up into the mountains to ride horses and spend some time at the Wayne farm. This would be a full half-hour of the movie, with Bruce riding horses and wrestling with dogs in the mud.
    5. Geordi LaForge should make a brief background cameo.

  12. #117
    New Member dntfeedthemnkys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, AU
    Posts
    88

    Default

    This is a great thread. Awesome thought into the OP and then heaps of great responses.

    I'd love to see Harley and Deadshot appear in future movies. Hell, maybe even Hush. Why not. (hahah stirring the pot over here).

    But on the point of Harley - I'd hope for the sexy Harley - not the comical jester Harley.

  13. #118
    pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,106

    Default

    I agree w/ the "no origin" sentiments. I say make the Morrison epic in to a Batman movie trilogy

    1st movie - Batman and Son, Final Crisis
    2nd movie - Batman & Robin, Return of Bruce Wayne
    3rd movie - Batman, Inc

    if that can all be condensed somehow. Even I left out Black Hand, RIP, etc...
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

  14. #119
    Blue Boba ABH-1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherboy View Post
    1. Leather gimp masks. Hard, black, sculpted-rubber codpieces. Batarangs ripping blood from punctured orifices. EXTREME.
    2. Batman should have a bat that sits on his shoulder and he talks to it. This would show that he's unstable and not your granddaddy's superhero.
    3. An extended scene of Alfred and Batman smoking opium in the cave and discussing how the city is corrupt and hopeless and how he's the damned, hell-bound soul who has to save it. But, in a shocking scene toward the end of the movie, it's revealed THERE IS NO ALFRED.
    4. When the villain of the movie defeats Batman midway through, and Bruce has to retreat and regroup, he goes up into the mountains to ride horses and spend some time at the Wayne farm. This would be a full half-hour of the movie, with Bruce riding horses and wrestling with dogs in the mud.
    5. Geordi LaForge should make a brief background cameo.
    This sounds great! Especially, 3-5.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

  15. #120
    Senior Member Whip Whirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Basically make him like the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes. So he's a detective genius and fights analytically. Use the costumes and cinematic style of Watchmen.
    Pretty much this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •