Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Fast Food reacts to Chick-Fil-A !

If anyone has been living under a rock the past week or two there is a huge controversy over Chick-Fil-A . The chicken franchise had its owner basically come out and say his restaurant is against gay marriage. Quicker than you can say Jim Henson , Disney yanked the Muppets from being used by the franchise.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_21141034

"The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over fifty years and we have notified Chick-fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors," the Jim Henson Company wrote on its Facebook page on Friday. "Lisa Henson, our CEO, is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A to GLAAD."
    To make it worse as the article details ...sales are dropping quick as people are angry. Very...angry. Chick-Fil-a claimed they dropped the muppets days later , but its clear who ended the partnership there. You usually don't see a franchise lose a popular advertiser like that and not suffer from it. The other fast food places smell blood and now they are moving in for the kill it seems.

Burger King it seems wants to show that it is the "Gay Friendly" company now . Plans include having ads featuring Sir Ian McKellen , Ellen DeGeneres , that dude off White Collar the TV series and that guy who was in the movie Immortals to pitch food. I can not confirm or deny an ad will be "Waking up with the Queen..." but it seems Burger King is making a push folks. A big push.

Of course Burger King is just one company. The next company that eyes the spot to take from Chick-Fil-A is the company , Jack-In- the Box . When told Burger King was moving in this direction , Jack-in- the Box CEO Linda Lang told me , "We can beat that ! They maybe going after the homosexual crowd , we at Jack-In-the Box are going after the transgender crowd and have lined up Chasity Bono !"

Its expected Jack-In-the Box have wanted to be known as the Transgendered burger chain for some time. In fact one ad maybe called "Lets put one trans in , and the bad Trans fat out !"

Of course with burger chains courting those 2 audiences , WHITE CASTLE is countering with going after another crowd. The pot smokers.

Its long been said that White Castle has courted the marijuana audience for years . If this movie can detail that ...

If anything the company seems ready to roll out its newest ad campaign with celebrity pitchmen Cheech and Chong , Willie Nelson , Rob Van Dam and Dave Chappelle. Its expected Nelson will write a song about getting high off some White Castle burgers as well.

Finally at Hardees/Carl Jr's , the company has told me they will continue to target the crowd they have went after for years..... horny young men ! Knowing that young horny men eat a lot of fast food the company is gonna roll out ads with hot near naked women eating burgers for the next few years. The company knows its main demographic and will sell to it.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Supe, Supe, Supe. You blew it with Jack-in-the-Box. Jack-Out-of-the-Closet is so easy it writes itself.

Other than that, good job. I especially liked the Burger Queen.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Supe, Supe, Supe. You blew it with Jack-in-the-Box. Jack-Out-of-the-Closet is so easy it writes itself.

Other than that, good job. I especially liked the Burger Queen.
    Not only that, he totally missed on pointing out that if it wants to prove it's gay friendliness, McDonald's will have to finally confirm what we've known all along, that Ronald and Grimace are a couple.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    Not only that, he totally missed on pointing out that if it wants to prove it's gay friendliness, McDonald's will have to finally confirm what we've known all along, that Ronald and Grimace are a couple.
    Grimace looks like a creature.... that is more McDonald's going after the beastilaty audience...
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Hamburglar and Mayor McCheese.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Hamburglar and Mayor McCheese.
    Birdie the Early Bird and . . . shit, she's the only female McDonaldland character, isn't she?

I'm guessing Grimace is the catcher. Hence the, you know, grimace.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

You know, support it, don't support it, my stance is my own. I just want to know for a nation that holds "FAMILY VALUES" in such high regards why in the hell is the divorce rate so high? Of several couples that got married the same time my wife and I did, we are the only one's still married. If gays/lesbians can't ruin the sanctity of marriage why can straights?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Princess View Post
    I wish they were all this proud and unfettered. Makes them so much easier to avoid in Wal-Mart parking lots.

Nah, too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Ace View Post
    Things like this make me wonder... I enjoy musical theater, purple shirts and read comics about muscular men wrestling each other. Am I living the gay lifestyle while being straight? Should I start pumping iron to counter some of the gayness?
    I'm the same way (a little less with musical theater, but from time to time), and if anything the working out heavily will only add to the stereotype. With few exceptions the gay men I know are in phenomenal shape (though kudos to the chubby ones for coming up with the term "bear" and making that a thing instead of working out all of the time).
    A Fool for the Foom

I live about 3 minutes from chik fil a and if ppl are boycotting them i sure havent seen a difference in my area. We got 3 in town and they all stay packed. Especially during lunch. Drive thru line around the building!

Quote Originally Posted by supamike View Post
    I live about 3 minutes from chik fil a and if ppl are boycotting them i sure havent seen a difference in my area. We got 3 in town and they all stay packed. Especially during lunch. Drive thru line around the building!
    Same here.

I think its much to do about nothing. Sarah Palin is/was against gay marriage too. as well as Mitt Romney.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

I may have experimented with Chick-fil-A a little in college and – while I have nothing against those that pick it as a lifestyle choice – it just isn’t for me.
    New and improved me. Now with a CAPITAL B.

BANNED

I like the muppet Conan O'Brien made for them. Very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Rhoades View Post
    You know, support it, don't support it, my stance is my own. I just want to know for a nation that holds "FAMILY VALUES" in such high regards why in the hell is the divorce rate so high? Of several couples that got married the same time my wife and I did, we are the only one's still married. If gays/lesbians can't ruin the sanctity of marriage why can straights?
    You know the old saying "the first sign of divorce is marriage".

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Same here.

I think its much to do about nothing. Sarah Palin is/was against gay marriage too. as well as Mitt Romney.
    You know who else was against gay marriage??
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/