Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

^^^ I'm not gunna speak on behalf of everyone in comics. This is just my opinion. But I honestly think that Tim was built and created to be batmans robin. Damian just doesn't fit right. And he's also not grasping the whole not killing thing. Which should be a much bigger issue to Bruce than it is imo

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_Kerr View Post
    ^^^ I'm not gunna speak on behalf of everyone in comics. This is just my opinion. But I honestly think that Tim was built and created to be batmans robin. Damian just doesn't fit right. And he's also not grasping the whole not killing thing. Which should be a much bigger issue to Bruce than it is imo
    Yes... I have found that odd. It's like he's just getting timeouts in the corner for killing people...

The only way I could have seen Tim being Robin again is if Damian had been whipped out.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    Yes... I have found that odd. It's like he's just getting timeouts in the corner for killing people...

The only way I could have seen Tim being Robin again is if Damian had been whipped out.
    I'd rather they either kill him off or let dick be Damian's mentor. I understand perfectly how odd that would be for batman to give his son over to someone else and how unlikely that is. But Tim belongs as robin.

I mean when dick told him Damian was the new robin, tim wasn't happy about it. Nor should he be. It's because even at his "age" he still thinks his place is at batmans side. To support batman and keep him grounded. That was Tim's purpose. That's important.

I want it back : / lol

I agree. I remember when Jason Todd was Robin and he killed or was supposed kill Felippe, Batman went nuts seems like Bruce tells Damien, oh we don't do that, and now he seems like he wants tpo kill the other Robins, Dick and Jason. I know Damien was brought up to be an assassin, but let's see some changes other than.. "Oh Father, you are disappointed in me."
    Tim should be Robin, I mean before Flashpoint and Damien being introduced, Tim was adopted by Bruce and it seems they just dropped it and I wanted to see more of Bruce and Tim develop that father/son relationship.
    Last edited by Bo-Man; 07-29-2012 at 04:18 PM.

I'm not sure how old you are and how long you've been reading comic books, but speaking as someone who lived in a Tim Drake-free world until I was almost 30 years old, for me Tim Drake has been Robin / Red Robin for less time than he wasn't.

It's hard to swallow the "Tim was built and created to be Batman's Robin" line when Dick Grayson first had the role when I was a kid, and held it for so long.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm not sure how old you are and how long you've been reading comic books, but speaking as someone who lived in a Tim Drake-free world until I was almost 30 years old, for me Tim Drake has been Robin / Red Robin for less time than he wasn't.

It's hard to swallow the "Tim was built and created to be Batman's Robin" line when Dick Grayson first had the role when I was a kid, and held it for so long.
    It's hard to argue with someone of the perspective as you have because I haven't been reading comics for too long before Tim came into existence.

However.. My view of Tim isn't based on him being the robin of my generation. It's based on why he became robin. See... Dick has always been meant for more than just being robin, he was raised to be a leader and taught by the best. Referring the inner circle of batman, dick was meant for stepping out past that of being a sidekick and being on his own. He was that capable. Tim didn't want to move out on his own like that. I mean it's not really debatable since its in print during the arc that Tim figures out who batman is. He says batman needs a robin. Psychologically, he needs it. And that makes sense. Tim wanted to be robin, just robin. Because he idolized batman and wanted to be his sidekick more than anything. He understood the role of robin better than anyone. That aspect isn't debatable.

And with that being said can you really come up with one better suited than Tim?

It's hard to argue with someone of the perspective as you have because I haven't been reading comics for too long before Tim came into existence.

However.. My view of Tim isn't based on him being the robin of my generation. It's based on why he became robin. See... Dick has always been meant for more than just being robin, he was raised to be a leader and taught by the best. Referring the inner circle of batman, dick was meant for stepping out past that of being a sidekick and being on his own. He was that capable. Tim didn't want to move out on his own like that. I mean it's not really debatable since its in print during the arc that Tim figures out who batman is. He says batman needs a robin. Psychologically, he needs it. And that makes sense. Tim wanted to be robin, just robin. Because he idolized batman and wanted to be his sidekick more than anything. He understood the role of robin better than anyone. That aspect isn't debatable.

And with that being said can you really come up with one better suited than Tim?

Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

one was the future story in the dark knight returns, and the other steph was robin for like a week. i dont know how that constitutes tim not being robin longer than he actually was.

one was the future story in the dark knight returns, and the other steph was robin for like a week. i dont know how that constitutes tim not being robin longer than he actually was.
    You asked who else might be better suited than Tim to be Robin; I was just throwing out two possibilities.

(Besides, I think the name "Robin" may be more suitable for a female than a guy, but that's just me. It really doesn't sound all that masculine, and the original outfit with the pixie booties and ultra-short-shorts didn't help.)

You asked who else might be better suited than Tim to be Robin; I was just throwing out two possibilities.

(Besides, I think the name "Robin" may be more suitable for a female than a guy, but that's just me. It really doesn't sound all that masculine, and the original outfit with the pixie booties and ultra-short-shorts didn't help.)
    This is totally masculine
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    This is totally masculine
    The sparkly underoos soooooooo make the picture!

(Sneakers are a nice touch.)

tims suit was the first robin suit that wasnt retarded. which is all the more reason why tim was perfect for it. and your point of who would be better suited than tim as a robin is a girl who batman was hallucinating was robin, who just dressed like one and batman didnt even realize she was real till well into the book, and a girl robin who was robin for a week. thats who you think would be better than tim? dude. i think were done talking now.

Quote Originally Posted by IchabodBloodrain View Post
    This would be an excellent way to keep the Dick/Damian chemistry in a new book, and at the same time, return Tim back to being Robin which I have always felt is "his" title. Bruce and Tim go together as excellent as Dick and Damian have in the original Batman & Robin run.

And that is that.

-IcB
    I like the idea of Nightwing and Redbird but I'd much rather Redbird was Tim and then we could have a Dick and team team-up book (yes, I did like the Dick and Damian relationship pre-reboot but I would just do anything to get Tim away from the young justice line and Scott Lobdell. I liked his X-MEN stuff but TEEN TITANS has been bad IMHO!!)

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I could go for that. I like the dynamic between Dick and Damian far better than the dynamic between Bruce and Damian. I still think DC dropped the ball there. And we definantly don't need another Bat title. We have plenty.
    I agree.

Also one of the best parts of Dick and Damian's B&R was the reversal of the original dynamic. We had a happy batman and a brooding serious Robin. It was hilarious, and it was very interesting. Now with Dick as Nightwing, Damian isnt his student, or kid sidekick, but more of his brother. Damian is Bruce's sidekick now and i dont see him taking many orders from Dick now, we wont have the happy Batman trying to control his freaky sidekick, we will no longer see how this new Batman deals with things as opposed to Bruce, etc.

In other words, yes Dick and Damian are great together, but the best part was how they operated and co-operated as Batman and Robin. In dealing with villains, talking to Gordon, the cops, the city itself.

DC should have kept them as B&R for at least another few years. I dont understand why the casuals would have an issue with it. It's not like DC made Batman into nolan's Batman to appeal to them, so what did it matter?
    It's been explained in the comics (obviously pre-reboot) that although dick was the first (not counting Bruce. Cuz it's silly) robin, he was always meant for more than a sidekick role. He was born and bred to be a leader. So him Outgrowing robin was inevitable. Tim's role as robin is much more solidified since its foundation was built on the idea that batman needs a robin. And Tim wanted to be robin. Nothing more. He wanted to be the element that to him was most important to batmans grounding as a person.

Which is why I've always thought Damian throws off the batman family vibe. I'd be perfectly happy with dick taking him and having Tim return to Bruce's side As robin. Tim is just floating around now. He's red robin but he doesn't really have an important role in dc anymore. I miss the days of him as robin.
    You're wrong. Dick was created to help Batman appeal to a wider audience, particularly kids. He was created to be Robin, not to stay as Robin for a little while and then outgrow it. That's why he stayed as Robin the longest than any other. But eventually DC needed a change, so he was replaced with Jason, Jason with Tim, and so on. At some point even Damian will grow old and will be replaced too.

tims suit was the first robin suit that wasnt retarded. which is all the more reason why tim was perfect for it. and your point of who would be better suited than tim as a robin is a girl who batman was hallucinating was robin, who just dressed like one and batman didnt even realize she was real till well into the book, and a girl robin who was robin for a week. thats who you think would be better than tim? dude. i think were done talking now.
    Eh. The reason why I'd prefer it if Tim doesn't go back to being Robin is because he was basically designed to be the Robin everyone would love and could be there forever since they'd learnt their lessons with Dick and Jason. I doubt he has much hope for growth as a character as Robin anymore.