Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Just like any warrior class, some of them were honorable and noble and others were not. Hell this is true of just about every government or power structure in history.
    In this case the Warrior class was working for a system that was as incredibly vile as that of Sparta. honorable and noble is very hard to maintain there
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Just like any warrior class, some of them were honorable and noble and others were not. Hell this is true of just about every government or power structure in history.
    In this case the Warrior class was working for a system that was as incredibly vile as that of Sparta. honorable and noble is very hard to maintain there

Quote Originally Posted by OJSlaughter View Post
    Fans of her original body don't ever believe she will return to her white body. She is still one of the only British X-men, her race doesn't change that.
    I think it is when Marvel is clearly trying to market her as Asian and not British. Like including her in the upcoming 'Asians of Marvel' one-shots and miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I think it is when Marvel is clearly trying to market her as Asian and not British. Like including her in the upcoming 'Asians of Marvel' one-shots and miniseries.
    The "Asians of Marvel" bit was a prank by someone on this board. I don't think Marvel is stupid enough to compound their "Yellow face" BS that far

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    The "Asians of Marvel" bit was a prank by someone on this board. I don't think Marvel is stupid enough to compound their "Yellow face" BS that far
    They've had her prancing around in an Asian body and thong for over two decades. I wouldn't put it past them.

Call me Ollie or OJ OJSlaughter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    They've had her prancing around in an Asian body and thong for over two decades. I wouldn't put it past them.
    East-Asian British are basically completely unrepresented even in the UK. Marvel could totally use it to their 'were not racist' advantage: they could if she wasn't originally white, that omits them from the possibility.
    Arrogant Opinionist

So what is your view of the Founding Fathers? They were working for a system that was incredibly vile to people of African descent? Does that mean some of them were not noble? Any system pre-abolition of slavery and segregationist policies was incredibly vile in my book. It doesn't mean that some people in the context of the world they lived in were not honorable and noble.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Quote Originally Posted by OJSlaughter View Post
    East-Asian British are basically completely unrepresented even in the UK. Marvel could totally use it to their 'were not racist' advantage: they could if she wasn't originally white, that omits them from the possibility.
    She is still white. "Yellow-face" doesn't count any more than "black-face" does

So what is your view of the Founding Fathers? They were working for a system that was incredibly vile to people of African descent? Does that mean some of them were not noble? Any system pre-abolition of slavery and segregationist policies was incredibly vile in my book. It doesn't mean that some people in the context of the world they lived in were not honorable and noble.
    Most of our Founding fathers were amoral scum-bag it took nearly a century hundreds of thousands of deaths to fix their evil. Jefferson even knew what he was doing was evil but justified it out of pragmatism

Most of our Founding fathers were amoral scum-bag it took nearly a century hundreds of thousands of deaths to fix their evil. Jefferson even knew what he was doing was evil but justified it out of pragmatism
    There is an argument that you judge people based on the era they lived in and an argument that you don't. I can see the merits of both so as long as you apply it consistently which you are doing here then I won't dispute it.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"