Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    He's already being evil. His whole treatment of Hope, from the beginning, has been evil. He really didn't give a crap about her, and she was just a tool for his own glorification. Forcing the world to subject to his will, even if for good, is evil. Scott now has an out, anyway. It's not really completely him at the wheel.
    wait... what ?
    glorification ?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=39970

Whoopie, more Logan and Scott character focus on Jean, so its really about them and not Jean. So surprised.
    Im sick of this triangle. ARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post

Whoopie, more Logan and Scott character focus on Jean, so its really about them and not Jean. So surprised.
    Especially since it's been over for years. I can understand that both of them would have issues with her being back in any capacity. But seriously both of them dumped her years ago.

o

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post

That love triangle is pretty much the worst thing in comics

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Looks like Scott is the only Phoenix Four with a voice of reason.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If Scott's such a great guy, why hasn't he reined in the other four? The man can't keep his house in order. Magik has literally brought hell to earth and he sits by. Namor goes nuts and it's like nothing. Emma goes to spank the Avengers kids and still nothing. Cyke is either not much of a leader or he's indirectly condoning their bad behavior. That's the greater evil, allowing those things to happen. He might be changing the world for the better, but at what price? What happens once Earth is remade in his image? I doubt that he'd give up his power. Better to live in a messed up world where you can still choose your own destiny than live in a perfect one where the decisions are made for you. A benevolent dictatorship is still a dictatorship.

I don't know. The basic idea that Cyclops thinks that he knows better than anybody else on the planet sounds kinda evil to me. Just look at the crowd he's hanging around with lately.

- Magneto: Known terrorist & murderer
    - Emma Frost: Former Hellfire Club bad guy and all around mega-b**ch
    - Namor: Lord of the oceans and would be conqueror of the surface world
    - Colossus: New Juggernaut & avatar of the demon Cyttorak
    - Magik: Mutant sorceress & lord of a hell dimension
    - Danger: Robot jailor responsible for at least one death
    - Psylocke: Ninja assassin

They sound like such a sweet crowd. Real stand up people. We are judged by the company we keep. Cyclops hangs around with bad guys & murderers. What's that say about him?

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Its the very thing that bothers me about her as a phoenix. She was the voice of reason when it came to the phoenix throughout Second Coming and just around Hope in general. She even thought about killing Hope because she was worried about the obvious power that Hope couldn't control. While everyone was googly eyed about the hope situation, Emma provided me with a different kind of outlook that made the phoenix still threatening. Whether she believed Hope could restart the human race or not was up for debate because she wouldn't attempted to murder her if she wasn't so worried about what the phoenix Could Dark out. Add to that Jean telling her to prepare and I was thinking AvX would have a great deal of positive Emma showing why she truly be an X-man.

Now she has no motivation really and shes starting drama amongst the 5 and shes all out corrupted villain , whilst Cyclops is the one who keeps it together because he slept with the phoenix I'm guessing and everyone else is losing their shit. Its so one-sided to make Cyclops the one in control and the others are cast in this bad light. Combine this with the writers saying Emma will be big in this event and those covers of Cyclops and Emma fighting and its clear that Emma will be totally corrupted and Cyclops will be the hero at her expense when SHE was the one worried about the phoenix from the get go.Emma will be sacrificed and they'll just have one of the cuckoos take on her personality to teen jean......whatevs....

Dittio and then some, it's bothering the hell out of me and just adds to my hatred portrayal of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If Scott's such a great guy, why hasn't he reined in the other four? The man can't keep his house in order. Magik has literally brought hell to earth and he sits by. Namor goes nuts and it's like nothing. Emma goes to spank the Avengers kids and still nothing. Cyke is either not much of a leader or he's indirectly condoning their bad behavior. That's the greater evil, allowing those things to happen. He might be changing the world for the better, but at what price? What happens once Earth is remade in his image? I doubt that he'd give up his power. Better to live in a messed up world where you can still choose your own destiny than live in a perfect one where the decisions are made for you. A benevolent dictatorship is still a dictatorship.

I don't know. The basic idea that Cyclops thinks that he knows better than anybody else on the planet sounds kinda evil to me. Just look at the crowd he's hanging around with lately.

They sound like such a sweet crowd. Real stand up people. We are judged by the company we keep. Cyclops hangs around with bad guys & murderers. What's that say about him?
    I'd take Psylocke off that list, cause if you feel that strongly on keeping her on it you might as well add Storm

BANNED

He exists. That's evil enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moghedien View Post
    He ditched wife and his son, unforgivable. The man has commitment issues.

Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

considering he has them save the world on a daily basis... quite a lot really.

lets observe another similar example.
    a guy creates a team composed of.
    1)a world class master assassin.
    2)a psychotic mass murdering psychic.
    3)a cowboy cop turned murderous vigilante.
    4)a genetically perfected super soldier so blood thirsty he only joins based on the promise of violence.
    5)a cold hearted human-supremacist with an "ends justified the means" attitude.
    6)a mercenary with a grudge the size of his gun.
    7)a Scientist responsible for creating/improving a disease that almost sterilizes an entire race.
    the guy takes this group, and through strength of his leadership turns them into a team that saves the entire Galaxy.

Cyclops = Marvel's Commander Shepard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    considering he has them save the world on a daily basis... quite a lot really.

lets observe another similar example.
    a guy creates a team composed of.
    1)a world class master assassin.
    2)a psychotic mass murdering psychic.
    3)a cowboy cop turned murderous vigilante.
    4)a genetically perfected super soldier so blood thirsty he only joins based on the promise of violence.
    5)a cold hearted human-supremacist with an "ends justified the means" attitude.
    6)a mercenary with a grudge the size of his gun.
    7)a Scientist responsible for creating/improving a disease that almost sterilizes an entire race.
    the guy takes this group, and through strength of his leadership turns them into a team that saves the entire Galaxy.

Cyclops = Marvel's Commander Shepard.
    Well it looks like Cyclops chose the synthesis ending. Uncanny Avengers...HOOOO!!!

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Well, when a certain Avenger nearly wiped out all mutant kind, Scott had to adapt...and fast. The old methods weren't going to cut it. He knew if Mutantkind were to get through this, they'd have to put differences aside and work together, and this is just to survive. Scott Summers isn't Evil. His methods are darker and desperate. Just because you're walking on the edge, doesn't mean you have to cross it. Haters are going to take anything Cyclops does and twist it to make him look bad. Hell, even when the P5 brought world peace, there was still heat thrown at him.

Like Cyclops or not, his leadership is getting the job done and the X-Men Won against some really shitty odds:

- Bastion and 150,000 Nimrod Super Sentinels
    - Scott was the one that knew Hope was Special
    - His plan giving Hope to Cable kept her safe
    - Dracula's Son Uniting all Vampire Kind solely for slaughtering the mutants
    - Norman Osbourne and his Dark Avengers
    - Purifiers armed to the Teeth willing to kill a bus full of kids if it meant taking out one mutant.

And if your going to go with that Bad Roster stuff, then Captain America isn't much better

- Red Hulk: He was willing to sink the entire island of Utopia full of X-Men AND Avengers during the fight with Colossus. Even Emma was shocked reading that guy's mind

- Wolverine: He's the model of embarrassment right now. His kill count is probably higher than everybody in Team Cyclops Combined

- Beast: He's not doing many favors. Wasn't he responsible for his share of deaths

- Black Widow: One of my favorites, but she has her skeletons

- Scarlett Witch: LOLz
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 07-28-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Well it looks like Cyclops chose the synthesis ending. Uncanny Avengers...HOOOO!!!
    Lol. But he needs to sacrifice himself, not Emma! Poster Infernohara really nailed it with their comments earlier. As much as I like Cyclops, he's pretty much running some moral version of mary sue-ism. Emma's been stripped of her character, but so has Cyclops in a lot of ways. The hard edge that he took into the event-- that began in Messiah Complex and cumulated in AvX just disappeared. He's so completely sanitized in the event that it really isn't possible to enjoy him. That he gets to play the foil to Emma Frost is what is making it worse for me.

While I agree it's a little unfair to sacrifice Emma for Scott's mistakes in terms of her character, I think it's an interesting way of really punishing him for his decisions so far.

Having Scott die is probably a nicer thing to do to him than to have him kill his second great love (after Jean), or watch her die again - this time, because of his agenda. There is something very tragic about all of Scott's recent decisions erasing the years of good he's done and causing him to not just relive, but to actually be responsible for recreating, the worst moment of his life (i.e. Dark Phoenix, girlfriend dying in front of him). So while it's lame to use Emma as a scapegoat when her character arc really doesn't lead up to something like this sensibly, it would be a pretty powerful way of devastating Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Moghedien View Post
    absolutely.the only good cyclops is that one who finally committed suicide to redeem himself in astonishing series.