Whoopie, more Logan and Scott character focus on Jean, so its really about them and not Jean. So surprised.
Im sick of this triangle. ARGH!
R.I.P Kurt Wagner <3
If Scott's such a great guy, why hasn't he reined in the other four? The man can't keep his house in order. Magik has literally brought hell to earth and he sits by. Namor goes nuts and it's like nothing. Emma goes to spank the Avengers kids and still nothing. Cyke is either not much of a leader or he's indirectly condoning their bad behavior. That's the greater evil, allowing those things to happen. He might be changing the world for the better, but at what price? What happens once Earth is remade in his image? I doubt that he'd give up his power. Better to live in a messed up world where you can still choose your own destiny than live in a perfect one where the decisions are made for you. A benevolent dictatorship is still a dictatorship.
I don't know. The basic idea that Cyclops thinks that he knows better than anybody else on the planet sounds kinda evil to me. Just look at the crowd he's hanging around with lately.
- Magneto: Known terrorist & murderer
- Emma Frost: Former Hellfire Club bad guy and all around mega-b**ch
- Namor: Lord of the oceans and would be conqueror of the surface world
- Colossus: New Juggernaut & avatar of the demon Cyttorak
- Magik: Mutant sorceress & lord of a hell dimension
- Danger: Robot jailor responsible for at least one death
- Psylocke: Ninja assassin
They sound like such a sweet crowd. Real stand up people. We are judged by the company we keep. Cyclops hangs around with bad guys & murderers. What's that say about him?
He exists. That's evil enough.
lets observe another similar example.
a guy creates a team composed of.
1)a world class master assassin.
2)a psychotic mass murdering psychic.
3)a cowboy cop turned murderous vigilante.
4)a genetically perfected super soldier so blood thirsty he only joins based on the promise of violence.
5)a cold hearted human-supremacist with an "ends justified the means" attitude.
6)a mercenary with a grudge the size of his gun.
7)a Scientist responsible for creating/improving a disease that almost sterilizes an entire race.
the guy takes this group, and through strength of his leadership turns them into a team that saves the entire Galaxy.
Cyclops = Marvel's Commander Shepard.
Like Cyclops or not, his leadership is getting the job done and the X-Men Won against some really shitty odds:
- Bastion and 150,000 Nimrod Super Sentinels
- Scott was the one that knew Hope was Special
- His plan giving Hope to Cable kept her safe
- Dracula's Son Uniting all Vampire Kind solely for slaughtering the mutants
- Norman Osbourne and his Dark Avengers
- Purifiers armed to the Teeth willing to kill a bus full of kids if it meant taking out one mutant.
And if your going to go with that Bad Roster stuff, then Captain America isn't much better
- Red Hulk: He was willing to sink the entire island of Utopia full of X-Men AND Avengers during the fight with Colossus. Even Emma was shocked reading that guy's mind
- Wolverine: He's the model of embarrassment right now. His kill count is probably higher than everybody in Team Cyclops Combined
- Beast: He's not doing many favors. Wasn't he responsible for his share of deaths
- Black Widow: One of my favorites, but she has her skeletons
- Scarlett Witch: LOLz
Last edited by godzilla2099; 07-28-2012 at 11:05 AM.
While I agree it's a little unfair to sacrifice Emma for Scott's mistakes in terms of her character, I think it's an interesting way of really punishing him for his decisions so far.
Having Scott die is probably a nicer thing to do to him than to have him kill his second great love (after Jean), or watch her die again - this time, because of his agenda. There is something very tragic about all of Scott's recent decisions erasing the years of good he's done and causing him to not just relive, but to actually be responsible for recreating, the worst moment of his life (i.e. Dark Phoenix, girlfriend dying in front of him). So while it's lame to use Emma as a scapegoat when her character arc really doesn't lead up to something like this sensibly, it would be a pretty powerful way of devastating Scott.