Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Chuck Dixon Reloads "G.I. Joe"

With a new Cobra Commander at the helm of the venomous organization, writer Chuck Dixon makes plans for the cast of "G.I. Joe" to strike back, mixing military action, romance and an incoming crossover "Target: Snake-Eyes."

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    With a new Cobra Commander at the helm of the venomous organization, writer Chuck Dixon makes plans for the cast of "G.I. Joe" to strike back, mixing military action, romance and an incoming crossover "Target: Snake-Eyes."

Full article here.
    If Chuck Dixon was true to the military he would not have promoted an E-6 to an O-6.... The highest promotion from an enlisted to an Officer was Audie Murphy. He was the most decorated military man of his day... one the the highest of all time, and he got a battle field commission from an E-6 to an O-1. Also Snake Eyes could be a good boyfriend to Scarlett if Mr. Dixon knew how to write Snake Eyes.... In his latest endeavor he has taken one of the best G.I. Joe Characters, Storm Shadow, and made him an idiot and a putz... A man with his ability should not have stabbed a crash test dummy...nor should he have been fooled by Zartan posing as his teacher and mentor... I have stopped reading Dixon's G.I. Joe because of his anti-climatic plots and poor characterizations.... I'm about to drop Snake eyes and Storm Shadow too... It seems to me the only 2 people who can write Joe well are Larry Hama and Mike Costa. I love what Costa has done with his character development and plot lines. They are very powerful, and even in this fantastical world them seem very plausible and real. Dixon sets things up great and then poops out at the end....