Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 329
  1. #121
    Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A lawn.
    Posts
    3,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Do they? Is that in a solicit, or something?
    Well there was that "with their last stronghold under siege" or something line in a future issue solicit, and this:

    Bad news everyone...

  2. #122
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    But shows serious inconsistency, considering Emma beat Thor by herself.
    Maybe he remembered he could deflect projectiles and absorb energy blasts with the hammer this time, so they needed to double team him.

  3. #123
    Senior Member Goldgeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Do they? Is that in a solicit, or something?
    I think it was solicited. But Kubert referenced it on his blog/tumblr, and he's shown some quick peeks of unfinished art with the P4 in Kun Lun. So yes, it gets invaded.

  4. #124
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    He was, but he also has a habit of bottling up his emotions (usually anger) and then exploding. Him getting the Phoenix was just begging for trouble in that regard.
    Doesn't he still have pieces of both Apocalypse and the Void in his head? If those manage to claim control over some part of the PF, watch out...

  5. #125
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    I really hope Act 3 provides some balance. It feels as if the X Men have to be the bad guys just so they can be redeemed when forcefully merged into the Avengers. Disgusting.
    Balance can be a subjective thing.

    There have been some people who have been arguing the Avengers were the badguys from the beginning. From their perspective, the X-Men would probably have to be potrayed as the bad guys to achieve balance.

  6. #126
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    I wonder how many times Hope's square will hop around the character page. I thought on the line was perfect.
    Does the line mean what side you're on, or what team you're on though? Because as more X-men frankly are switching sides, that question becomes more relavent.

    Hope isn't an Avenger... but she's clearly working with them. Xavier's obviously not an Avenger either and he hasn't made any contact with that side, but he's clearly opposing the P5.

    If the line is defined purely by side, honestly I'm thinking by the 12th issue it might just be Scotts picture alone on one end, and everyone else on the other.

  7. #127
    Senior Member Lascoden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    Well there was that "with their last stronghold under siege" or something line in a future issue solicit, and this:

    Ah, thanks. Hadn't seen that.

  8. #128
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    You'd think Thor would actually be thinking of that Hammer? A concentrated dose of all the X-men's telepaths is more than enough to mentally screw the Asgardian. Thor is screwed just like the rest.
    Not based on Emma having trouble with telepathic feedback from his Asgardian mind in their one on one. Which is of course inconsistent with Moondragon being able to read and control him back in the day, but seems to be the current state of affairs. Maybe he retains some fragment of the Odinforce even now that Odin has been back for a while, that would be a decent No-Prize for him being less susceptible to mental attack than prior to the final Ragnarok.

  9. #129
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Not based on Emma having trouble with telepathic feedback from his Asgardian mind in their one on one. Which is of course inconsistent with Moondragon being able to read and control him back in the day, but seems to be the current state of affairs. Maybe he retains some fragment of the Odinforce even now that Odin has been back for a while, that would be a decent No-Prize for him being less susceptible to mental attack than prior to the final Ragnarok.
    MoonDragon was raised by Eternals, who are kind of like gods. So maybe she's more used to telepathically dealing with godlike beings than Emma.

  10. #130
    Senior Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,972

    Default

    Did anybody catch Matt Fractions Phoenix Five acronym?

    Peter Emma Namor Illyana Scott

    Given the X-men's behavior, it's fitting. Gawd, I can't wait for this crap to end.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

    Oscar Wilde

  11. #131
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    I don't like he has to but it is messier if he does not have it. Like I think he can call down lightning without it but he needs the hammer to hit an exact target.
    He needs the hammer for certain stunts such as the vortexes, but he doesn't need to say anything out loud to summon it, either, and it can probably bust through just about anything they encase him or his hands in. Since they can't pick up the hammer in order to transport it, it would stay behind on the battlefield where he fell, and be available to fly across the world at his summons (although Cap could have picked it up, actually).

  12. #132
    Perfectly Safe Penguin ariwl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Did anybody catch Matt Fractions Phoenix Five acronym?

    Peter Emma Namor Illyana Scott

    Given the X-men's behavior, it's fitting. Gawd, I can't wait for this crap to end.
    *blinks*

    Oh lord I hope this was intentional.

  13. #133
    Astounding Super Bird chariset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A tiny isle of geekette in a sea of geek
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    He needs the hammer for certain stunts such as the vortexes, but he doesn't need to say anything out loud to summon it, either, and it can probably bust through just about anything they encase him or his hands in. Since they can't pick up the hammer in order to transport it, it would stay behind on the battlefield where he fell, and be available to fly across the world at his summons (although Cap could have picked it up, actually).
    Oh, there's a thought. Cap gets a good grip and waits for Thor to summon it; then goes along for the ride.

  14. #134
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Did anybody catch Matt Fractions Phoenix Five acronym?

    Peter Emma Namor Illyana Scott

    Given the X-men's behavior, it's fitting. Gawd, I can't wait for this crap to end.
    ...my....GOD!

  15. #135
    Perfectly Safe Penguin ariwl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Oh, there's a thought. Cap gets a good grip and waits for Thor to summon it; then goes along for the ride.
    I could see that being something incredibly epic, or something out of a Loony Tunes cartoon. I would pay to see either.

    Also Cap can actually pick up Thor's hammer? I thought it was meant for Thor only, or is this a "whoever is deemed worthy" sort of deal?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •