View Poll Results: Which story do fans hate more?

Voters
214. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Sins Past

96 44.86%
  • One More Day

118 55.14%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I prefer Sins Past, at least it had some fun scenes.
    It would only have been better if we saw Norman's "O" face.
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    It would only have been better if we saw Norman's "O" face.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    It's internally consistent with the story's presupposition that he and Gwen never slept together. He'd already seen Sara's face, correct? (I don't have a copy of the story, but I believe he saw her face prior to doing the DNA tests.) He had reason to believe the children were Gwen's, but if he'd never slept with Gwen, he could be confident that short of a sperm-jacking, the kids weren't his. (But, hey, I guess you never know. The Venom suit could be really grabby at times.)
    Yeah, I'm with you. I don't really remember if he'd seen her face yet or not. I doubt I'll reread the story any time soon, but next time I do, I'll make a note to check. But you are right, it seems it should have occurred to Pete to check his own DNA first (he's a pretty bright guy, after all). I can only assume that JMS wrote it that way to draw the specter of Gwen closer into the story.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

I voted OMD. I care far less about Peter and Gwen's relationship than I do about Peter and MJ's so Sins Past was less personally painful. Plus Sins Past was better from a pure storytelling stand point.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    That's not his "O" face, that's his "landing strip?" face.
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by The Action Ace View Post
    Sins Past. It just kept piling on the stupidity. Like a hurricane of bad ideas and comic book cliches

First Peter and Gwen never had sex.
    But Gwen did have Sex with creepy as hell Norman Osborn
    She is pregnant and has twins without Peter knowing
    These children grow up super fast
    Then the cherrry on top, this set of twins are of course...Ninjas trained to kill Peter
    Don't forget that Gwen (who never once looked pregnant during the series) had the children during that brief 2 month period she ran away to Europe. Gwen seemed to excel in her college science classes, you'd think she'd freak out when she conceived twins after only 60 days as opposed to 9 months. I guess we just have to accept that she never bothered to look into this "medical miracle."

Ugh, Sins Past was the worst. As bad as OMD was, it still had me curious about what the post OMD world was going to be like.

Thank God for One More Day.
    Sins Past can burn in Hell.

Sins Past was so completely out of character and should be retconned immediately and Gwen brought back. OMD resulted in a good think because we get less Mary Jane and I can't stand her. She'd be the more likely one to get screwed by Osborn.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Don't forget that Gwen (who never once looked pregnant during the series) had the children during that brief 2 month period she ran away to Europe. Gwen seemed to excel in her college science classes, you'd think she'd freak out when she conceived twins after only 60 days as opposed to 9 months. I guess we just have to accept that she never bothered to look into this "medical miracle."

Ugh, Sins Past was the worst. As bad as OMD was, it still had me curious about what the post OMD world was going to be like.
    Didn't JMS or Q come out with some kind of Madonna/Whore defense? I really have tried to block a lot of it out so I don't quite remember. Nice of Wilson to break out the Goblin going to work face and refresh our memories on that

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Thank God for One More Day.
    Sins Past can burn in Hell.
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2424646-m5.jpg

Kinda goes against "Thank God," eh?
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

I vote for a write-in candidate: Brand New Day.

Yes I realize that it's the result of OMD and not all of it was/is horrible but it failed to erase Sins Past from existance and didn't bring Gwen back to life; two things it rightfully should have.

Though based off only the two mentioned, OMD. It's so out of character and (again) failed to retcon Sins Past.

If you have never read the one more day reviews on amazon they are worth your time. Some of the reviews are very well written and humorous, and the Marvel schill reviews are downright hysterical.

I'm going to go with One More Day though this might be because I never read Sin's Past. Personally I felt Like OMD did a lot more damage to continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2424646-m5.jpg

Kinda goes against "Thank God," eh?
    Okay. Thank Mephisto.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Okay. Thank Mephisto.
    You do understand what it is Mephisto is saying, right? That his whole rationale for doing this is because Peter and MJ are a love that "comes about but once in a millennia" and that "to take that away from him... to deny him... is a victory like none other imaginable..."

(What do you think that implies about Peter/Gwen?)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Both are pretty bad stories but Spider-man who is seen as a role model to many people around the world makes a deal with essentially the Devil doesn't look or sound good anyway you spin it. At least Dan Slott has gotten a lot of great stories out of the continuity change.
    Last edited by rastafarian42; 07-25-2012 at 12:44 AM.