View Poll Results: Which story do fans hate more?

Voters
214. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Sins Past

96 44.86%
  • One More Day

118 55.14%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What do you mean? Only good came from One More Day.
    Gwen is still dead and she still slept with Norman Osborn, who fathered her hyper aged Goblin babies.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Gwen is still dead and she still slept with Norman Osborn, who fathered her hyper aged Goblin babies.
    Yeah, but that didn't come from OMD. If you want to play that game, I can call any and every issue you like a bad story because it didn't retcon out Banjo and FACADE.
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yeah, but that didn't come from OMD. If you want to play that game, I can call any and every issue you like a bad story because it didn't retcon out Banjo and FACADE.
    What do you have against Banjo? Sure, the last Banjo-Kazooie game sucked but RARE as a whole has been downhill since Microsoft bought them.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I don't mind Banjo, he's a one time character in a hidden village with nothing to do outside their hiding place
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Who is Banjo? I really don't remember him/her/it/whatever. xD

His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What do you mean? Only good came from One More Day.
    If you want to completely ignore the points made in the entire thread, why post in it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    In the context of the story, Peter thought the kiss was yucky. He was there trying to help her and up until that time he had not realized that she wanted to get in his pants. Suddenly it all became clear and he has this moment of "yuck!" because he essentially sees Sarah as being like his own daughter in need of his help. Shortly before that, he was realizing he had been thoroughly used and then when she kisses him he realizes she was totally crushing on him. To Peter, it was a yuck moment. And then MJ walks into the room, turning it into an "oh shit!" moment as well. :)
    Ah, that's better. Makes sense now.

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

I hated OMD.

I disliked Sins Past, But I had successfully mentally retconned it out of existence by the end of the Arc. In my mind; Petey has nailed Gwen, Felicia and the Amazing Maryjane Parker. As far as I am concerned that's pretty much the ultimate Hat-trick for Nerdy Parker. "Go,Spidey,Go!"

OMD is pretty simple for me. Peter is the guy who will always try to do the right thing. Peter, As distressed as he was, Would have realized that making that deal with a Demon would have been a betrayal of the values he had been taught by Uncle Ben and Aunt May. A violation of Spider-Man's core theme of "With Great Power must also come Great Responsibility".

With JMS writing her Maryjane had finally come into her own.She was a strong willed, Intelligent, Emotionally vibrant and well grounded person. In my opinion, She was stronger emotionally than Peter. MJ helped Peter move past his guilt about the Death's of Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacey and begin to grow into the Great Man he was always meant to be. MJ had become the Rock to which Peter was anchored and a living breathing reason for him to want to make the world a better place.

Maryjane wouldn't have been whispering in Mephisto's ear, She would have pulled out a Pool Que and whacked him over the head and then told him to go the Frak back to Hell or whatever other filthy place he had crawled out of.

For me, The worst thing about OMD is that it wiped out all of Peter and MJ's growth as characters. And yes, I do know that was the entire purpose of OMD. I just believe it is the worst Spider-man story ever told.
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 08-05-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Another vote for OMD. In simple terms, I was still reading Spidey after Sins Past. I wasn't after OMD (I never actually even made it to part 4).

And it's not Pete and MJ splitting up that's kept me away since then (although obviously, it hasn't helped!) It's an unshakeable sense of this not being 'my' Spidey. Not cos he's single, not cos he's being written differently. It's a more literal thing - this Spidey has led a different life to pre-OMD Spidey. Yeah, you can buy into Marvel's claim that his life was 'exactly' the same, but you don't change something as big as a marriage in someone's life and expect them to be be the same person (quite aside from the whole issues of his disappearing 'Other' powers and baby May being erased from existence). OMD has made Spidey feel like an Elseworld's character to me... even when he's appeared in any of the Marvel books I am still reading, he just feels... odd.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

Fans, OMD. Me...I actually enjoyed them both. Now, Ultimatum...that is a HORRID comic story.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    Fans, OMD. Me...I actually enjoyed them both. Now, Ultimatum...that is a HORRID comic story.
    Boo. No one cares about a second rate Alternative Universe.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    Hey, at least they had the balls to kill Magneto. Peter should've bitch slapped Kingpin into oblivion and death.
    Bad news everyone...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    Boo. No one cares about a second rate Alternative Universe.
    I care. That second rate alternate universe was in its earlier years superior to the crap load of Earth-616. Why else would they use a lot of its elements for the movies and then Earth-616 would begin to copy things like Nick Fury Jr. and Hawkeye's costume?

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    I care. That second rate alternate universe was in its earlier years superior to the crap load of Earth-616. Why else would they use a lot of its elements for the movies and then Earth-616 would begin to copy things like Nick Fury Jr. and Hawkeye's costume?
    It's all about an opinion, for me Ultimate never was superior to 616.