Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

He's easily one of the best superhero writers in comics. I just wish he had a truly great, calling-card NON-SUPERHERO book to his name. I think that would really push him over the edge for me.
    Check out my latest movie review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Ilash View Post
    He's easily one of the best superhero writers in comics. I just wish he had a truly great, calling-card NON-SUPERHERO book to his name. I think that would really push him over the edge for me.
    Yeah, I'd like to see him broaden his horizons a bit. Potter's Field was good, but I wouldn't put it in the class of what Brubaker has done with Criminal to cite a similar genre book.

I have no doubt that he has it in him, though, if he chooses to pursue something different. He just loves writing superheroes, and there's no doubt he's really, really good at it. Maybe his book for Legendary will be that something different a lot of us are looking for.

No. (And I would've left it at that but it's too short.)
    Dare you delve into... THE ARCHETYPAL ARCHIVE?

Why, it's... NATURALISTIC! UNCANNY! MARVELOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    The 3 or 4 issues I tried of Daredevil by him I thought were great. Only reason I stopped reading was because I couldn't stomach the artists and colorists.
    Yeah, the art kind of killed it for me too. Maybe if I'd been a DD fan before Waid took over I could overlook the lousy coloring, but as it is the sheer blandness of hues is off putting. Keep watching the Previews to see if this will change soon.

Am enjoying his Thrillbent site.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

He's in my top ten. Thought Irredeemable started out very strong but fell flat midway and ended up meh.

Favorite writer is Peter David.

Quote Originally Posted by transvestitegod View Post
    "Literature" pertains to the actual crafting of text. That's the context I'm using the term 'writing' in.
    But the distinction that I *think* Jesse is making that certain artists do "write" in the sense that they craft the sequence of events just as a writer would.

That's a distinction that played heavily into the age-old Lee vs. Kirby debate. Lee liked to think that if he originated the idea, he was the primary writer. Kirby believed that he was primary because he formulated the basic sequence of the whole story. The truth as I see it is that the total story was the result of their synthesis.
    Dare you delve into... THE ARCHETYPAL ARCHIVE?

Why, it's... NATURALISTIC! UNCANNY! MARVELOUS!

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

I like his work, especially Daredevil. Favorite or best writer? No, but he's very, very good.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?