Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Eh, I'm not sold that Parish needs to take life force from people for immortality. It really looked like he just killed her to end her suffering. There was nothing that suggested to me he was life draining her or something other then suffocating her.

Not to say it's impossible, but I just figured him talking about his grand kids was just to show us how old he was. I figured the guy has seen so many kids or grandchildren die that he didn't want to see this one suffer needlessly for several weeks.
    part of me thinks that wasn't his grandchild. they did go through the trouble of linking Parrish to the experimentation on speed alpha guy. maybe she was just another test subject.

nevermind. i see someone beat me to it.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I assumed it was Stanton Parish who had the Flash Guy killed, because he knew something (said he remembered him from the clinic).
    I also think Parish was taking the last weeks of his Granddaughter's life, not just putting her out of misery. He mentioned earlier how she would last weeks suffering, so he justifies what he does. l think his longevity is from taking the life force of others. He said he had gone through this with 30 other grandchildren.
    I hope this view of Parish is not where they're going. Immortal, charismatic vampire guy would somehow feel cliche.

That scene may have been about demonstrating Parish's version of morality. A guy like Parish, who spent his young adulthood in the Civil War, then lived another 150 years, watching everything around him age and die, likely has a whole other view of the value of life from anyone else. I could see him snuffing out an existence that (in his view) has become pointless no matter who the person is, and maybe especially if it's someone he cares about. The euthanasia scene is probably there to tell us this is an enemy with no limits on what he can justify.

I started to watch this season but it's too contrived.

1. The concentration camp is so hideously unconstitutional that it would come out.
    2. Keeping the Alphas secret is stupid. Guess what, there are alphas across the world and in many places they would be revealed. Perhaps as heroes, etc.
    3. To cooperate with the Hitlerian concentration camp so the team can get restarted. Not a moral person.

So, too many holes - not for me. Just a personal decision.

As i said before , the team needs more members , hopefully we can see more of memory girl and have her joined the team. Black hulk got his ass kicked , seemed like there are more and more alphas out there that can kick his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    1. The concentration camp is so hideously unconstitutional that it would come out.
    Maybe..maybe not. As far as we know there is only one Bingamton so it might not be that hard to keep secret, though it has been pointed out on the show that such a place couldn't stay hidden forever.

Though for me in way it's like disliking Superman because people should be able to tell he's Clark Kent. I can suspend some disbelief it could remain unknown to the world in the same way I can suspend some disbelief that people can give themselves super strength, heightened reflexes, etc.

2. Keeping the Alphas secret is stupid. Guess what, there are alphas across the world and in many places they would be revealed. Perhaps as heroes, etc.
    To be fair though the show has been shown to basically show that the government *is* stupid when it comes to Alpha's. They mostly don't know how to handle them correctly which is why they had to let Lee out of prison in the first place. Remember these are the same people who thought it would be a good idea to lock friggin Gary away. Lee tried to reveal the truth and it only partially worked and in the end possibly caused more harm then good.

3. To cooperate with the Hitlerian concentration camp so the team can get restarted. Not a moral person.
    I think this is a case of "the devil you know" basically. Rosen and his team pretty much hate the government, but they know Stanton Parish is out there and they will need government resources in order to have any chance of stopping him and his plans. None of the team members are so wealthy they could fund their own Alpha team.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Black hulk got his ass kicked , seemed like there are more and more alphas out there that can kick his ass.
    True, but I don't think Bill was the power house of the team anyways, or at least not the only one. Cameron can kick some ass and honestly to me it seemed like he would of fit in more with training with the memory chick. Up until recently Bill's powers had the most limitations since he couldn't keep it up for long. I'm also not convinced the new tricks he learned from Kat are consequence free.

Anyways, as to the episode..anyone think there is more to Gary's screaming? Just with the recent clips suggesting Anna might still be alive..I don't know, is she doing something to him? I don't think she'd hurt him on purpose, but it could be something like her way of letting him know she's alive. I find it interesting Gary didn't mention her until now. For me something has been off about him since this new season began. I can understand why to an extent(Anna's death and being put in Alpha prison) but I get the feeling there is something more to it.
    Last edited by Surtur; 08-07-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Stable Antimatter Reactor Ikonic's Avatar

At the end of the Gladiator episode, I believe Dr. Rosen figured out Parish's secret and lets him know it in the bar scene.

Good episode . finally an episode spotlight on Nina. Good to see taskmaster girl back , looks like she's being groomed to becoming a new member of the team if she's sticking around.

Great episode with Dark(Pheonix) Nina, it was also nice to see Cameron use his powers in some really cool ways. Also I think that guy who likes Sensitive girl is also an Alpha.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Good episode . finally an episode spotlight on Nina. Good to see taskmaster girl back , looks like she's being groomed to becoming a new member of the team if she's sticking around.
    It repeated confrontation of Nina with no plan to stop her from Pushing them was beyond stupid.

Not enough Gary last night, but what we had was golden.

It repeated confrontation of Nina with no plan to stop her from Pushing them was beyond stupid.
    I agree. I really liked this episode as we found out more about Nina, but when the team tried to confront her they should have known that there was a chance for them to get pushed. Should have worn sunglasses like Clay did when they were at the facility last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    I agree. I really liked this episode as we found out more about Nina, but when the team tried to confront her they should have known that there was a chance for them to get pushed. Should have worn sunglasses like Clay did when they were at the facility last season.
    You do not need sunglasses most of the time, you just have to avoid looking her directly in the eyes. Nina is hot, but I find her and her powers despicable, it is a violation of the highest order. If i were Cameron I would break her a limb for every time she pushed me.

The new little alpha girl is annyoing.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

this is one of the best cast tv shows on tv. it very easily could have been something that i'd ignore. but i genuinely like the characters. they seem like they fit together. even Nina, who i was lukewarm about, has shown some humanity. it's good to find out her backstory. even like the new guy that Rachel is crushing on. i think part of it is that i grew up reading X-Men. and there's a definite x-men vibe to it. Stanton is a more low key Magneto (or, if you prefer, movie Sebastian Shaw). that "invisible" assassin Griffin reminds me a lot of Mystique. and Cameron's definately their Wolverine.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Elder Member

Not stupid, just blindly optimistic in believing that despite everything she was their friend and she wouldn't hurt her. Classic case of believing that love cures all ills gone wrong.

I loved what they did with her in this episode. Taking a leading character that far into the dark side--without having her go full Darth Vader--could be pretty risky if handled poorly, especially since they, apparently, plan to keep her around going forward. Her portrayal here brought a lot of verisimilitude to the show, because I don't care how well-meaning and pure of spirit they may be, there's no way anyone with Nina's power wouldn't find themselves struggling with the same kind of moral pitfalls that she did. And the part where she used her powers on herself to try and convince herself she was happy was a really powerful character moment.
    Last edited by kalorama; 08-14-2012 at 09:51 PM.

[QUOTE=kalorama;15700393]Not stupid, just blindly optimistic in believing that despite everything she was their friend and she wouldn't hurt her. Classic case of believing that love cures all ills gone wrong.
    {/QUOTE]

The first time okay, but after that? Just plain dumb.

Sing while you may

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    this is one of the best cast tv shows on tv. it very easily could have been something that i'd ignore. but i genuinely like the characters. they seem like they fit together. even Nina, who i was lukewarm about, has shown some humanity. it's good to find out her backstory. even like the new guy that Rachel is crushing on. i think part of it is that i grew up reading X-Men. and there's a definite x-men vibe to it. Stanton is a more low key Magneto (or, if you prefer, movie Sebastian Shaw). that "invisible" assassin Griffin reminds me a lot of Mystique. and Cameron's definately their Wolverine.
    Another thing I like about this show so far this season, is how they manage to weave in a 'case of the week' without it becoming an obvious and predictable 'case of the week'-type show. Everything pretty much flows together into the bigger continuity. I'm much impressed with the writing.