Page 4 of 334 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I can't believe it took 3 pages to get this posted.

Slackers!

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    no thread is complete without the cosmic arm bar!!!

can't wait to get my new hellicarrier!

Yeah, that one's getting a little crowded.

No I think prejudices have been around for centuries despite what you want to call them. However, I think its wrong to overly generalize for a large group.

As for Bast and the Wakandan tech, I feel as though each BP writer makes it their own in a way. And Hickman's certainly doing some new stuff with Bast.

I have a hunch we will see BP going a little more mystical than he has traditionally in the past
    True, but prejudices and racism aren't always the same thing though they are often related.

But yeah BP is looking to be a lot more spiritual for sure, I like how they are finally taping into the legacy reminds alot of what fraction and co did with Iron Fist...

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    I can't believe it took 3 pages to get this posted.

Slackers!

I know man. I was working late tonight. Would of had it up sooner but had to wait till I got home, too much trouble posting the image via my phone lol

Last edited by Jabare; 07-23-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Gone

What´s the context of this image?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Ho v Pimp....

I guess you haven't been reading AVX?

@FLEX

Things I like about Black Panther...

That bad @$$ outfit with the gold trim
    The polymathic thinking
    The counter contingency strategic planning
    A king that takes it to the battlefield
    The anxiety of living in the shadow of a historically awesome father
    That technologically advanced warrior nation of Wakanda
    The audacity to marry Storm
    Shadow Physics
    The No Where Room
    Spying on the Avengers
    The off and on xenophobia
    Wakanda Design Group
    Hunter
    Queen Divine Justice
    The Nyami battle cruisers
    Vibranium... Vibranium... Vibranium.
    Out of this list the only thing that is a true reflection of the character is "ploymathic thinking" and "The anxiety of living in the shadow of a historically awesome father". Everything else is a gimmick that could applied to any blank slate character. Sorry but there is no depth to this and other the above, no reflection of the character or his traits. Because these are for the most part kind of shallow gimmicks, plot devices and accessories I DON'T think that list can sell a movie.

FLEX you said before that you don't want to see Captain America or Thor without the shield or Hammer, I'll say again, accessories don't make the man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EFjQt1tEDw

I don't really get what all the Bast hatred is about. The Panther clan IS the Panther clan because of the Panther god.

The concept of the Panther god adds that Balance to his knowledge of science, I like T'Challa being well rounded and not just depending on one thing.
    The other part of that is that it honors the rich spiritualism and that Africa has; it wouldn't seem as genuine if there wasn't that mystical aspect to T'Challa and Wankanda

Quote Originally Posted by ekie View Post
    Ho v Pimp....

Awesome abd Classic

AvX #7

I'm also a fan of Tony Stark/Iron Man but yeah the way they wrote him in that scene and really the entire book, my boy deserved to get checked.

It would be nice if he gets the chance to do the same to Steve Rogers before or after the end of the event due to them bringing the fight to Wakanda and then bouncing when the going got tough.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

of course now we know that smack was packed with all the power and knowledge of all the greatest black panthers

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    I'm also a fan of Tony Stark/Iron Man but yeah the way they wrote him in that scene and really the entire book, my boy deserved to get checked.

It would be nice if he gets the chance to do the same to Steve Rogers before or after the end of the event due to them bringing the fight to Wakanda and then bouncing when the going got tough.
    Thank you! I felt like I was the only one bothered by this. Wakanda decides to aid the Avengers at great risk, and they pay a heavy price for it. Than after Namor takes off the Avengers just bounce like the house party ended. I don't have a problem with them leaving as much because the other Pheonix 5 (now 4) showed up, but I wouldn't mind if one of the Avengers especially Cap showed a little empathy. Just like a line or two or a facial expression reflecting the damage that befell Wakanda.

Obviously T'Challa is enraged and rightly so, but I was expecting some one else *cough* Cap *cough* to take strong indignation to Namor;s action.

Thank Goodness for Charles Xavier. I'm glad someone finally stood up to Cyclops and told him what for. That was probably my highlight of issue #8. When Charles threatened Cyclops, cause yall know Xavier rarely makes threats, and when he does he isn't posturing, he can actually back it up.

I'm geeked up! never got a chance to reads preist run and i won an auction on EBAY for 1-62 for 72.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whose jealous?