Page 320 of 334 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 4997
  1. #4786
    Queen of the Amazons 'Flo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dual Citizenship: Wakanda/Themyscira
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    I wish someone would correct the muckery that is Ultimate Black Panther
    "Overhaul" is more like it.

    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

    Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

  2. #4787
    TROLL KILLA Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    When does NA #1 drop again? I'm not going to lie that I'm going to go hard on that issue, I'm going after it like that chief guy from Resturant Impossible or Gordan Ramsey during Hell's Kitchen( for those who love swear filled comments )

    Now before anyone loses their !hit if I like it I'll fully explain why but if there's stuff I don't like I'm not sugar coating a single cot damn thing
    Brotha Genki, I'm going to immolate NA # 1 under my Chaos gaze when it drops.

    If hickman lets namor's perfidy slide.......

    let's just say that he'll get maberry'd by yours truly.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

    Professional TROLL killer

    Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

  3. #4788
    TROLL KILLA Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    Dude, Stacey is certainly not the brightest bulb in the box, but what did she do to you other than express her political opinion? I really don’t understand where all this vitriol is coming from. So she switched sides, big whoop. It’s happened before, and by far more influential and vocal figures.

    She is a nobody, lol. Why should you care?
    I think you answered your own question in this very post.

    Dash threw in her support for Romney on some straight up BS so I guess that's why my cuz likens her to Storm AKA fake ass African "goddess" who can't decide who her real people are.

    They can both kick rocks for all I care.

    I wondering why you care so much?
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-14-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

    Professional TROLL killer

    Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

  4. #4789
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,467

    Default

    No hype, no drama, no judgement on Black Panther, New Avengers or Hickman until the issue drops.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  5. #4790
    Queen of the Amazons 'Flo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dual Citizenship: Wakanda/Themyscira
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I think you answered your own question in this very post.

    Dash threw in her support for Romney on some straight up BS so I guess that's why my cuz likens her to Storm AKA fake ass African "goddess" who can't decide who her real people are.

    They can both kick rocks for all I care.

    I wondering why you care so much?
    I really donít. I just found it strange that that came up (and continued to pop up) here at all. I get the comparison, but equating Acting Talent>Political Views>Blackness is pretty damn stupid, like I said before.

    I prefer to operate under the belief that candidates donít win based on skin color. Obama didnít win because heís black, just like she wasnít obligated to vote for him because sheís black. She voted for him before, based off her pol. opinion (BS aside). She didnít the second time around for the same reason. Itís that simple.

    This is me coming at things objectively.
    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

    Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

  6. #4791
    Member Memnoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wakanda/Mars
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    Dude, Stacey is certainly not the brightest bulb in the box, but what did she do to you other than express her political opinion? I really donít understand where all this vitriol is coming from. So she switched sides, big whoop. Itís happened before, and by far more influential and vocal figures.

    She is a nobody, lol. Why should you care?



    Dope. The claws look like the ones he has from the Ultimate books.
    Yes they do, I like the militaristic/spec ops look, very utilitarian, equipment even I could buy/make.
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

  7. #4792
    Senior Member rsreed13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    In regards to Hickman's Formspring, he's really sarcastic. He's made jokes about Namor, Reed, Doom, and pretty much every other character he's been asked lots of questions about.

    I personally think it's good when a writer/director/artist can show distance from their subjects, rather than speaking of them solely in a reverential manner. That being said, I understand why some folks are upset. BP's been through the ringer.

    At this point, I'll choose to remain optimistic, even if it is a bit naive at this point.

  8. #4793
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    No hype, no drama, no judgement on Black Panther, New Avengers or Hickman until the issue drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsreed13 View Post
    In regards to Hickman's Formspring, he's really sarcastic. He's made jokes about Namor, Reed, Doom, and pretty much every other character he's been asked lots of questions about.

    I personally think it's good when a writer/director/artist can show distance from their subjects, rather than speaking of them solely in a reverential manner. That being said, I understand why some folks are upset. BP's been through the ringer.

    At this point, I'll choose to remain optimistic, even if it is a bit naive at this point.

    Quoted for truth.

  9. #4794
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Attachment 104234
    Would be cool to see BP do some face pounding with this set of claws!
    This is awesome.

  10. #4795
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    I get ya FLEX

    I just believe it deserves a chance BEFORE you crush it.
    If it does end up being a fail, then scream from on high. I will be here to eat crow. (Never said that before...hmm...silly saying, etymology?)
    But preconceptions and judgements before we even read it or find out what the story is all about or how TChalla is portrayed seems rather unfair.

    As KK hinted at - Hickman could be BP's biggest fan but it doesnt matter or is beside the point if he isnt able to produce on the page and likewise he could care less for the character and turn around and write a masterpiece. As a comic writer and idea man, he has a load of talent. Hopefully that translates on to the New Avengers pages and the characters. But we won't really know until it drops in January. That's like 5 holidays from now!

    I predict that NA will be Marvel's flagship book. Their best book for a while.

  11. #4796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    I really donít. I just found it strange that that came up (and continued to pop up) here at all. I get the comparison, but equating Acting Talent>Political Views>Blackness is pretty damn stupid, like I said before.

    I prefer to operate under the belief that candidates donít win based on skin color. Obama didnít win because heís black, just like she wasnít obligated to vote for him because sheís black. She voted for him before, based off her pol. opinion (BS aside). She didnít the second time around for the same reason. Itís that simple.

    This is me coming at things objectively.
    Dang!

    I wasn't trying to start nothing with the Stacey Dash business but I gotta say that Flex Hectic seemed to get my angle.

    Stacey Dash and Storm are two sides of the same sellout coin in my opinion so there's no reason for you to diss my opinion or say that I'm stupid for holding it.

    If you don"t think race plays a factor in the way in which Obama was, and still is demonized in the conservative media then I got a bridge you might wanna purchase.

    The Obama/T'Challa disrespect parallels are uncanny.
    Let me breath.
    Last edited by Onyenkwere; 11-14-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

    No More Mutants

    You failed before you even came at me funny style

  12. #4797
    Queen of the Amazons 'Flo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dual Citizenship: Wakanda/Themyscira
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onyenkwere View Post
    Dang!

    I wasn't trying to start nothing with the Stacey Dash business but I gotta say that Flex Hectic seemed to get my angle.

    Stacey Dash and Storm are two sides of the same sellout coin in my opinion so there's no reason for you to diss my opinion or say that I'm stupid for holding it.

    If you don"t think race plays a factor in the way in which Obama was, and still is demonized in the conservative media then I got a bridge you might wanna purchase.

    The Obama/T'Challa disrespect parallels are uncanny.
    Let me breath.
    1) I didn't call you stupid, bro. That's disrespectful.
    2) Race most certainly does play a factor. I'm not denying that. I agree w/everything else.
    3) I'll let it go. It's all good.
    Last edited by 'Flo; 11-14-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

    Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

  13. #4798
    Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,521

    Default

    Hold up there my peeps...


    I was just teasing Onyenkwere about Stacey Dash throwing herself at him (With Storm come hither boots of course) it was not meant to derail the thread about her political issues... Besides I think Stacey did it to restart her career otherwise she would have just voted Romney and said nothing of it!

    Sometimes the villain role is the best one and we who read comics should be able to see right through that!

    As a registered independent who votes for candidates with solid contingency plans for alien invasions I have to say that Stacey Dash is fine as heck so she can vote Romney I can vote Obama and meet back at the ranch to see if those come hither boots... Wait shhh... No my wife's not looking.... Anywho...

    Stacey like many black women in La La Land (Hollywood) are just struggling to find a gig and since Storm is about to get the Bryan Singer treatment "Again" in the next X-men movie Stacey might be on the short list for background eye candy in blue eyes and white hair!

    As usual I'm sure the black community will forgive her and move on.


    Hickman on the other hand needs to check the time and see where Black Panther is at before he walks into the buzz saw and makes another mess.

    His protective out is that at least he is not doing a solo Black Panther book and can shift to other characters quickly if this stalls out the gate.

    One thing that must be noted is that the numbers on Fantastic Four showed no increase with the two issues that featured Black Panther which is suspect considering that it did not pull even the diehard fans over to it.

    FF was doing around 40,000 and one would assume that it should have gotten 55,000-60,000 if you combine the fan bases particularly what is left of BP's.

    So even if this comic is a hit it will be difficult to tell if it is because of Black Panther or in spite of him.

    Now being originally from Chicago and a fan of Da Bears, Da Cubs and Da Bulls I can tell when management is making side grades as opposed to legitimate championship runs therefore I admire The Lakers and The Yankees for spending the money to hang victory banners in their stadiums or at the least competing year end and year out for them.

    Sure my family and friends from Chicago can hold out for hope like BP fans do but if your favorite team draft choices look like second string scrubs it is what it is... And NO I am not saying Hickman is second string scrub material but if he paid any attention to what was going on he would volunteer his services for "Point Man" duty and get those extra votes.

    I asked Mayberry way back when to post at blacksuperhero.com (As if ) which would have placed him at ground zero of Black Trollville... However, like Eminem if he had gone all in and found other votes of confidence then with the numbers on his side he could have dictated and mandated to Marvel editorial what was to go down instead like Romney he played to the base safely in his comfort zone.

    Seriously... Any white dude that adopts black culture or caters to a black voice and has the white vote on lock too (Bill Clinton anyone) gets paid ridiculous $$$$$$ just for the audacity of it all!

    Try it some time I dare my white friends to get in the black rap circle and spit them bars or gyrate your hips at The Apollo Theater and then do the same in the predominantly white suburbs and see if your wallet does not increase.

    The only thing that Hickman said that makes sense is his choice of Chiwetil as Black Panther which shows that he is paying attention to something but if he keeps holding interviews with only the mainstream media then his chance at being a crossover legend decreases.

    2013 is make or break season for Black Panther and he could very well be the last significant writer at the helm so if he is content with 40,000 sales (And the usual 5,000 to 10,000 fall off later) then so be it... But if he is brave and bold it's time to holla at the brothas so that we can speak of him at the barbershop as we get our fades trimmed.

    You will notice Liss who wrote well is not hot in the streets like Mcfarlane was with Spawn... Just saying.

    A... B... C... Always Be Closing - Business 101
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

    I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

    You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

  14. #4799
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Brotha Genki, I'm going to immolate NA # 1 under my Chaos gaze when it drops.

    If hickman lets namor's perfidy slide.......

    let's just say that he'll get maberry'd by yours truly.
    That is what I'm talking about

  15. #4800
    Senior Member rsreed13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Hold up there my peeps...


    I was just teasing Onyenkwere about Stacey Dash throwing herself at him (With Storm come hither boots of course) it was not meant to derail the thread about her political issues... Besides I think Stacey did it to restart her career otherwise she would have just voted Romney and said nothing of it!

    Sometimes the villain role is the best one and we who read comics should be able to see right through that!

    As a registered independent who votes for candidates with solid contingency plans for alien invasions I have to say that Stacey Dash is fine as heck so she can vote Romney I can vote Obama and meet back at the ranch to see if those come hither boots... Wait shhh... No my wife's not looking.... Anywho...

    Stacey like many black women in La La Land (Hollywood) are just struggling to find a gig and since Storm is about to get the Bryan Singer treatment "Again" in the next X-men movie Stacey might be on the short list for background eye candy in blue eyes and white hair!

    As usual I'm sure the black community will forgive her and move on.


    Hickman on the other hand needs to check the time and see where Black Panther is at before he walks into the buzz saw and makes another mess.

    His protective out is that at least he is not doing a solo Black Panther book and can shift to other characters quickly if this stalls out the gate.

    One thing that must be noted is that the numbers on Fantastic Four showed no increase with the two issues that featured Black Panther which is suspect considering that it did not pull even the diehard fans over to it.

    FF was doing around 40,000 and one would assume that it should have gotten 55,000-60,000 if you combine the fan bases particularly what is left of BP's.

    So even if this comic is a hit it will be difficult to tell if it is because of Black Panther or in spite of him.

    Now being originally from Chicago and a fan of Da Bears, Da Cubs and Da Bulls I can tell when management is making side grades as opposed to legitimate championship runs therefore I admire The Lakers and The Yankees for spending the money to hang victory banners in their stadiums or at the least competing year end and year out for them.

    Sure my family and friends from Chicago can hold out for hope like BP fans do but if your favorite team draft choices look like second string scrubs it is what it is... And NO I am not saying Hickman is second string scrub material but if he paid any attention to what was going on he would volunteer his services for "Point Man" duty and get those extra votes.

    I asked Mayberry way back when to post at blacksuperhero.com (As if ) which would have placed him at ground zero of Black Trollville... However, like Eminem if he had gone all in and found other votes of confidence then with the numbers on his side he could have dictated and mandated to Marvel editorial what was to go down instead like Romney he played to the base safely in his comfort zone.

    Seriously... Any white dude that adopts black culture or caters to a black voice and has the white vote on lock too (Bill Clinton anyone) gets paid ridiculous $$$$$$ just for the audacity of it all!

    Try it some time I dare my white friends to get in the black rap circle and spit them bars or gyrate your hips at The Apollo Theater and then do the same in the predominantly white suburbs and see if your wallet does not increase.

    The only thing that Hickman said that makes sense is his choice of Chiwetil as Black Panther which shows that he is paying attention to something but if he keeps holding interviews with only the mainstream media then his chance at being a crossover legend decreases.

    2013 is make or break season for Black Panther and he could very well be the last significant writer at the helm so if he is content with 40,000 sales (And the usual 5,000 to 10,000 fall off later) then so be it... But if he is brave and bold it's time to holla at the brothas so that we can speak of him at the barbershop as we get our fades trimmed.

    You will notice Liss who wrote well is not hot in the streets like Mcfarlane was with Spawn... Just saying.

    A... B... C... Always Be Closing - Business 101
    To be fair, that 40,000 is sales from Diamond to the Direct Market stores, so those issues may have seen actual sales numbers increase in terms of customers buying the issue, but not in terms of pre-orders. And I would think that a number of Black Panther fans were already reading the series.

    Other than that, just watch my head nodding.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •