Page 317 of 334 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 4997

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    It was Jonathan Hickman?

oh, never mind, I misread you. But he makes jokes about most characters on formspring. You should ask him a Namor Q and he'll probably joke at his expense too.
    Already happened:

Since the other Phoenix 5 are dealing with problems/fluctuations/changes in their powers, will Namor be dealing with something similar in New Avengers?
    smile 0 Smiles

He can now fart seashells.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Already happened:

Since the other Phoenix 5 are dealing with problems/fluctuations/changes in their powers, will Namor be dealing with something similar in New Avengers?
    smile 0 Smiles

He can now fart seashells.
    yeah but the seashell didnt recently beat him up and throw a wedding ring back in his face. And he didnt take the side of the seashell saying it would laugh while namor cried.

A bit more intricate of a diss.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    yeah but the seashell didnt recently beat him up and throw a wedding ring back in his face. And he didnt take the side of the seashell saying it would laugh while namor cried.

A bit more intricate of a diss.

It gets worse:

Who would you cast in a live action Black Panther movie?
    smile 0 Smiles

A white dude just to make everyone lose their shit. And then, post shit-losing, I'd of course announce Chiwetel Ejiofor.

and

"Also, leather, yes or no?" Ass-less chaps all round? Especially Epting-drawn? Tempting. As for 'bottom' - well... when will the Black Panther 'receive the benefit of Namor's bounty' as it were? Kids read this, I can only be so overt, my dear.
    smile 1 Smile

You said overt.

and

I'm not sold on New Avengers. Could you tell me around what issue Namor will make the Black Panther his 'bottom', so I can figure out when to jump on? Ta!
    smile 1 Smile

I don't know what this 'bottom' means. Can you please explain this to me in relation you and all your relationships. Also, leather, yes or no?

But there are good ones like:

Hi, T'Challa's knowledge grade seems straight forward -> He gets all previous Black Panthers knowledge and experiences combined - Awesome. However, does he also get there combined "physical" strength as well? Thus able to lift in tens of tons range
    smile 0 Smiles

Maybe slightly stronger, but he's strong enough. The knowledge is the real get.

and

Does T'challa blame Namor for the annulment of his marriage? If so how much? Assuming you can tell us.
    smile 0 Smiles

I think trying to affix normal people's experiences to the necessities of ruling families is a stretch.

I would think he'd blame fate more than anything else for the marriage stuff. Namor gets the blame for bodies.

So can you imagine getting asked questions that range from odd that can potentially carry over to good ones.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

i think smile o smiles is a jerk..

a jerk whos jerkiness spreads to whoever he has contact with.. and makes the innocents come off as a jerk also

i would just say... dont David Liss Johnathan Hickman... lets read the actual work first.
    Last edited by FriendRoss; 11-13-2012 at 01:45 PM.

I had to look up: Chiwetel Ejiofor. I must say thats a pretty good Panther pick and i've never heard of this person before.

Can't help but notice he's more inclined to appease the Namor/O.Snooks fans then he is for BP fans, if it was me I would at least try to fake like I'm trying to win over the fans of a character that got royally screwed over recently then just make bad jokes at that fan bases expense but what do I know

OPTIMISM!

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Can't help but notice he's more inclined to appease the Namor/O.Snooks fans then he is for BP fans, if it was me I would at least try to fake like I'm trying to win over the fans of a character that got royally screwed over recently then just make bad jokes at that fan bases expense but what do I know

OPTIMISM!
    My concern as well. Will it b unwarranted paranoia or premonition? hoping for the first, prepared for the worst.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

could he ever really win over "black panther" fans before the book was out... based on on tweets and forum spings..

is there anything the man could truly say that wouldnt be looked at with raised eyebrows and compared to past editorial "big plans" comments

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    could he ever really win over "black panther" fans before the book was out... based on on tweets and forum spings..

is there anything the man could truly say that wouldnt be looked at with raised eyebrows and compared to past editorial "big plans" comments
    Doesn't seem like it. Hickman is kinda damned if you do damned if you don't. It obviously will have to depend on the work at hand to bring Panther fans into his favor.
    I thought I really did get ya'll some decent serious answers from hickman. I mean at least we know that T'challa is slightly stronger than he was before and has a stronger sense of self.

i think smile o smiles is a jerk..

a jerk whos jerkiness spreads to whoever he has contact with.. and makes the innocents come off as a jerk also

i would just say... dont David Liss Johnathan Hickman... lets read the actual work first.
    Agreed.

The entirety of the run up Liss' American Panther was pretty much fan trolling that nearly everybody here fell for.

Get mad AFTER you read (notice I said read NOT buy).

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    My concern as well. Will it b unwarranted paranoia or premonition? hoping for the first, prepared for the worst.
    Pretty much, I would give him the benifit of the doubt but not a single BP question thrown his way has been answered in a manor that shows even a hint of, "trust me"

He could but he hasn't, he has said more in favor of Namor who we all already knew would never face repercussions for his actions to calm the Namor fans. Instead all fans get in response to BP questions is just lame jokes, I'd take "I got big plans" over the jokes posted but apparently BP( and us as fans ) aren't even worth a damn to pretend to cater to on the smallest scale

The return of Wakandan Vibranium coupled with T'Challa back on the living throne of Wakanda are the main things essential for me to enjoy anything Hickman does relating tothe Black Panther mythos.

Keep all the great suff from PRIEST/HUDLIN/LISS and Maberry's Shadow Physics and Nowhere Room.

Jettison all the other BS.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    I had to look up: Chiwetel Ejiofor. I must say thats a pretty good Panther pick and i've never heard of this person before.

I take it you haven't watched Joss Whedon's Serenity then?
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I take it you haven't watched Joss Whedon's Serenity then?

I haven't. Guess i'm really missing out. I'll have to check that out I guess. Is it a drama like that Dollhouse show from awhile back?

A little more:

What fascinates you about Black Panther?
    smile 0 Smiles

Fascinates isn't the right word. Excites is more accurate.

And the answer is most everything.

Who do you think are the five smartest Heroes in the Marvel Universe?
    smile 0 Smiles

I think this is pretty well documented, isn't it?

1. Reed
    2. Stark, T'Challa, Pym
    5. Banner.

I'm sad about BP and Storm's divorce. Finally a black married couple in the Marvel Universe, and this happens.
    smile 0 Smiles

Yeah. I agree. But neither Storm fans or Black Panther fans have been happy lately (for numerous reasons [Valid and Not]). I certainly think it could (and should) have worked, but it didn't.

And then it became a story point in AvX. Which sealed the deal.

AvX is a silly thing to divorce over. Don't you think?
    smile 0 Smiles

Over the events in the books? No. I disagree. They choose separate sides and then there were consequences.

You have to remember, T'Challa IS Wakanda.

I think he may just have a handle on the character. Especialkly now that T'challa has made it into one of Marvel Now!'s flagship titles. Ten again, I haven't been trolled by Marvel as long as some of you have so hopefully Hickman's work really will deliver the goods.

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Onyenkwere,

I can agree with you because it would be like Coretta Scott dating the grand wizard of the KKK or Betty Shabazz hooking up with the leader of the Aryan Nation... It's hard to come back from that.

Martin Luther King had a Dream but it never was meant to go that far.

I still think Stacey greeting you at the door in Storm's come hither boots would give you a pause to think it over a bit before you started speaking rapidly in Patois!

Now about this Hickman tweets...

The jokes under these circumstances seem very inconsiderate and that he does not have the slightest clue of how serious Black Panther is as a character to diehard fans.

If the Black Panther was like Spiderman in revenue, household name and overall prestige then at this point no one would have minded a break in canon and continuity for some deconstructive detours.

The problem is that the Black Panther as an intellectual property has been a test of struggles that desperately needs a "Point Man" to grab the tweeter microphone from him and correct his answers.

DUDE... The Black Panther fans have been spat upon and dismissed for decades now so the back and forth jokey wit is unwarranted and shows a lack of class for the writer who is at the helm of this franchise.

Imagine a football player on the sideline joking it up with teammates and then look up at the scoreboard... If you are winning going away then dump some Gatorade on the coach and collect your championship trophy but if you are getting your butts kicked chill the one liners and focus on digging out of the hole that the Black Panther has been dumped in.

Pay attention to where the character is at and stop making jokes about the marriage that many Black Panther fans loved and since you have not even surpassed Priest or Hudlin in anything concerning the Black Panther maybe you should deliver the goods with the sales to back it up first before going all Don Rickles on the matter.

I can joke because I'm a T.R.O.L.L. on CBR but if I was hired to handle the Black Panther I would be all over the 30 plus forums I am a member of and campaigning like Obama on behalf of the man named T'challa and building the fan base up from the fanbratti that have not the numbers to keep this ship afloat.

To sell The Black Panther you are going to need some degree of black votes because even David Liss' writing sunk in sales and got cancelled at the end.

Hickman is not off to a good start with those tweets and I foresee more of a Mayberry vibe than a Liss vibe... I could be wrong but next year will be a make or break year for Black Panther before most if not all fans move on!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!