Page 306 of 334 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 4997

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I have to ask: why doesn't Sam get this kind of love? He's a far, far more likeable character. With a little fan support, he could be so much more in the Marvel Universe. He's like on the constant cusp of the big leagues. And, he's not a dick like BP.

Why does BP get all the love?
    Man, it like the difference between ali, and frazier. one was accepted by american society at the time and the other one was like i'm a king and will just have to deal with me as is! I think we all know where sam and Black Panther fit.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

People really need to stop pitting minority characters against each other when it comes to who needs the spotlight. "Why does this one black character get more hits than this one" hurts the cause tremendously. We should be asking why both can't get the same treatment at the same time.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

I have to ask: why doesn't Sam get this kind of love? He's a far, far more likeable character. With a little fan support, he could be so much more in the Marvel Universe. He's like on the constant cusp of the big leagues. And, he's not a dick like BP.
    Every time I've seen him he's either been a token or cannon fodder( Avengers: X-Santcion for example ) and in fact when I first came across him I pretty much saw him as the comic book version of a Uncle Tom. I do like the Ultimate version of him since there he's written and treated like a actual capable person of color which I assume will be how he is in the Capt sequel( this does include the brief time Priest wrote him as well as Hudlin ).

BP on the other hand has screamed bad ass to me from the jump in that he's a genius, is royalty and acts like a actual king and treats his subjects as you would expect a kind king to do, puts people in their place when they deserve it and takes pride in what he does and what those before him have done to shape everything that he has

If they killed off Sam it wouldn't surprise me( I know they never would since he's replacing BP in the Avengers toon and is in the said Capt movie ) I really wouldn't care other then a quick thought that a capable writer could do something with him other then seeing the legions of bad writers who happily use him as a stereotype. He has fans and I know it so I don't begrudge them from doing so, everyone will like a character while others don't

Seeing as how you don't care about BP why do you even care to ask us?

Because he's not a former pimp. Also a Cap fan has no room calling other characters dicks.
    Last edited by Shadey10; 11-02-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    Creepy Black Brotherhood Member

Brother Judge will leave you in Fudge.

Part of it is probably the fact that Black Panther can stand on his own while Sam will always be in Captain America's shadow. He may be a cool character in his own right but unless some A-list writer puts a lot of work into him he will always be known as Cap's sidekick. War Machine is stuck in the same situation. While a cool character he will always be second to Tony. Black Panther is his own character and has his own mythos, while characters like Sam and Rhodey are just a smaller part of another character's mythos.

I have to ask: Why are you here?

Don't fall for this guy's schtick. I'm sure some of you have seen his antidiversity appeals in the past.
    Last edited by Brandon McKinnis; 11-02-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

why does everybody think bp is a jerk? that's a better uestion
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Because he doesn't kiss anyones ass.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Because he doesn't kiss anyones ass.
    I mean yo I like Sam, but even when they teamed up sam was like "Yo, bp you dope as #)#), how can a brotha stay in wakanda?"

He punched out Mephisto, only d-bags do that

Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    I'm not sure about BP comics in particular, but they had a Marvel Zombies sale last week for 99cents. Issues 28-30 of Hudlin's run was part of that.
    Damn, missed it

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    People really need to stop pitting minority characters against each other when it comes to who needs the spotlight. "Why does this one black character get more hits than this one" hurts the cause tremendously. We should be asking why both can't get the same treatment at the same time.
    So much truth. We should fall into "token" mentality. There can more than just one Black hero that is getting shine. We dont have a quota on white heroes, so why should we any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    He punched out Mephisto, only d-bags do that
    him and nightcrawler are two of my fav d-bags then

Easy, he upsets the apple cart. He doesnt bow down to Cap, because he every bit the leader that Cap is. Hell, if anybody understands the weight that Cap puts on himself than its BP. He is every bit as smart and rich as Iron Man. He doesnt bask in awe overe Thor simply because he of nobility himself and thats not his God:).

When you read a character that is new to you, that puts in question all of the roles of your more established heroes, he is going to comes off as an irritant.

him and nightcrawler are two of my fav d-bags then
    Such a rebel