Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I wonder if New Avengers is going to be a revamped Secret Avengers or a similar concept if Secret gets cancelled before January. I mean, it matches up, Secret won't be done with it's next arc until right around when New Avengers will be launching.
    I thought I read that Secret Avengers is not getting cancelled?

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

It's not. You are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by gforce99 View Post

I'd love it if NA turned out a book featuring teen/young characters, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Probably a couple of the YA/AA students will feature, but that'll be it, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Mind View Post
    I'd love it if NA turned out a book featuring teen/young characters, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Probably a couple of the YA/AA students will feature, but that'll be it, IMO.
    I think the best version would be showcase the graduates of the Academy, mixed in with some international flair. Best of both worlds

But I think we should leave all the "kids" to the Academy book.

Quote Originally Posted by gforce99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    It's not. You are correct.
    That hasn't been confirmed at all. I certainly hope that it isn't but the only thing Remender has said is that he still has a lot more Secret Avengers to go. But from the tone of his interviews and the vagueness that he's taking with not confirming or denying it's cancellation leads me to believe that it will wrap up with issue #33. After all, you wouldn't announce a cancellation before the series ends, people might not keep reading.
    Comics are more better.

That hasn't been confirmed at all.
    Either Brevoort or Alonso confirmed that Secret Avengers and Avengers Assemble would continue on in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by The Avenging One View Post
    Either Brevoort or Alonso confirmed that Secret Avengers and Avengers Assemble would continue on in some form.
    Oh, well at the least I haven't seen that and would like to. I really hope Remender stays on Secret for a very long time.
    Comics are more better.

Avengers (x2)
    New Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Dark Avengers
    Avengers Assemble
    Avengers Academy?
    Avenging Spider-Man
    Captain Avenger
    Amazing Avenger-Man
    Avengerine
    Avengers Avengers
    More Avengers
    Fantastic Avengers
    Captain Universe is not Monica Rambeau. Monica Rambeau is not in Avengers.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Oh, well at the least I haven't seen that and would like to. I really hope Remender stays on Secret for a very long time.
    Brevoort I think said so in one of these interviews and his formspring that it would continue.

Hahahaha, I see your point and I agree.

Looking forward to Avengers by Hickman.
    And is good to see that there will not be story arcs that take forever to be resolved in the Avengers.

"The way I've set this up is we'll do bigger stories where our entire cast or almost all of our cast take part in a really big adventure.We'll do around three-issue arcs of bigger stories, and then we'll do three done-in-one issues where we focus on a smaller group of characters,"
    Thats something i apreciate in the comics.

The larger cast of the Avengers is a promising concept to be explored and the way the team is steping up to be a more pro active team to deal with world menaces is cool.
    This looks like a set of great Avengers stories in the making.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

I'm guessing new Avengers is going to be a mix of Avengers Accademy and Young Avengers. It will be where the 'Graduates' end up.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    They've broken me!!! *waves hand*
    LOL! I'm there with you! I approach with the glass half empty so I can be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Truth to tell...I do not know about the "all fresh and brand new and awesome and amazing"...but I do expect it to be better than wot they are giving you all now.
    Since what I'm getting on my Avengers pull list now is ONE, this will not be difficult.

I've been burned too many times by Marvel over the past decade to be optimistic about this relaunch, but I'll give the first issue a shot. Hopefully Hickman can wash away the taint of the Bendis years quickly and create an Avengers title worth reading.

I've enjoyed Hickman's creator-owned books but wasn't really impressed with his FF run. I feel that his character work is sometimes lacking but his ideas are excellent. This interview doesn't do much to excite me as there is very little detail presented but he at least seems to understand the concept of the Avengers, at least better than his predecessor did.

BANNED

You know, depending how it looks, I might pick this up.