Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The power of the rainbow. jade_nova's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MegaNaught View Post
    How important is it to read the books in order going back to the orginal Wild Cards? My library only seems to have the Tor books beginning with Inside Straight.
    If I remember right [U]Inside Straight[U] has the reality series and the judges and the host are characters from the earlier books. If you want to know more about those people then I recommend you read the earlier stuff. If your library has an Interlibrary Loan program you can get your books that way.
    "Here's to me and here's to you. If we should ever disagree, then here's to me and to hell with you," William O. Astle 1905-2002

"Damn you, Harlot! Science and I know what we're doing," Reed Richards

http://captain-smiley.livejournal.com/-Here be Countdown summaries.

The power of the rainbow. jade_nova's Avatar

I have this to say about the Wild Cards series is that it seems like a better realistic take on the superhero thing than what Marvel and DC try to do.
    "Here's to me and here's to you. If we should ever disagree, then here's to me and to hell with you," William O. Astle 1905-2002

"Damn you, Harlot! Science and I know what we're doing," Reed Richards

http://captain-smiley.livejournal.com/-Here be Countdown summaries.

Despite the supremely not-related-to-the-story covers of the new editions, I'm enjoying Julie Kenner's straight up romance adventures, the Protector series. She does a good balance of letting the superhuman aspects dictate aspects of characters' day to day and sensorial life, without playing into any urge to conflate realism with negativity. Ancient lineages of superhumans who've decided to be secret superheroes and stuff. Skates gleefully over a lake of implausibility, using "there's a plan"/prophecies as the thin ice barrier, but it's a charming world, and charm will carry me farther than plausibility, really. (First book's free for kindle right now, for those interested.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MegaNaught View Post
    I am currently reading Enemies and Allies by Kevin J. Anderson and I have the new Batman book Wayne of Gotham next on my list. Anyone else read many superhero novels or Non-Fiction books (such as Our Hero: Superman on Earth by Tom De Haven or Batman: The Complete History by Les Daniels)?

Any suggestions on titles either fiction or non-fiction?
    Wait, there are readable Kven J. Anderson books out there?
    Last edited by Shikidum; 05-07-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Soon I Will Be Invincible has probably been the one I've enjoyed most by a distance, but I did really enjoy It's Superman.