View Poll Results: Jean Grey <3

Voters
44. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yay Jean Grey

12 27.27%
  • Hey Jean Grey

7 15.91%
  • <3 Jean Grey <3

25 56.82%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Trying to put myself in Maddie's shoes... If my wife left me for a perfect copy of myself, would I be mad at my wife, blame her, or would I blame the clone version of myself.
    I would certainly feel threatened by the concept of having a clone, but my anger, my sense of being betrayed would focus clearly on my wife.

What if you were the clone and knew it?

West Palm Beach (School) Minnesota (home)

Jean is TOTALLY the other woman but who gives an F? Girl saw what she wanted and took it. It's even less of an issue now that we know that Madelyn is just one of many identical clones Sinister has sitting in a test tube. Candy Southern deserved better though. I mean she had the guts to pull of a perm, maroon skirtsuit with shoulder pads in a way that hasn't been done since. I blame Angel for that though.
    ~ BlackJack ~
    " Living Well Is The Best Revenge"

Candy looked great under John Byrne in Hidden Years too. I loved her constant corner smile and all white thing she had going.

edit after some research it seems her corner smile was a feature she had since the early X-Men issues she appeared in.
    Last edited by MartinRedmond; 07-24-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    I used to hate Jean and Scott as characters because I found them extremely shallow and dull. But after one-eye dropped the corpse and started shacking up with Emma, he's been insanely interesting. Still aggravating and unlikeable at times, but at least he was genuinely interesting. And I've realized - it was perfect Mary Sue Jean that was holding him back the entire time. The best thing she's ever done is die (well, the first time); now if only she would stay dead.
    you know what they say about opinions right?

HOWEVER, it makes her a freaking cold-hearted bitch, which is hilarious. She's no different than 'Oh we only fooled around in our minds' Emma, except Emma is a thousand times a more nuanced and interesting character than Jean.
    wrong! it just means you like emma more while others like Jean more. Controversial =/= Interesting. The comics have space for both women but sadly your comment make you appear kinda threatened by any character that does not conforms to your "personal" standards.
    She sings directly to the sheep, "Oh noble sheep, we eat your babies. We use your brain to fight off rabies, but the most beautiful gift you give us is wool."

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    She pretty much used Angel to make Scott jealous too and wrecked his relationship with Candy Southern in the process. They were giggling and bonding right in front of Scott just to spark his insecureties.
    Wasn't that the PF while jean was still in the cocoon?

West Palm Beach (School) Minnesota (home)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    Candy looked great under John Byrne in Hidden Years too. I loved her constant corner smile and all white thing she had going.

edit after some research it seems her corner smile was a feature she had since the early X-Men issues she appeared in.
    Candy looked AWESOME under Johny Byrne always. I loved the issue during the Dark Phoenix saga (132 I think?) where they go to Angel's house in Colorado, Candy looks truly amazing with straightened hair and a sexy sun dress.

Edit: Where incidentally, I believe she caught Angel giving Jean a "hello smooch" - thus reinforcing Jean's status as the other woman
    Last edited by BlackJack; 07-24-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    ~ BlackJack ~
    " Living Well Is The Best Revenge"

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Wasn't that the PF while jean was still in the cocoon?
    no, I'm talking about X-Factor, i think it was after the urine matress fight.

The PF kissing Angel didn't seem to bother much of anyone, oddly.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    I agree, Candy was a great member of the extended cast and I was pretty bummed out when she was killed off by Cameron Hodge - seemed like such a waste.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Quote Originally Posted by RiptideX View Post
    you know what they say about opinions right?

wrong! it just means you like emma more while others like Jean more. Controversial =/= Interesting. The comics have space for both women but sadly your comment make you appear kinda threatened by any character that does not conforms to your "personal" standards.
    This is a forum for discussing fictional comic books. As taste is subjective, virtually everything posted will be opinions and should not have to be qualified as such as it should be self-evident that that is what they are.

Don't know who you're trying to convert by policing threads on Jean Grey, Father Riptide, but I assure you the effort is in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    Candy looked AWESOME under Johny Byrne always.
    You can tell he would actually use a classy magazine for inspiration/swiping clothes at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    I agree, Candy was a great member of the extended cast and I was pretty bummed out when she was killed off by Cameron Hodge - seemed like such a waste.
    Louise Simonson practically killed off all of the powerful x-related women. I used to think she limited herself to New Mutants, now I realize she was doing it in XF too!

This is a forum for discussing fictional comic books. As taste is subjective, virtually everything posted will be opinions and should not have to be qualified as such as it should be self-evident that that is what they are.
    and as such i asked you if you know what people say about opinions

Don't know who you're trying to convert by policing threads on Jean Grey, Father Riptide, but I assure you the effort is in vain.
    policing? did I police anithing? I just espressed my opinion like you did yours why would you even think I give a damn about converting you?
    Last edited by RiptideX; 07-24-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    She sings directly to the sheep, "Oh noble sheep, we eat your babies. We use your brain to fight off rabies, but the most beautiful gift you give us is wool."

murdershewrote, change your mind, or we will do it for you.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by RiptideX View Post
    and as such i asked you if you know what people say about opinions

policing? did I police anithing? I just espressed my opinion like you did yours why would you even think I give a damn about converting you?
    You did a bit more than share an opinion, you accused him of being threatened by the character. Let's not be disingenuous, RiptideX. j'accuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    You did a bit more than share an opinion, you accused him of being threatened by the character. Let's not be disingenuous, RiptideX. j'accuse!
    But I never tried to convert him and I did not express certainity I said and I quote myself "sadly...appear ..kinda"-