Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by _Pandora_ View Post
    Ben Grimm is still his new purple self. Like here
    Don't forget he's only purple when he uses his powers..

As for the New FF? It really depends what purpose for reforming a group they have. Johnny Storm seems pretty busy right now, so he would only be a member if they formed the new team in an effort to help Johnny. In this case I would like it to be Sue, Ben, Nova, and obviously Johnny. If they don't get completely involved with what Johnny's doing he wouldn't be a part of the team, so you'd need to replace both Reed and Johnny, and then the team could be Sue, Ben, Nova, and Mar Vehl. If I get to ignore all the current plot lines and pull a team from anywhere my favorite team would be Johnny, Sue, Ben, and Bobby Drake. I like the idea of a really diversely powered team. Johnny and Bobby are opposites, and so are Ben and Sue. Sue's power being essentially highly effective defensive abilities, while Ben's ability is raw offense. It'd make for an entertaining book, and it'd be good to see a team of super heroes not working for the government. Sue's intellligence would obviously make her leader of the team, so to answer the OP's question: Sue
    Last edited by Trallis; 07-23-2012 at 11:39 PM.

BANNED

I think Betty would make a nice replacement to Ben's previous form. A super strong brawler.

I don't really want Nova to join any team really. Instead he could be like the silver surfer and only join forces with FF on some occasions. Then he should get his own mini.

I think one completely new character on the team would be excellent.

I don't want Johnny to return to the FF because I don't enjoy having too many 'fast flying + projectile offensive energy characters' on a superhero team. For example I don't like it when the X-Men have characters like Cyclopse, Havok and Chamber together. If Johnny joined the FF with Ben on the team, he'd only seem like a weaker version of him.

I'd like to see Johnny as an unofficial member of the X-Men AND a supporting character in UCSM with Miles every few arcs or so. Johnny would float about between the two titles.

Every time this discussion comes up I say the same thing:

Sue, Ben, Nova, and Mahr Vel. Setting up a new Baxter Building/ Project Pegasus/ THink Tank hybrid. Carol Danvers, Wendell Vaughn, the Think Tank kiddies, and Molekevic as supporting characters.

Marvel make that I will buy several copies of each issue to say thank-you.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Captain Mahr-Vehl's my definitive choice.

Anyone science-y, so The Falcon and Spiderwoman would be good picks, I think.
    Ah then we could see if the Johnny Storm relationship actually happened.

Some people mentioned the Inhumans, so I got a question.

Who from the Ultimate Inhumans could possibly join as a new fourth member?

Ben, Sue, Enamored and Panther would be my suggestion for a new 4 book. Johnny seems to have a home with the X-books now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Ben, Sue, Enamored and Panther would be my suggestion for a new 4 book. Johnny seems to have a home with the X-books now.
    but I was thinking since the rest of the former FF are doing nothing, they could join johnny in helping mutants. At this point it seems like Ultimate X-Men is splitting into 2 stories, so it would be easy to just take johnny's storyline out of X-men and give FF a book about helping mutants.

How about the Inhuman Crystal has a new fourth member? I did some reading up on her Ultimate counterpart, and it sounds like to me that she would fit in nicely on the team. The history with Johnny could make for some good chemistry. Her powers might make the Fantastic Four a formidable team.

So far from everyones suggestions & my own, I like She-Hulk, Spiderwoman, & Crystal.

She-Hulk not having any relationship with the FF in the UU does make this a little bit of a echo of the 616. Although a Betty Ross She-Hulk sounds exciting & interesting. I'm sure she would give a new FF plenty of resources being the daughter of Thunderbolt Ross. Although her power is mainly strength, and so is Ben, so she might be a bit too redundant.

Spiderwoman is one of Johnny's past flames (LOL). And in the UU she is a clone of Peter Parker. Mentioning the 616 again, Peter Parker joined the FF in the event of Johnny's temporary death, and was friends with Johnny. Ultimate Peter Parker was also friends with Johnny. So being that Spiderwoman is a clone of Peter Parker, it makes her an interesting potential new member. Peter Parker can't join the FF in the UU because he's dead, but his clone can. And she is a past flame (LOL) of Johnny. She fits nicely on the team with all those things. Although I would hope Spiderwoman joining the Ultimate FF wouldn't make some fans think the UU is just playing off Spider-Man joining the FF in the 616. I wouldn't want the Ultimate Universe to look cheap like that, so Spiderwoman would be a nice fit, but IMHO comes with some possible risks to the fanbase.

I'm not too certain about Crystal though. She is a former member of the FF in the 616. But I'm guessing alot of Marvel fans either don't know that or just plain forgot about it. It was a long time ago, so it wouldn't taint her joining the FF in the UU at all IMHO. She is also a past flame (LOL) of Johnny, and she has a good past with the FF. One thing that I find to be a risk of her joining the team though is that she might be too powerful. As I said above, she could help the team be more powerful & formidable. But I wonder if she would make them too powerful & too formidable.

Other suggestions for Tony Stark, Black Panther, & characters like that...I think would be a bad move. Those characters always seem to be smitten with Sue. And I feel that those type of characters could over shadow Ben Grimm (because Ben is now engaged to Sue, and I wouldn't want anyone to over shadow Ben in the FF, because IMO Ben would be taking over has the man of the house in the FF now).

Completely not intentional I seem to be more in favor of a female character joining than a male character.

How does everyone else feel about this?

Mahr-Vel or Namor (if he is still alive!)

I believe the ultimate choice for a new member to join Sue, Ben , & Johnny to make a new Fantastic Four should be somebody with a long history with the FF, and should come straight out of the pages of "Ultimate Fantastic Four".

My search for the ultimate answer as led me to this character. This character meets all the criteria that I believe a new member should have. To me this character joining the FF would scream Ultimate Universe, and would truly make them the Ultimate Fantastic Four.

The Ultimate version of The Silver Surfer. His real name is still Norin Radd, but in the UU he is called THE SILVER SEARCHER!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ultimate_Silver_Surfer.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	97677

(Some background info on the Silver Searcher from wikipedia)
    In Ultimate Fantastic Four #42, another Ultimate incarnation of the Silver Surfer appears, called the Silver Searcher. He is teleported to Earth after Reed mistakes him for a star that he is trying to harness. His appearance triggers planet-wide chaos and natural calamities. In #43, Reed comments that Gah Lak Tus seems to have modeled its drones on this surfer, and he gives his name as Norin Radd. The Searcher states that he will summon his "master", who will make the population of the Earth happier than they have ever been.[74]

In #44, the Surfer's master is revealed to be Zenn-La's ruler, Revka Temerlune Edifex Scyros III, "the king without enemies", who uses mind-control to make the population of Earth worship him (before it takes effect on the Fantastic Four, the Human Torch calls him "Psycho-Man"). It is revealed that the Surfer has been exiled from Zenn-La for destroying the control that Psycho-Man had over Zenn-La, but because of finding Earth for his master to "save" he may return. After Psycho-Man gains domain over Earth, the Silver Surfer, temporarily imprisoned in his own 'memorial' statue, rescues Mr. Fantastic, tells him his story, and asks him to save Earth. The Surfer then helps the Fantastic Four defeat other Surfer-like assassins of Psycho-Man. With the Surfers beaten and the insane Psycho-Man reprogrammed to experience the unthinking happiness he had imposed on others, Silver Surfer wanders the space ways.

I'm just going to throw my theroy of a Scorpion clone Peter that is fixed up and now has the memories of early-life Peter Parker. However, he quickly catches up with the rest of the world and thus leaves Miles the role of Spider-Man. Instead, Peter takes up a team of superheroes (either joined the X-Men or...) becoming the team leader of the new Fantastic Four. That would be so awesome.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Spider-Woman, Namor, She Hulk, Jen Walters, Carol Danvers, Reed (as his community service), HERBIE

How does everyone feel about having 2 human torches on the team? Sue, Ben, Johnny, & Liz Allan or Frankie Raye http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_(Frankie_Raye)

Seems to me that Liz Allan could easily make the jump from X-Men to FF.

If they relaunched UFF I would love to see She Hulk and Nova on the team with Ben and Sue.
    Top 5 Books: Daredevil, Batwoman, Batman, Punisher, Wolverine and the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Fallentaco View Post
    If they relaunched UFF I would love to see She Hulk and Nova on the team with Ben and Sue.
    When everyone says Nova, do they mean Nova Corps Nova or Frankie Raye Nova?

I also like She-Hulk as a new member.