Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics 2012

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Puppetmaker Grae View Post
    Gold at the World Championships at Shanghai 2011, 2 Silvers at the World Championships at Dubai 2010, and 2 Golds at the Asian Games at Guangzhou 2010 hardly counts as "no titles to her name" though.
    My bad. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Princess View Post
    If a 16-year-old female track runner with no titles to her name outran Usain Bolt in the last 30m of the 100m and beat her own best time by five full seconds, wouldn't we be skeptical? We would be skeptical if a MAN did that, let alone a woman.
    Even after she had been repeatedly checked for drug use and won several world level competitions previously?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Even after she had been repeatedly checked for drug use and won several world level competitions previously?
    Like Marion Jones? Or Barry Bonds?

*edit* Just to clarify: if she's passing Olympic style testing, then the questions are moot as far as I'm concerned. However, it IS true that newer and newer drugs get made every day and it's possible that they'll pass tests. Not saying that's true for this girl. But let's not act like China hasn't been banned en masse for doping in swimming.
    Last edited by Diamond Princess; 08-01-2012 at 04:34 PM.

I'm rooting for America, Japan, Africa(Don't know the participants haha) and Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    I'm rooting for America, Japan, Africa(Don't know the participants haha) and Japan
    So, cheering for two countries (one mentioned twice) and then an entire continent...okay.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

I'm rooting for the best to win cleanly, and for the chicken-shit whining to be silenced
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I'm rooting for the best to win cleanly, and for the chicken-shit whining to be silenced
    I root for who isn't being sucked on by NBC.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    The problem is that as funny as that is, and how well he takes it is, he's still Boris Johnson. He's still a Tory who supports this government's policies.
    Very true.

I'd still rather have Boris than Louise Mensch.

So to speak.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

I really enjoyed watching Marcel Nguyen win Germany's first men's all-around Olympic medal since 1936.
    He is the least arrogant of the 3 strong gymnasts we had, and both Hambüchen and Boy choked while nobody saw Nguyen coming to take Silver.

My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Of course NBC. Out of all of Team USA Judo. You hook onto Harrison.

And she's facing a Chris Adams protege.

*rubs bridge of nose*
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

Olympic boxing is a joke, anymore.

I remember when it was one of the highlights of the games, now it's just shit.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Congratulations Kayla Harrison. You are the new NBC Sob story poster child!!

Sure they'll praise your gold medal, but they really want to exploit your sad past.

And match wise, Gemma and Kayla shouldn't be proud of their performances.

PS: NBC...it's 1/2:0 not 2:0. Learn the sport, idiots.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    He might be a bumbling baffoon, but you've got to admit he seems to be well aware of it and has a sense of humour about it.
    Not to mention that, buffoonish as he is:

When one asked how he was feeling, he replied “very, very well thank you”, before shouting: "Get me a rope, get me a ladder" to bystanders.

“It’s very, very well organised,” he assured them. “It’s going well so far. Right.”

According to eyewitnesses, he spent the intervening minutes waving his flags and leading the audience in cheering on British gold medal-winning rowers.
    Now that is a man who is on the ball. There can't be many politicians who'd pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clarkie View Post
    This is the point I often try to make to you - We don't see it! "London and the South-East" is right and wrong as a term. A lot of rich folk get the money, tell it to the normal folk in Rye or Hastings or Worthing or Guildford or Woking or Andover or the bleeding Medway, let alone Hackney, Stonebridge, Acton, Welling etc - WE DON"T DON"T GET THAT MONEY! WE GET TO SEE IT THROWN IN OUR FACES 24/7!
    You know the last time the roads round here got fixed up?

It was a few months ago but only the roads being used by Olympic cyclists. And then there's the local bridge that's been a temporary replacement for fifty years...
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

spoilers:
    Gabby Douglas gets Gold in the women's all around gymnastics final!
    end of spoilers

on a related note f*ck NBC so hard, your site goes down during the middle, it is less than legal for me from here on out.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 08-02-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Liked Deadpool before it was cool...