Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

People need to relax. Just because they changed the issue number doesnt mean that they changed the character or anything. Captain Anerica will still throw a shield. Iron man will still be a billionaire playboy. Just enjoy the story instead of wondering if the story conflicts with something printed 45 years ago

Just be thankful its not a reboot of the characters as what DC did.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    Some people at the X-Men area said WatX sucks. Doesnt feel like X-Men at all, they praised Uncanny as one of the best runs ever.

Also, how enjoyable is the WatX AVX tie in?
    The issue focusing on Rachel was very good, overall the problem with WatX is that it is somewhat uneven and feels very scatter shot, compared to normal team books and the large number of characters are pretty lose in how they have development. You will usually get the most development in issues like the Rachel one where they focus almost exclusively on one character, most often Wolverine but at times other members of the cast.

It is less about drama and more about action, fun and cool moments. Still, it is the new main title of the line for better or worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    The issue focusing on Rachel was very good, overall the problem with WatX is that it is somewhat uneven and feels very scatter shot, compared to normal team books and the large number of characters are pretty lose in how they have development. You will usually get the most development in issues like the Rachel one where they focus almost exclusively on one character, most often Wolverine but at times other members of the cast.

It is less about drama and more about action, fun and cool moments. Still, it is the new main title of the line for better or worst.
    I like WatX, but I agree that it is not as dramatic as other X-titles. As I see it, the main problem is the cast is way too big. I think they are trying to sell readers on the young characters and see who sticks, but it feels so crowded. I still like it, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of.
    "That's the thing about the Phoenix. There always has to be destruction... Before rebirth. " - Scott Summers

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Well for NEW READERS it's less expensive to dive into more books and since everything is all neat is less confusing if they want to go back and pick up older issues.
    Does anyone go back issue hunting blind? Is it Marvel's fault if consumers can't do a little research, especially considering they provide the tools to become informed? Does Marvel have an obligation to forego current revenue in order to help second-hand sales they see no profit in? We could argue causalities, but I'm sure Marvel's done tha math and it just works better for them this way.

How did you reach that conclusion.
    Years of reading comics? When was the last time that a "Bold new direction!" made a signifigant sales improvement on it's first issue without a.) a name change (ie; New X-Men, Dark Avengers) b.) renumbering to #1 (ie; Heroes Reborn, Heroes Return, New 52) or c.) both (ie; New Avengers)?
    Omactivate! RIP

Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    Just be thankful its not a reboot of the characters as what DC did.
    Agreed. If they pulled the same lunatic reboot I would not only cry foul, but also cry phony baloney.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!