Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Pick characters that are interesting enough to carry a long running series. Then you won't have this problem.
    Cause Daredevil and the Punisher are doing a lot in AvX!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Cause Daredevil and the Punisher are doing a lot in AvX!
    Hey now. Someone had to not-quite-win a fight against Psylocke!

Living on crumbs isn't so bad once you get used to it. Don't you enjoy waiting for the previews just to see if your favorite character makes it to the cast page?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Hey now. Someone had to not-quite-win a fight against Psylocke!

Living on crumbs isn't so bad once you get used to it. Don't you enjoy waiting for the previews just to see if your favorite character makes it to the cast page?
    EXACTLY! I mean, I got so excited when I heard DB was coming back!

You read it already?!?
    (Speaking of which, is it coming out the beginning of August or middle?)
    Last edited by GCA-FF; 07-23-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    Superior Spider-Man - Venom - Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey17 View Post
    I was very foruntate to read an advance copy of the issue.

No Direct spoilers for me but a few thoughts.

1. Jason Aaron really get's Spidey. From the Jokes to Power and Responsibilty. Especially the latter in this Issue.

2. I got the chills reading it a second time. This Issue Defines to Me what Spidey is and what he should be all the time.

3. If you're reading this Wacker, you got to get Jason another Spidey book SOON.

Also I'll throught this out there. This issue is very remincent of Spidey's first encounter with Morlun. NUFF said.
    Well I was gonna buy it anyway as I've been following AVX but glad that it sounds like a good read.

No Transonic in man.

However something does change. A MAJOR status quo change in the Marvel Universe in this issue. When you see the book you'll know what I mean.
    A major status quo change in the Marvel Universe is in this issue? Okay you have me more interested in the issue then I already was lol.

Just in case if you think I"m for real the Mods can vouch for me. ;)
    Well I have no reason to not believe you so it's alright Smokey17.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    I'm so jizzed for this issue...
    Ewwwwwww.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAltarOfMyEgo View Post
    Clean-up on aisle 7...
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Following the A-listers can get boring after a while because they appear so often that everything you need to know about them is flat out exposited (is that a word?) to you or shown in no uncertain terms. With the more obscure characters you have a bit more freedom to fill in the gaps and use your imagination to mold the character's image in your own mind.
    But then you're only going to end up disappointed when the character's next appearance runs completely contrary to what you built up in your head.

Wolverine isn't popular because he appears in a lot of books. Wolverine appears in a lot of books because he is popular. If you look at his early run in X-Men. He wasn't shilled or anything, and didn't make guest appearances everywhere. In fact, he was basically the Guy Gardner of the X-Men. The jerk character that was always being shut down by the other characters. But he had a great design, cool powers and his personality was so much more vibrant than the vanilla 05 that he became something bigger. Some characters simply have the "IT" factor and some don't. Spider-Man was simply a throwaway story Stan always wanted to tell attached to last issue of a cancelled title. Stan never expected anything to come from it.

Look at Nova, Speedball and Darkhawk. All are basically the Spider-Man character of their respective decades, but ultimately they never quite clicked the way Spidey did. (Nova at least had some modest success.)

I don't only follow A-listers, but I'm realistic enough to know why the C listers I like aren't deserving of the spotlight. You either have it or you don't.

I'm more annoyed that one hero always makes things worst.

Fear Itself: Hey Odin! Instead of freaking out at your son and taking the Asgardians away, why don't you say "There's a bad man wandering the Earth! Let's stop him before he causes more problems!"
    And don't get me started on AvX or Civil War.
    With AvX, I think it's been inevitable in the last few years that Cyclops was going to go all Magneto-ish. They've been building that up for a while. I don't think the execution of the AvX storyline has been the best, especially considering tie-ins keep coming out before the core issue of the series that sets them up, which makes things very confusing. I think I've even liked those tie-ins more than the core series.
    I had a letter printed once in Amazing Spider-Man #604!

Before Marvel NOW!, my pull list was 14 Marvel books. Now, it's more like 5 Marvel, 7 DC, and a few indies.

Twitter: @RRiddell3

Sounds great.

Preview is up. I'm itching to read that one!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fourze View Post
    Preview is up. I'm itching to read that one!
    He just haaaaad to plug Uncle Ben in there. You know Spider-Man, more stuff has happened in your life than just Uncle Ben. I mean, Gwen would be a better example of Good Guys not always winning. I mean, I don't think Hope is going to care who you are.

He just haaaaad to plug Uncle Ben in there. You know Spider-Man, more stuff has happened in your life than just Uncle Ben. I mean, Gwen would be a better example of Good Guys not always winning. I mean, I don't think Hope is going to care who you are.
    The thing was that Peter allowed that robber to run pass him and didn't even bother to try to stop him. Only for him to later on kill Uncle Ben. Thus Peter finally understanding what his uncle telling him about power & responsibility.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstorm View Post
    The thing was that Peter allowed that robber to run pass him and didn't even bother to try to stop him. Only for him to later on kill Uncle Ben. Thus Peter finally understanding what his uncle telling him about power & responsibility.
    Oh, I get that.
    But she said "Don't the good guys always win" and he said "Tell that to Uncle Ben." That doesn't really disprove her point. It was more bad coincidences.

Oh, I get that.
    But she said "Don't the good guys always win" and he said "Tell that to Uncle Ben." That doesn't really disprove her point. It was more bad coincidences.
    Maybe he's got rice on his mind. They are in a foreign country, you know.

I thought it was odder that she seems to have decided the Avengers are the good guys... presuming she's not being sarcastic.

The big shocker of ASM 700 is that Pete forgets to add Uncle Ben's death to a random conversation about glucose intolerance and New York explodes because of it

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

She did based on the New Avengers tie-in, but all the tie-ins have been so far out of coherency with the story that it's anyone's guess what's real and what's not. Though for what Spider-Man said, personally, I'd say that Captain Stacy would've been a better example. Probably even Ben Reilly, Mattie Franklin or even Black Goliath would have been good examples. But I guess they were just going for something anyone who recognizes Spider-Man would know.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.