Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

...or put spoilers in spoiler tags for those people who want to be spoiled?
    Not that i want.
    Just some people, y'know. Maybe someone who isn't really reading AvX and would get into it by knowing what'll happen to Spidey. But that's totally not me.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    lets hold off on question answers and spoilers.
    Sorry, just really want to know what's going to happen to her!

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    Not that i want.
    Just some people, y'know. Maybe someone who isn't really reading AvX and would get into it by knowing what'll happen to Spidey. But that's totally not me.
    They can buy it on Thursday if they need to confirm spoilers online.

We don't really have discussion of advance spoilers that result from someone getting their hands on something early.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    They can buy it on Thursday if they need to confirm spoilers online.

We don't really have discussion of advance spoilers that result from someone getting their hands on something early.
    You mean next Thursday, right?
    ...or wait, did AvX come out this week?

I haven't been reading AvsX but I've really been looking forward to this single issue because of Spidey's big role and the fact that it's by Jason Aaron and Adam Kubert, the same team as the fantastic Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine. Good to hear it's full of great Spidey moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    AvX #8 came out this week.
    I had a letter printed once in Amazing Spider-Man #604!

Before Marvel NOW!, my pull list was 14 Marvel books. Now, it's more like 5 Marvel, 7 DC, and a few indies.

Twitter: @RRiddell3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheAltarOfMyEgo View Post
    AvX #8 came out this week.
    Thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey17 View Post
    I was very foruntate to read an advance copy of the issue.

No Direct spoilers for me but a few thoughts.

1. Jason Aaron really get's Spidey. From the Jokes to Power and Responsibilty. Especially the latter in this Issue.

2. I got the chills reading it a second time. This Issue Defines to Me what Spidey is and what he should be all the time.

3. If you're reading this Wacker, you got to get Jason another Spidey book SOON.

Also I'll throught this out there. This issue is very remincent of Spidey's first encounter with Morlun. NUFF said.
    You sir, are making my bacon sizzle.

Can't wait for this now!

Is there going to be a special thursday release?

I thought it was a week from Wednesday?
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

I guess people will stop pretending like Spider-Man doesn't do anything in events!

People don't have to pretend anything..Unless you count the Spidey centric events like Spider Island & Ends of the earth (which I'm guessing aren't the same type events people are talking about) Spidey hasn't been all that relavent to an event since Civil War. And really I don't see why Spidey not having a huge role in every single damn event irritates some people so much...Being the most popular fictional character in Marvel's library doesn't = being one the most important in universe.

Spidey having a huge role in Civil War made perfect sense seeing as how he was Tony's right hand man but personally seeing Spidey doing something uber cool or important just for the hell of it during an event doesn't really do anything for me...If it fits the context of the story cool BUT if it's something that just comes way out of left field just for the sake of being made to look cool I don't really care that much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    People don't have to pretend anything..Unless you count the Spidey centric events like Spider Island & Ends of the earth (which I'm guessing aren't the same type events people are talking about) Spidey hasn't been all that relavent to an event since Civil War. And really I don't see why Spidey not having a huge role in every single damn event irritates some people so much...Being the most popular fictional character in Marvel's library doesn't = being one the most important in universe.

Spidey having a huge role in Civil War made perfect sense seeing as how he was Tony's right hand man but personally seeing Spidey doing something uber cool or important just for the hell of it during an event doesn't really do anything for me...If it fits the context of the story cool BUT if it's something that just comes way out of left field just for the sake of being made to look cool I don't really care that much.
    That's what I meant. People keep whining about how Spider-Man isn't the center of these events. But the man has his own events. Let that glory hog settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart48 View Post
    Is there going to be a special thursday release?

I thought it was a week from Wednesday?
    By Thursday, I am referring to the day after Avengers VS X-Men #9 comes out.

It was a response to MorningMoon's comment about whether advance spoilers should be allowed for those who might make the decision to buy the issue based on the spoilers.

Not that i want.
    I believe that anyone who wants spoilers in order to make the decision on whether or not to pick up the comic can wait until the day after the issues comes out when there will be plenty of spoilers.

But on the Spider-Man board at CBR, we're not going to have discussion of the advance spoilers that result from a member getting a copy early.

Discussions about advance spoilers in an interview or a preview of some sorts are allowed, as everyone here would have access to the same information. One problem with discussing spoilers when only one person has read the issue is that there's stuff the others won't know, such as how well or how poorly a development was executed.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Not that i want.
    Nope. Spoiler tags dont matter in this case. Board rules are no spoilers until the issue is out. I dont mind and will allow a pump you up post like smokey started with.... We've all have access to cover of the issue which shows spidey all torn up on it. But ask and answer spoiler sessions should wait till the book is released.

edit-

I see Mets has already said the same thing.

I was guessing this would be a awesome issue anyways,just by the solicits of this issue.
    Nice to see a confirmation that AvX#9 will be a great Spider-Man story.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

I'm so jizzed for this issue...
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison