Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    Loa is the cute girl with the tattoos who can tear things apart with a touch, Surge is the cute one with the blue hair and electricity.
    Only around 198 mutants left in existence and still too many for me to keep up with. Where are the Purifiers when you need 'em?
    I had a letter printed once in Amazing Spider-Man #604!

Before Marvel NOW!, my pull list was 14 Marvel books. Now, it's more like 5 Marvel, 7 DC, and a few indies.

Twitter: @RRiddell3

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Including Surge, Pixie, Loa, and others?
    I wasn't the only one who saw Pixie and Armor standing next to Gambit and Storm right? Or did i go blind when Loa stayed behind in AA? Or deaf when Gambit said that other mutants were leaving Utopia? Their fine for the moment unless the previews for AvX 10 say differently i mean what the hell is going on with Emma on Utopia?
    Last edited by Harbinger_of_Kaos; 08-03-2012 at 04:55 PM.

You are pissing me off!! wolverine316's Avatar

I don't think Spidey gets enough respect from the rest of the Marvel universe. But last time I checked he beat Firelord, Juggernaut, toyed with the X-Men in Secret Wars, and now a Phoenix powered Colossus and sister. Way to go webhead!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheAltarOfMyEgo View Post
    Only around 198 mutants left in existence and still too many for me to keep up with. Where are the Purifiers when you need 'em?
    How about we kill Venom and Kaine while we're at it!

Just because you don't know EVERYONE doesn't mean they all should die!

BANNED

Which ones are Surge and Loa again?
    Loa is Namor's Grandaughter. She's like Kitty but she burns through things she phases through. Is a surfer, has line tatoos and LOVES ICECREAM!
    Surge was leader of the New X-Men, Japanese, electrical gloves, blue hair.

THEY ARE AWESOME!

Loa is Namor's Grandaughter. She's like Kitty but she burns through things she phases through. Is a surfer, has line tatoos and LOVES ICECREAM!

THEY ARE AWESOME!
    Okay i got ask or else it will drive me up the wall, where is it said that Loa is fishsticks grandaughter? I know she is an honorary citizen, i know that she can breathe underwater, but please someone explain the granddaughter deal.

How about we kill Venom and Kaine while we're at it!

Just because you don't know EVERYONE doesn't mean they all should die!
    Eh...I don't ever expect Venom or Kaine to have the spotlight in events, though. If they do (like in Spider-Island), it's a pleasant surprise, but I'm not gonna have a conniption if they aren't. If they get killed off, it's no big deal to me, either. At the end of the day, it's just a comic book to me.

That said, an event as heavily marketed and publicized as "Avengers Vs. X-Men" is going to primarily leave the spotlight on the "A-list" characters for a reason.

Before Marvel NOW!, my pull list was 14 Marvel books. Now, it's more like 5 Marvel, 7 DC, and a few indies.

I'm still a little confused about something. Do all the world's mutants live on Utopia now? Are they all considered to be X-Men or just the teachers, fighters, and students?

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    I'm still a little confused about something. Do all the world's mutants live on Utopia now? Are they all considered to be X-Men or just the teachers, fighters, and students?
    Before Schism, a majority of the mutants that were left lived on Utopia aside from those that refused the call like Mystique, Shadow King, Daken, ect or those who later left like Beast. These days it's it's been cut down since there were those who went with Wolverine to Westchester. As for X-Men, it became synonymous for mutantkind after they had been gathered to Utopia but it was kinda an in name only since not all of them are given X-Men duties but as citizens of Utopia can be called on to defend it should the need arise.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

THEY ARE AWESOME!
    Loa i s Awesome

Surge is a Bully, a Bigot and a douche
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Loa i s Awesome

Surge is a Bully, a Bigot and a douche
    Bad writers make her a bully, a bigot and a douche, but she was a very good leader for the New X-Men. But then people had to make her seem mean so that poor old X-23 and poor old Jubilee can feel bad, (Even though she has a point in both arguments.)

Eh...I don't ever expect Venom or Kaine to have the spotlight in events, though. If they do (like in Spider-Island), it's a pleasant surprise, but I'm not gonna have a conniption if they aren't. If they get killed off, it's no big deal to me, either. At the end of the day, it's just a comic book to me.

That said, an event as heavily marketed and publicized as "Avengers Vs. X-Men" is going to primarily leave the spotlight on the "A-list" characters for a reason.
    I think events aren't doing enough. Shouldn't they get people excited about the more obscure characters instead of fueling the same A-List for another year?

I am sure this has been said already somewhere among the 15 previous pages of posts on this issue but I just my copy yesterday, read it, loved it and have to say: this is what Spidey in the Avengers for the previous 8 years should have been like. Bendis essentially wasted many an opportunity but.....well done, Jason Aaron!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

I think events aren't doing enough. Shouldn't they get people excited about the more obscure characters instead of fueling the same A-List for another year?
    I can't say anything for all events, but with an event like "Avengers Vs. X-Men" that is mass-marketed with the idea of attracting in people who don't buy comic books, why would they put focus on characters the general public isn't familiar with? And with a Spider-Man-centric event like "Spider-Island," why wouldn't the focus be on Spider-Man?

The bigger question, perhaps, is if you think these things are being handled so terribly, why don't you spend your money on books you enjoy instead of books that continue to disappoint you? Not trying to be rude (I realize that the Internet makes it easy to imply these things), but it is something to consider.

Best issue of the event to date
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I am sure this has been said already somewhere among the 15 previous pages of posts on this issue but I just my copy yesterday, read it, loved it and have to say: this is what Spidey in the Avengers for the previous 8 years should have been like. Bendis essentially wasted many an opportunity but.....well done, Jason Aaron!
    Exactly....I would say the same.

I bought Avengers comics Bendis era to see for this kind of spidey moment, it didnt happen

And I am suprise why some didnt like to have Spidey this moment to shine.

Superman and Batman....have so many books, are member of teams yet they are the forefront in all DC events.

How come Spidey cant do them same...His moment gave heart to the AVX which was lacking.
    Last edited by pedroparkero; 08-04-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: grammar