Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "The Dark Knight Rises" Has Record-Breaking Midnight Gross

Christopher Nolan's final installment in the "Batman" trilogy opens to a record-breaking $28-$30 million box office gross amidst the tragic shooting in Aurora, Colorado.

Full article here.

Damn that awesome.

BANNED

what was the previous record?

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    what was the previous record?
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2, with $43.5 million... Which makes the headline make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

And Twilight: Eclipse had a $30 million midnight opening
    It may be small but it shoots quick!

Quote Originally Posted by TBoarder View Post
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2, with $43.5 million... Which makes the headline make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Yeah I double checked this number and it is correct, and TDKR according to other sources made what CBRnews said...so maybe they mean non-3D record?

Quote Originally Posted by TBoarder View Post
    Yeah I actually looked that up and was puzzled. I guess second place is a record though? Maybe a record for non 3D films since HP: DH 2 was 3D and had an added price tag. Also it did beat the Avengers.

I saw DKR today, and it is the worst of the 3 movies, I see this movie puttering out QUICK. Noone I know that has seen it thinks it's a great movie. It's convoluted beyond convoluted, with way too much rehashing stuff from previous movies. As well as an extremely flimsy badly written story. Best part, though is Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle. She does play the part very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsavini781 View Post
    I saw DKR today, and it is the worst of the 3 movies, I see this movie puttering out QUICK. Noone I know that has seen it thinks it's a great movie. It's convoluted beyond convoluted, with way too much rehashing stuff from previous movies. As well as an extremely flimsy badly written story. Best part, though is Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle. She does play the part very well.
    Just your opinion. The LA Times review was glowing, and Kenneth Turan is noted for being harsh at times. When he kicks off his review with "Truly, darkly genius" then you know it's going to be something.

It was good... but not as good as The Avengers!

Quote Originally Posted by razorsharpe View Post
    It was good... but not as good as The Avengers!
    You're right it was better than Avengers. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bsavini781 View Post
    Count me as the someone who liked the movie. I thought it was brilliant, especially the way it tied back into the other two movies. Nolan is a fantastic storyteller.
    "...a little revolution every now and then isn't just a good thing, sometimes it may be the only way forward."
    http://www.wyldcardstudio.com and http://www.wyldcardstudio.com/uncanny

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Just your opinion. The LA Times review was glowing, and Kenneth Turan is noted for being harsh at times. When he kicks off his review with "Truly, darkly genius" then you know it's going to be something.
    So, since critics are always right, and they rate The Avengers as better than DKR, we can agree that Avengers was the better film, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by JudasCole View Post
    So, since critics are always right, and they rate The Avengers as better than DKR, we can agree that Avengers was the better film, yes?
    No, because Anne Hathaway looks better in a skintight outfit.

I just was shocked to read such a positive headline from a guy like Turan, and one about a Batfilm, at that.

Avengers the better film? No, there are more things wrong with it than the entire Nolan Bat-trilogy, and the Phantom Menace ending sucked. It's an effects extravaganza that falls short but one that's a great thrill ride nonetheless. And who didn't enjoy seeing those characters in one film?