Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MadJak5150 View Post
    I think that whoever takes over from here would be stupid to even attempt to replicate anything that Nolan has done. Start fresh, get a new angle/perspective on the whole thing, and yes, allow it to be a little more fantastical. It can still be "fantastical" without being "silly."

And please, for the love of God, make the next Batman a freaking DETECTIVE, not just a rich thug with some smart friends.
    I agree with you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    It will probably be several years before the next movie. But I'm pretty sure there won't be a Robin. And there sure as heck won't be a succession of Robins. That just wouldn't work in a movie.
    I agree with you Captain Jim.... I can't see having all those Robins. Maybe take all Robins and combine different characteristics or aspects into one Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by WaveHeater View Post
    Mr Freeze's scenes were cut in the Dark Knight rises.
    I didn't like how Nolan did Mr. Freeze. He was just a pale guy with a shotgun that drove a beat up old ice cream truck.
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

Eh, the two time they have a live-action Robin it seemed a bit cheesy (Burt Ward and Chris O'Donelll).

I'm not sure it really works. I guess if you want "less realistic" then bringing a kin into war certainly qualifies :p

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

I would prefer the next to be a series, not a trilogy. Here's my dream series, that'll never happen (part one)

1: It's a Batman: Year One/Batman Begins-esque story with a rookie Batman starting out solo-Villain: Holiday(?), Definitely the Falcones, not sure about rogue's gallery, though, maybe Catwoman

2: Introduce Dick!Robin, maybe Babsbat. Villain: Two-Face (?)

3: Definitely introduce Babs, if Babs was introduced last film, introduce Jason, bump Dick up to Nightwing (maybe via cameo or mention, if there's not enough screentime) Villain: Killer Moth and Firefly (if it's Babs' first run)

4: Definitely introduce Jason, if he was introduced last time, use this movie to introduce a new status quo, that will be shaken up next movie(s), This movie will be styled after The Cult. Villain: Deacon Blackfire (maybe replace him with someone more well-known)

5-1: By now the audience is more than likely saying "It's been four movies already, where's Joker?" This part one of a Joker trilogy of sorts, Joker's first meeting with Batman, in the end, it will be revealed that this actually Bruce telling Babs and Jason the story as a warning to keep away from him, which serves as foreshadowing for the next two parts of the trilogy. Villain: Joker, obviously.

5-2: A Killing Joke story, you know the gist, multiple choice past, Babs gets shot, which will probably be a shock to non-comic book reading fans. Villain: Joker, duh

5-3: Of course, you know how it's going to end by now, a Death in the Family. They kill of Jason. End of the Joker 'trilogy', but not the last we see of Joker. Villain: Joker, derp.

I think to introduce every single robin and do it each film is just too much. It works when you got decades to tell a story. I think if Robin plays a part it should be just Dick and no other robins. Have him graduate to Nightwing but have only one Robin. Alternatively have Dick Nightwing already but have Jason be the Robin for the whole set. But then kill him and take it into Red hood territory but don't bring in another Robin. Also Joker needs to step aside for the next set of films. I think forcing writers to utilize other characters breeds better creativity.

I think screenwriters would naturally try to steer toward Batman origin ,Joker, and Catwoman.

NO BATGIRL. It's a relic of trying to make the dynamic duo straight or have a tit factor. Oracle hell yes, Batgirl/woman/grandma/femaleRobin.....no.

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neoblackdragon View Post
    I think to introduce every single robin and do it each film is just too much. It works when you got decades to tell a story. I think if Robin plays a part it should be just Dick and no other robins. Have him graduate to Nightwing but have only one Robin. Alternatively have Dick Nightwing already but have Jason be the Robin for the whole set. But then kill him and take it into Red hood territory but don't bring in another Robin. Also Joker needs to step aside for the next set of films. I think forcing writers to utilize other characters breeds better creativity.

I think screenwriters would naturally try to steer toward Batman origin ,Joker, and Catwoman.

NO BATGIRL. It's a relic of trying to make the dynamic duo straight or have a tit factor. Oracle hell yes, Batgirl/woman/grandma/femaleRobin.....no.
    If you're not going to do Batgirl, don't do Robin. If you're going to have Oracle, have Nightwing, instead.

Also, you're assessment of Batgirl is completely wrong (at least in most media, she's only appeared in one crappy film so far, though, so you really can't say that's how she's portrayed in the film industry, either).
    Last edited by GoldStarz; 07-20-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Barbara Gordon has only appeared in live action on TV. Barbara Wilson (niece of Alfred Pennyworth) was in the film "Batman and Robin".

Personally I hope they shy away from another reboot. Nolan did an absolute fantastic job. It's that being said, I think there's a high demand for characters like a robin or more far fetched villains that aren't too far outside the relm of realism but stand past the line nonetheless.
    I also think as someone has mentioned earlier that the fans wanna see batman be batman. On his own. Batman should be the master chemist. The great detective. The mentally Flawless as master of meditation. Perfectly fit mastering forms of fighting styles. The amazing gadgets he builds himself.

I say the next film should hit the ground running. I think the general public knows enough at this point hat if they were to do it successfully, batman could remain a top hit in the box office

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Eh, the two time they have a live-action Robin it seemed a bit cheesy (Burt Ward and Chris O'Donelll).
    They were meant to be, but I think the Robin seen in the ARKHAM CITY game provides a hint of what a more seriously-depicted, but still recognizable Robin would be like.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The comic book industry/medium is paradoxically the most fragile and most resilient thing in the world. Its noisiest critics insist every day that every cough, sputter, or dirty look threatens to destroy it, but it has survived every prediction of its demise for nearly eight decades.

BANNED

Chris O'Donnell's Robin/Nightwing was actually pretty good. I liked the scene in Forever where he was arguing with Bruce, saying he was going to kill Harvey. Great scene.

Anyway...

Alfonso Cuaron please. A more stylish Batman. Still dark, and a bit more violent. But just you know, more stylish. Not "What if Batman was in our world". I don't read Batman comics for that. And have it be a murder mystery plot. No origin story, just flashbacks to certain points in his training.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Alfonso Cuaron please. A more stylish Batman. Still dark, and a bit more violent. But just you know, more stylish. Not "What if Batman was in our world". I don't read Batman comics for that. And have it be a murder mystery plot. No origin story, just flashbacks to certain points in his training.
    This, this, this.

Batman is essentially a pulp/noir character. He's a detective, Gotham is grim and gritty, he's a man's man, hell he even has his femme fatale in Catwoman. I would love to see a Batman film that's essentially a superhero/noir flick. Michael Fassbender would be perfect for Bruce Wayne. I'd like to see a little bit more of a daring do-gooder Batman and less of "ARGHHH I'M BATMAN TAKE ME SERIOUSLY".

BANNED

haha yea. That's how i'd put it.

And with Alfonso Cuaron you'd get some truly amazing action scenes. Imagine something like this, with Batman. Just one long take where you can see everything, none of this quick cutting crap.

Just imagine a scene where Batman is methodically and stealthily taking down a load of goons, all in one take.

For the next cycle of films, I hope they DON'T rehash the origin story; it has been told to death.

I like my Batman dark and working without a Robin. And I volunteer my services if Warner Bros is looking for a producer.