Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by white_wolf View Post
    I don't mind the armored look that much, since it is used in the comics, but I wouldn't be opposed to them going a different way with it, but I agree with pretty much all of your other ideas. I also wouldn't mind seeing Killer Croc, but I'm afraid he might run the risk of coming across too much like the Lizard in the audience's eyes.
    Funny. I was just coming back to thread to add: Let there be Killer Croc. I guess great minds thin alike.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Me too. I would like to see a movie where Bruce Wayne finds being Batman an cathartic experience and not have girl problems start and stop his career.

Quote Originally Posted by WaveHeater View Post
    Mr Freeze's scenes were cut in the Dark Knight rises.

Last act occurred in June to give you an idea of how much was removed.
    Whoa, what? Seriously? Source?

Mix the tones of Batman Returns with Batman Begins and you got it

I liked how Gotham looked in Begins more than TDK. Haven't seen TDKR yet. And Returns has that macabre feel of the Batman world missing from the TDK trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Whoa, what? Seriously? Source?
    i dont think he was serious. i just saw dkr and i cant think of any way his character would have fit. even for a cameo.

and OP, you do realize that joffery is in batman begins right?
    at this point hes WAY too big to be damian. wayy too big.
    besides, i feel like in order to have damian, there would need to be so much of a back story. youd need talia. youd need to introduce her. so youd need ras. and youd need to introduce him. and youd then have to explain why its a big deal that hes got a kid with talia. and how it came about. personally, if damian would be introduced, it should be in a second film. have tim in the first. with dick as nightwing. kind of a hit the ground running approach, i know. but after 3 movies of JUST batman, i think it would be ok to kick it off with batman in the middle of his career being a genius as someone mentioned earlier. a bunch of villains already created and locked away. i mean.... batmans history is pretty common knowledge to people. they wont know who damian or talia are... but if you ask whos mr. freeze a villain for, i cant imagine ANYONE getting that wrong. or who does robin belong to. or scarecrow, riddler, etc.

I think the next reboot should be modeled after "Under the Red Hood." That movie had just the right mix of realism and fantasy for Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofMadCows View Post
    I think the next reboot should be modeled after "Under the Red Hood." That movie had just the right mix of realism and fantasy for Batman.
    personally i think jason todd goes under the issue i mentioned above with not a lot of people knowing about him. same idea, reference him in the first movie. talk about how batman cant let it go. show batman staring at the robin costume in the batcave and then flash back to the joker beating the crap out of a robin, then in a future film bring him in. id be ok with that. i just think to do it all in one movie would be quite a mission. and very risky considering many wouldnt have any idea what was going on

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_Kerr View Post
    and OP, you do realize that joffery is in batman begins right?
    at this point hes WAY too big to be damian. wayy too big.
    besides, i feel like in order to have damian, there would need to be so much of a back story. youd need talia. youd need to introduce her. so youd need ras. and youd need to introduce him. and youd then have to explain why its a big deal that hes got a kid with talia. and how it came about. personally, if damian would be introduced, it should be in a second film. have tim in the first. with dick as nightwing. kind of a hit the ground running approach, i know. but after 3 movies of JUST batman, i think it would be ok to kick it off with batman in the middle of his career being a genius as someone mentioned earlier. a bunch of villains already created and locked away. i mean.... batmans history is pretty common knowledge to people. they wont know who damian or talia are... but if you ask whos mr. freeze a villain for, i cant imagine ANYONE getting that wrong. or who does robin belong to. or scarecrow, riddler, etc.
    Not really. All you really need is it established that he's Batman's son who was raised by assassin/ninjas. You can mention Talia and Ra's, but there's no need at all to introduce them if Damian's Robin at the film's start, you can save that for a sequel. Damian may be more violent than the other Robins, but he'd translate better on the bigger picture for a number of reasons, he's a unique character, he's a cool and funny kid sidekick without meaning to, unlike all those other annoying kids you see in films, his assassin backstory means it's perfectly explainable as to why Batman would have just a kid coming along, and you don't much problem with the gay jokes since they're father and son.

perhaps its just my bias then cuz tim was my fav robin. and although im enjoying reading about damian as robin, it just doesnt feel right to me. tim was and imo still is destined to be the robin. damian may be batmans blood, but to me hes an imposter to the robin name.

Best robin to use : Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Redk View Post
    Best robin to use : Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne
    although dick would be an obvious choice, i feel like its been done so many times. films, one shots, graphic novels, tv shows all doing the dick grayson story. i wanna see more tim!!!

I really don't think anybody is going to go for a "less realistic" Batman. These films aren't made just (or even primarily) for the comics fans; they're made for the general public. The general public isn't going to want a Batman that isn't realistic.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Part of the fan of The Avengers was how it felt like a comic book, like a gift to comic fanboys and girls. The next Batman movie needs to show more of its comic book DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    I really don't think anybody is going to go for a "less realistic" Batman. These films aren't made just (or even primarily) for the comics fans; they're made for the general public. The general public isn't going to want a Batman that isn't realistic.
    Look at the success of Avengers. That was very comic book like and it did great.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Burton's Batman wasn't what I would call realistic, and it managed to be hugely successful with the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Etoma View Post
    Part of the fan of The Avengers was how it felt like a comic book, like a gift to comic fanboys and girls. The next Batman movie needs to show more of its comic book DNA.
    I agree. Nolan's Batman was fun, and was almost needed after Schumacher. But I cringe when I think of anyone else trying to take Nolan's approach. This version of Batman has gone about as far as it can, i think. And it's way past time we had a decent Robin in a Batman movie.
    Last edited by tylenoljones; 07-20-2012 at 05:46 PM.