Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So what's the secret of the suit? This issue didn't reveal anything we didn't already know.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

I like the issue better than the last the monster villain had predator look to it now Lois going out with this Jon Carroll I guess means Kal start hooking with Lucy all some other woman I hope so I dont want him waiting around for Lois also where in issue was the secret about the suit it just gave us stuff already knew.
    Last edited by Zoch; 07-26-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

One thing I REALLY liked was the scene with Clark, Jon Carrol, Lois and Lucy. I like that they're not taking the easy route by making Lois' new boyfriend into a douchebag and that there is some potential in Lucy interacting with Clark. If we have to see Lois and Clark split, at least they're doing so in an interesting way. In a lot of ways, this feels like OMD/BND done right, in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Doesn't have to be, but it makes sense if he is, considering the business meetings he'll have with companies all over the world.

Edit: If Batman is the millionaire in question, are we really doubting him knowing multiple languages? Seriously?
    From what I've experienced, it's likely that most people in Bruce's position would at least have a good working knowledge of other cultures and customs to get other businesspeople to warm up to him. That being said, while translators isn't impossible, and English is kind-of considered the language of business, knowing the other languages would certainly benefit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothdookie View Post
    BTW it felt like I time traveled to the 90s with Jurgens art and with the "Predator" showing up. They even gave it dreds and a mask. I swear if he takes it off and Superman says "You are one ugly mothertrucker" I'm done.
    Dude, if they have the cajones to have Superman even START to say that and get interrupted, I will take back almost every complaint I've had with Jurgens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Pretty sure Lobo's already in the new 52.
    Yup, he was introduced in Liefeld's arc of Deathstroke.
    Last edited by DarkKnghtJared; 07-26-2012 at 12:33 PM.

I just find it funny how both Clark and Lois--both whom have black hair--are being paired up with blondes. Still, it's not a bad angle for the Superman/Clark/Lois triangle in having Lucy essentially compete with her own sister for Clark affections. Still, the thing which has been severely lacking emphasis ever since the relaunch is Lois' attraction towards Superman. Nothing against Lois dating other guys like Jonathan Carrol and seeing Clark as just a friend, but it's just not Lois if she doesn't have some kind of crush on the Man of Steel, IMO.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

i just read it and

well

i guess this finally answers the question
    The Predator can indeed take down Superman
    which means that since Schwarzeneger took down Predator then he > Superman
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

and batman beat schwarzenegger

:O
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51RXKNAD3JL._SS500_.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	97810

Maybe this story is canon now?
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

What I really want to know is if his "armour" is "metally" or not (don't know if that makes any sense). I was indeed very happy when I saw it rip off not "break off" like it did when Superman was in Apokolips.

*getting ready for Lobdell's regime"

BANNED

It's not plated armor. It's alien fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
    This was probably the best issue so far

The dinner scene was a lot of fun, and I was interested in the villain's build up. But then he appeared and it was just the Predator who probably won't ever show up again after next month's issue.

DC can do much better than this.
    In Jurgen's defense, how much pushing of the boundaries and setting up future events / plot lines is he probably being able to do since he knows he's only filling in until a new team takes over?

One thing that did bother me was Lois' behavior during this fill-in run.

First, blaming Clark for not picking up Lucy when the whole thing was poorly arranged (hell, he didn't even realize he had "agreed" to pick her up, and Lois was too clueless to realize he hadn't really agreed) was silly.

Then, the restaurant bit of trying to stick Clark with a bill that was probably around a thousand dollars (if the two bottles of wine or champaigne she ordered were around $300 each, that's around $600 right there!) seems very petty and extremely out of touch with what's going on the world today. I know she has a big job with the broadcasting arm, but how much is newspaper reporter Clark probably making these days? Are he and Lois part of the 1% that rubs shoulders with Mitt Romney and his ilk?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Infâme et fier de l'être Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    In Jurgen's defense, how much pushing of the boundaries and setting up future events / plot lines is he probably being able to do since he knows he's only filling in until a new team takes over?

One thing that did bother me was Lois' behavior during this fill-in run.

First, blaming Clark for not picking up Lucy when the whole thing was poorly arranged (hell, he didn't even realize he had "agreed" to pick her up, and Lois was too clueless to realize he hadn't really agreed) was silly.

Then, the restaurant bit of trying to stick Clark with a bill that was probably around a thousand dollars (if the two bottles of wine or champaigne she ordered were around $300 each, that's around $600 right there!) seems very petty and extremely out of touch with what's going on the world today. I know she has a big job with the broadcasting arm, but how much is newspaper reporter Clark probably making these days? Are he and Lois part of the 1% that rubs shoulders with Mitt Romney and his ilk?
    Well, if it was a good filler, it would be fine, but seriously, Superman fighting a Predator not even well hidden rip off? And being humiliated again? Are they f.cking kidding me? Why did I buy this? I should have known after witnessing Superman being humiliated by Regan from All Star (guess she was stronger then she thought she was). Am I stupid or something?
    What do old school fans like in this? This is the very enbodiment of boring. The only that wasn't completely bad was the dinner scene, and even that wasn't nearly as funny as the funny scenes when Griffen was doing the writing part.
    As for the "secret of the suit".....hem what was it again?
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    I just find it funny how both Clark and Lois--both whom have black hair--are being paired up with blondes. Still, it's not a bad angle for the Superman/Clark/Lois triangle in having Lucy essentially compete with her own sister for Clark affections. Still, the thing which has been severely lacking emphasis ever since the relaunch is Lois' attraction towards Superman. Nothing against Lois dating other guys like Jonathan Carrol and seeing Clark as just a friend, but it's just not Lois if she doesn't have some kind of crush on the Man of Steel, IMO.
    I think it would be interesting if Lois isn't interested in Superman that way. Another poster mentioned that in the old continuity, Lois was going to turn down his proposal but they went with her accepting. I wouldn't mind her and Clark becoming great friends. Her maybe even learning his identity but not interested in anything more than friendship. A turn of the old Silver Age relationship. He's interested but its her that determines the relationship. Don't want him pining away for her but just having it a little one sided.

Let's hope that it is not an alien symbiotic organism that will attempt to bond with Superman permanently.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    and also be a ninja, scientist, hairdresser, bodybuilder, surgeon, ginecologyst, magician who can cook and has pretty hand writing?
    Some people are just awesome by nature; we collect comics, Bruce collects skills.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Great issue this month, I like that they went back to that Russian submarine story and the ending where Superman was getting his can kicked by that awesome looking alien thing was pretty damn cool. One of my favorite parts of the book aside from the fight at the end was the dinner where Clark got to meet Lois' sister, she seems pretty cool and I'm loving that whole aspect of the book. Overall the writing was fun and the plot was interesting and I absolutely love the art in this book, I can't wait to see what happens in Superman #12!