Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default THE CBR REVIEW: "The Dark Knight Rises"

While undeniably entertaining, Warner Bros. Pictures' "The Dark Knight Rises," the final chapter of Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale's Batman trilogy, "goes out with a bang and a whimper."

Full article here.

Fair review.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

BANNED

Kinda lost me after that dated Boyz II Men ref as an opening tho. LOL.

LOL Yeah I thought it seemed ill placed too.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    Kinda lost me after that dated Boyz II Men ref as an opening tho. LOL.

But otherwise a good review. :)

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

"Throughout it all, Nolan's continued fixation on Bruce Wayne over his alter-ego remains resolute"

Stuff like this always bothers me. I'm not going to see Bruce Wayne the movie. It looked from the clips that Bruce plays a larger role than Batman, which is a turn off to me.

Good review and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I will say this, I think Nolan is terrible at casting the female roles for his Batman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I will say this, I think Nolan is terrible at casting the female roles for his Batman movies.
    Why do you feel this way exactly? I thought both Katie Holmes and Maggie gyllenhaal put in great preformances.

Quote Originally Posted by Skute View Post
    Why do you feel this way exactly? I thought both Katie Holmes and Maggie gyllenhaal put in great preformances.
    I thought the opposite. Katie Holmes was pretty good actually but I couldn't stand Maggie. Didn't seem like she had any life to her.

I thought the opposite. Katie Holmes was pretty good actually but I couldn't stand Maggie. Didn't seem like she had any life to her.
    I feel it was the other way around... Holmes' acting was a total misfit in the movie, especially when paired with the amazing cast members she had... Maggie felt more serious and I woulve enjoyed seeing her in Begins instead of holmes...as for Hathaway...ill just day she's a loooooooooong way from ever even trying to match Michelle Pfeifer's catwoman.

I think the reviewer did way too much double talk and tried too hard to make it sound like he liked the movie.

"There isn't really a reason for Kyle to switch into the figure-cinching bodysuit from the tight black dresses and sleek pant/shirt combos we've seen her kicking ass in previously, but at least she's blessedly never referred to as Catwoman while wearing the thing."

Bleh, I hate it when directors turn their female characters into runway models that have to constantly switch attire for no reason. So...never referring to Selina Kyle in a batman movie as Catwoman is a good thing?....I'm confused.

Good review though, I'll be watching it on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSmitten View Post
    I feel it was the other way around... Holmes' acting was a total misfit in the movie, especially when paired with the amazing cast members she had... Maggie felt more serious and I woulve enjoyed seeing her in Begins instead of holmes...as for Hathaway...ill just day she's a loooooooooong way from ever even trying to match Michelle Pfeifer's catwoman.
    I remember not thinking Holmes was great but then after TDK I was wishing for her back so neither impressed me. As for Hathaway, I can't stand her. I don't know how she became such a critics darling but I haven't enjoyed a movie with her yet. I'm sure DKR will be at least very good, hopefully fantastic.

I remember not thinking Holmes was great but then after TDK I was wishing for her back so neither impressed me. As for Hathaway, I can't stand her. I don't know how she became such a critics darling but I haven't enjoyed a movie with her yet. I'm sure DKR will be at least very good, hopefully fantastic.
    That's true, Nolan is not that great with women HALF THE TIME, the other half he does fantastic. What no Jessica Alba? The fact that he reuses actors is very interesting to me - the entire cast of INCEPTION has been in this trilogy -but I thought Anne Hatthaway was a great choice. Remember women need to want to see this too.

Quote Originally Posted by serpico71 View Post
    That's true, Nolan is not that great with women HALF THE TIME, the other half he does fantastic. What no Jessica Alba? The fact that he reuses actors is very interesting to me - the entire cast of INCEPTION has been in this trilogy -but I thought Anne Hatthaway was a great choice. Remember women need to want to see this too.
    What? No, the entire cast of Inception hasn't been in Nolan's Batman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by serpico71 View Post
    What? No, the entire cast of Inception hasn't been in Nolan's Batman movies.