Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaric Rivad View Post
    Tony Stark, by two landslides.

Why is this even a question?
    Quoted for truth! I don't see how it's even a question. On Marvel Wiki it states that Tony is in the top 3 smartest people in the world. They only 2 people ahead of him is Reed and Doom. That's it. Parker is not even in the top 10.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 07-19-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Earmites View Post
    It wasn't a box of scraps. He was given all the tools and materials to build a weapon. It isn't like he made that suit out of cave moss and discarded aluminum cans... the setting of where something is constructed is irrelevant in my opinion?

I am talking about general knowledge.

Peter has built PLENTY of armored suits in the current ASM issues. He also has a better understanding of chemistry and natural science than Tony Stark. Yeah Tony is smart and is REALLY good with technology...But so is Peter Parker AND Peter Parker knows more about other sciences...So in my book...Peter is still smarter.
    Peter is very smart but Tony is a genius prodigy that has run a multi-billion dollar company, lost it and regained it several times in his life, along with being a trailblazer in various technologies, while carrying on like a playboy about 40% of the time and being a super hero.

Not even close.

BANNED

Peter seems to be intelligent in a "smartest person you personally know" kind of way, not "world class supergenius" like Tony. Besides, the MU doesn't need Spider-Man stealing everybody else's schtick, he's already everywhere as it is.

Tony Stark of course. I would like to see Tony mentor Parker again like he did pre-Civil War.

Tough call both definetly know computers. Tony for obvious reasons but on the other hand Peter did hack his armor in Civil War. I think it come down to the kind of smarts you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Parker wins easily in common sense, though.
    Nope. When he revealed his identity to the whole world, he put his supermodel wife and his elderly aunt into grave danger. That would be the polar opposite of common sense.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Tony Stark. No knock on Peter but Tony is above Pete.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Nope. When he revealed his identity to the whole world, he put his supermodel wife and his elderly aunt into grave danger. That would be the polar opposite of common sense.
    Peter revealed his identity because Tony, MJ, & Aunt May talked him into it, though he knew it was a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstorm View Post
    Peter revealed his identity because Tony, MJ, & Aunt May talked him into it, though he knew it was a bad idea.
    So you're saying that his common sense isn't very strong, or that it caves in the face of some peer pressure?

I don't know about you, but if I was a superhero married to a supermodel, I would do just about anything to avoid revealing my secret identity. I wouldn't want my wife getting assaulted by crazy and amoral superhumans while I'm busy trying to save the world. But apparently that's just me using more common sense than Peter Parker, because he is a fool.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstorm View Post
    Tony told him in Amazing Spiderman that it was his choice. MJ and May did most of the talking him into it. They were all happy and excited talking on the phone with Reed and Sue after he did. They wanted it, but some how it's still Tony's fault. Ultimately is was Peter's choice.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Parker wins easily in common sense, though.
    Common sense says that you don't make deals with your world's equivalent of the devil.

Peter might be smarter in potential, but Tony has the benefits of money, time, and experience.

If their positions had been reversed, it wouldn't even be in question that Iron Parker was smarter than Spider-Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Peter seems to be intelligent in a "smartest person you personally know" kind of way, not "world class supergenius" like Tony. Besides, the MU doesn't need Spider-Man stealing everybody else's schtick, he's already everywhere as it is.
    Peter has impressed Tony, Reed and both Hanks so he must have something to offer. Tony was born on third base so the running his company part is a non starter. tony told Peter he could become rich if he sole his Web fluid but he is not interested.

Tony gets the edge becasue he has the longer resume but Peter is coming up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Common sense says that you don't make deals with your world's equivalent of the devil.

and you don't get drunk before you put on a suit of armor that can level buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    At who's suggestion again?