Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He was completely off the board (I suspect by design) in Civil War. He had his own thing, Planet Hulk, going on at the time.

World War Hulk took Hulk off the board, with Hercules temporarily taking over his title. So he wasn't really available for Secret Invasion either.

He did have a specific role in Chaos War though, and obviously he was in Fear Itself.

Overall, I think he was used in the events where he was available. But Hulk was pretty busy in the last decade, and was unavailable for a lot of them because of what he was doing in his own thing.
    It's not so much that the logic behind his exclusions from events is faulty, it's just that he has a smaller version of the X-Men effect where he'll have events or stories that are usually entrenched within his own world but when it comes to the bigger MU events at times he feels like a glaring omission.

Like just as a fanboy I would have liked to have seen him wreck some skrulls in Secret Invasion or help out during the Siege of Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    It's not so much that the logic behind his exclusions from events is faulty, it's just that he has a smaller version of the X-Men effect where he'll have events or stories that are usually entrenched within his own world but when it comes to the bigger MU events at times he feels like a glaring omission.

Like just as a fanboy I would have liked to have seen him wreck some skrulls in Secret Invasion or help out during the Siege of Asgard.
    I suppose that's one consequence of having a major company wide event every year.

If you're doing your own thing, it's not always convenient to have all the big guns in the big events. Books like Hulk and X-Men had a lot of their own in-family events, some of which occured at the same time as the marvel company wide stuff in terms of publication. So it did sort of create that sort of disconnect.