Page 109 of 183 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2732

Quote Originally Posted by sevenyearslumber View Post
    The best ending to the trilogy i felt could have been mustered.

CONS:

The Joker- I would have just loved even the mere mention of the character, but for such a pivotal character in Nolan's trilogy, to have him completely disregarded seemed more of a dishonor to Ledger's name. I was really bummed about that...

I believe in the novel, it mentions that Arkham was closed, and all inmates removed, except for rumor has it the Joker, and that he may still be there or he may of escaped, no one knows for sure. I would of liked at least a mention, even in passing, about the Joker, but respect Nolan's decision not to mention the Joker because of Ledger's death.

So am I right about that quote?

Can someone find a source online? I can't seem to.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

I have my copy of Dicken's A Tale Of Two Cities in my hands now.

He actually used Sydney Carton's ending quote! I thought he was going to reference the novel not use an actual famous quote from the story.

Although Sydney Carton wastes most of his life, he sacrifices his life in the end, but Batman has given the people so much of his life. The quote still has some significance though if you remember that they erect a statue in honor of The Batman in the end.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Keehar View Post
    - Bane’s death. Bane was our main villain. When the main villain checks out, there is some kind of impact and resonance. Ra’s had those great final moments on the train before it crashed where Batman refuses to save him. Joker had the epic hanging upside down scene with Batman. Two Face had the most emotional send-off of all of them. Bane is standing there talking mid-sentence and gets blown away out the blue by Catwoman. The movie then continues as though Bane never even existed.
    This bothered me the MOST. Having Catwomen cheap shot shoot Bane whilst in the midst of dialogue felt like a B-movie moment in an otherwise stellar/believable film. It was about showing how cool/badass/tough chick she was by killing the main bad guy of the entire film but instead it cheapens Bane's character, he never got the proper send off. Would have loved to have him and Bruce exchange a final line or two or maybe have Bane kill himself etc something epic for such an amazing character.

Oh well still Dark Kinght made Avengers look like a kid movie.

Maybe it says something of Hardy's performance that I don't think a mere blast from the Batpod would've killed Bane. Of course, for all intents and purposes he's dead and we'll never see him again but with that bulletproof vest I think he got away. Honestly, the villains who don't get killed off in this trilogy all get lame send offs, Scarecrow got tasered and Joker was literally left hanging (an insert cut of him in jail during the ending would've made sense even before Ledger's death).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colossus34 View Post
    Oh well still Dark Kinght made Avengers look like a kid movie.
    I thought it was a kids movie before TDKR.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenyearslumber View Post
    The Joker- I would have just loved even the mere mention of the character, but for such a pivotal character in Nolan's trilogy, to have him completely disregarded seemed more of a dishonor to Ledger's name. I was really bummed about that...
    A dishonor? That's being a bit harsh I think. Yeah, it would have been cool if there was a mention, but Nolan didn't include any references to the Joker specifically because he wanted Ledger's great performance to stand on it's own. He was simply trying to do right by his friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tar22 View Post
    A dishonor? That's being a bit harsh I think. Yeah, it would have been cool if there was a mention, but Nolan didn't include any references to the Joker specifically because he wanted Ledger's great performance to stand on it's own. He was simply trying to do right by his friend.
    Its kind of hurts the trilogy. Just slightly! But joker was a great character yrt nevrr gets mrntioned in the third. Having that hurt the trilogy even tho slightly hurts ledgers legacy. Could have found a respectful way to mention joker instead took the cowards wat. Ghost of ledger would be pissed about it.
    FAdam K- How do you read comics and sit around on this board and not know who Gorilla Man is after the last couple of years??

Boycott #1 issues!!!!!

Where is red hulk's moustache?

After rewatching Batman Begins, my estimate of Rises has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted Humor View Post
    After rewatching Batman Begins, my estimate of Rises has improved.
    Rises is a MUCH better film, Begins has aged nicely itll always be a classic but its not as complex or labyrinthian as Rises or Dark Knight. They take the ideas from Begins and take it to a whoe new level.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karl O'Neill View Post
    So am I right about that quote?

Can someone find a source online? I can't seem to.
    well, you can count me in as one who thinks Alfred said "you want to" instead of "you won't". or whatever the verbatim debate is.

I actually had to think while watching it what he said, b/c both make sense, however you want to psychoanalyze Bruce Wayne. But after a few seconds of continually re-playing the soundbite in my mind, I realized he said "you want to". There was an extra syllable sound, after all...although, perhaps it was the accent...?
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
    I believe in the novel, it mentions that Arkham was closed, and all inmates removed, except for rumor has it the Joker, and that he may still be there or he may of escaped, no one knows for sure. I would of liked at least a mention, even in passing, about the Joker, but respect Nolan's decision not to mention the Joker because of Ledger's death.
    The novels are based on the shooting script, it was probably in a scene somewhere but was cut because of time constrains or something like that.

My only real problem with the movie is that whole ''Robin'' scene. It was cheesy as hell and it looked almost as if it was added later. Had his legal name been Dick Grayson, though, I would have probably had the geekgasm they expected to induce.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by satchmo the dragon View Post
    Its kind of hurts the trilogy. Just slightly! But joker was a great character yrt nevrr gets mrntioned in the third. Having that hurt the trilogy even tho slightly hurts ledgers legacy. Could have found a respectful way to mention joker instead took the cowards wat. Ghost of ledger would be pissed about it.
    That's a pretty awful thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by satchmo the dragon View Post
    Nolan purposely kept ledger out of it because including it would be a dishonor to heath. Not the other way around. Get your head out of this one film for one second. This is a man who died dude. A guy like Nolan, who got to know him on a personal level, sees more than a character. To overlook that just for one stupid line in a film would in turn ruin heaths legacy.

His performance was flawless. Leave it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by colossus34 View Post
    This bothered me the MOST. Having Catwomen cheap shot shoot Bane whilst in the midst of dialogue felt like a B-movie moment in an otherwise stellar/believable film.
    Because people being shot out of hand while they were paying attention to something else is wholly unbelievable, a clear fantasy.

/sarcasm off/
    Be all you can be.