Page 174 of 183 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2732

I've seen this four times now and I like it more each time. I was kind of disappointed the first viewing but that was out of expectations and overwhelming hype. Taking the movie as it is, I think it's pretty spectacular and definitely a worthy conclusion to the trilogy.

Nolan's trilogy is a beast of a film epic. Easily, I mean EASILY my favorite film trilogy, and one of the best depictions of Batman ever, up there with BTAS, Year One, and DKR.

One thing I love about Nolan's movies so much is his attention to detail and perfection. Everything feels really fine-tuned, you can tell that it wasn't half-assed at all, and the movie was more or less as good as it could possibly be, considering the concept / vision. The effort and quality in every conceivable area of filmmaking is really top notch.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I just tried rewatching the movie, half way through I turned it off ....
    I don't blame you. I haven't seen it on disc yet, but will have to at some point with my wife.

I've seen a couple clips of some of the "best" moments here on the board and seeing those made me care for this film even less.

I think "Rises" is a real grower, the more I watch it the more I love it, when I first seen it in the cinema I thought it was a bit of a let down, but once I seen it on blu-ray I thought hang on this is pretty dam good! any scene with "The Bat" flying around in it makes me want to cry, I REALLY WANT ONE! Tom Hardy is so badass as well, he absolutly nails the part of Bane, for me Joker was the best villian in the trilogy but Bane was by far the scariest, Best Catwomen ive ever seen as well, wish the comics were like her, everything about her was perfect! I would love a film just on Catwomen but it has to be Anne doing it again, wouldnt want anyone else. Great ending to the trilogy, "Batman Begins" is still the best of the three though imo, I also prefered Gothem in "Begins" as well, plus Nolan used one of my favourite villians in Scarecrow, Cillian Murphy played an awesome Scarecrow, The scary hood with his suit looked sick, such an underated villian in TDK trilogy, I know Bane and Joker were epic but so was Scarecrow!

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    about the Arkham games,Young Justice,JL Doom? this is just to name a few.
    Bane in the Arkham games is a slightly smarter Titan Thug.
    I mean, jeeze, the guy goes down like a chump in City.

He was cool in YJ though.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

I just tried rewatching the movie, half way through I turned it off angry, to much is wrong with it, my fiancé even appllogized to me for it cause I apparently showed my hate for the movie when I took it out. First John Blake knowing Bruce is batman by seeing him one time a a orphanage and Gordon working with all the time and not knowing?
    Bane did the same thing in the comics. He saw Batman for the first time in "Vengeance Of Bane". In Batman #490, he knew that Jean Paul was not the real Batman by merely looking at him. Then in Batman #495, he saw Bruce Wayne for the first time and said, "It's him." to Bird. When he saw Jean Paul again, he kept calling him the pretender. In "Vengeance Of Bane II: The Redemption", he knew it was Bruce right off. Course, he knew that he was back before then.

Alfred walking out,
    See Legends Of The Dark Knight #60, when Alfred quit for the same reasons and didn't return until a year later.

Batman luring the cops away from Bane, sleeping with Talia, just couldn't get into it, and the fact that Bane was completely and totally badass but then last minute changing him to be basically a lap dog for Talia. That's just half the movie don't eve wanna get into the rest
    All of which has happened before in the comics. Bane isn't Talia's lackey. They're partners.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    You know what? I'm getting sick and tired of people criticizing this movie under the veil of fanboyism.If you wanna hate it fine,but dont pretend like you're some major fan.
    Batman has slept with Talia in the comics.
    Alfred left Bruce in Knightquest(after Knightfall).
    Ofcourse Batman drew the cops off Bane,the cops did not know it was Bane under the helmet and what do you think cops would do if they had the choice to either nab a most wanted guy or an unknown thief? seriously common sense man.
    Tim Drake deduced Batman's ID in a pretty stupid manner,Bane did it in the comics just by looking at him,point is Gordon was never supposed to know it.
    Bane being revealed as Talia's "lapdog" as you so eloquently put it did not happen in the first half of the movie.

I could go on and about Darth Vader being Emperors lackey or Sinestro bowing before the Anti-monitor or Storm Shadow being a Cobra agent and last I checked it does not make them bad villains,heck they are more popular.Also you are not aware of Bane's own history with Scandal Savage and Talia herself.Finally he was not a lapdog,get your eyes and ears checked.

Batman was the first superhero I was ever introduced to so ye I'm a major fan. And yes Bane was revealed to be a lap dog in the first half of the movie but I've seen the movie before and knew, the movie didn't sit well with me that's all in saying I've tried I like it and can't but that doesn't change the fact that Im a batman fan

Batman was the first superhero I was ever introduced to so ye I'm a major fan. And yes Bane was revealed to be a lap dog in the first half of the movie but I've seen the movie before and knew, the movie didn't sit well with me that's all in saying I've tried I like it and can't but that doesn't change the fact that Im a batman fan
    How was he a lapdog, at all? The notion that he was pisses me off to all ends. First of all, Tahlia was revealed at the very end, not quite the first half, bud. Second of all, Bane was the public side to their scheme, the muscle. The guy who could deal with Batman. Tahlia couldn't have done anything without Bane. And Bane couldn't have done anything without Tahlia (access to the reactor). Please think before you make ignorant comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    I'd say the Hobbit was movie of the year. Then TDKR. Then Skyfall. Then Hunger Games. Then Prometheus. Avengers is at the bottom. Haven't seen Django yet, but I'd imagine it's up there near the top.

I watched TDKR again last night, boy, was it great! That's 5 times in the span of 5 months

Check out The Master, Bullhead, Holy Motors, Beasts of The Southern Wild, Headhunters, Wild Bill, etc.

Default People calling The Dark Knight Rises "Batman Rising".

I'm hearing this in the news and even on some forums discussing the Aurora tragedy. I didn't think the movie was so obscure to general audiences that so many people would get the name wrong.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

BANNED

It's so obscure it made over a billion dollars. People just want to shorten the name. Why is this a thread?

You sound defensive.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

BANNED

"People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you." Is that not defensive?

I don't think it's a big deal. All they remember is that it is a "Batman" movie and that "Rising" is in the title. The fact that it's the Aurora shooting they're talking about, should show what they are focusing on.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    You sound defensive.
    You are asking a very dumb question. Move along.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

I heard an extreme conspiracy theorist call in to the radio show "Coast to Coast AM" (which is the norm on that show) and say "In 'Dark Knight Rising,' there's a scene where the Joker points to a map, and he's pointing right at Sandy Hook elementary school." Cringe. One, he got the title of the movie wrong. Two, the Joker's not in it. Does he mean the Joker in TDK, or Bane in TDKR? Regardless, and three, I've seen both movies several times and I don't recall either character ever pointing at a map. I couldn't help but wonder if the guy had actually seen whatever he was talking about. You just have to accept that there are a lot of stupid people out there.